Mascots

Scotty

This must be the most painfully awful mascot ever invented and I cringe on behalf of anyone connected to Partick Thistle, but it has certainly got lots of publicity for their club (although I think this confirms that there is such a thing as bad publicity).  

I think the publicity is great for Partick Thistle - You can't buy publicity like that! Worldwide viral interest. It's only a mascot - representing the club's main sponsor who are paying them £200,000. It will become a cult figure which I'm sure the fans will embrace, even in an ironic way...there are t-shirts to buy!

kingsley-tshirt-large.thumb.jpg.f1b60ac0

Inverness have the embarrassment of that bedraggled looking Subway mascot, but if they're our main sponsor and paying us money....
There was a Romanian journalist on Radio Scotland the other night, being interviewed about the Astra game who admitted that prior to the Europa draw, he hadn't heard of Inverness Caley Thistle, and the only Scottish club named Thistle he was aware of was Partick - because of the mascot!

• Agree 1