Jordan Roberts

Gavroche

@ICTFC (on Twitter) : Pleased to confirm the signing of Jordan Roberts, subject to international clearance. We'll bring you more info later.

Great news !

• Agree 1

Yeah, a year, with the club having 'an option of a further year' - (that bizarre caveat!)
I assume it must mean, if he's good, we'll keep him!
But it's effectively no different to say, Ross Draper, amongst others. for example....will be out-of-contract at the end if the season. Both he and Roberts may or may not be kept on - or am I missing something?

But football 'contracts' are meaningless, anyway - if the price is right!
Although, it's better to have players signed-up as that will ensure a transfer sum.....that said, the quality players that have left here without us ever having a fee of note is incredible.

Looks like Roberts has been allocated number 7 this season.

Big boots to fill! Our most recent no.7s have been Billy Mckay, Jonny Hayes (I think) and Barry Wilson!

Not forgetting Edward Ofere, he was a massive impact in the months he was with us. 

I did forget about him! Oops!
Yeah, he''ll forever be remembered in ICT folklore for his part in our cup win. Although the actual final wasn't his best performance for us, he was absolutely 'key' against Celtic in the semi - with a lovely goal, too!
Will be interesting to see which club he eventually joins.

Looks like Roberts has been allocated number 7 this season.

Big boots to fill! Our most recent no.7s have been Billy Mckay, Jonny Hayes (I think) and Barry Wilson!

wasn't Johnny Hayes number 11?

I've just looked at some images and you can see he's wearing number 11 here but in others he's number 7 

image.jpg

Number 11 in this clip of his sensational goal against rangers 

http://youtu.be/VlrQ9s7sbYQ

Edited by jagster

Yet here he is with the 7 jersey!

He must have 'inter-changed' numbers - before the current trend of assigning players' squad numbers they retain for the season.

He wore number 11 in our first season back in the Premiership then took the number 7 shirt after Eric Odhiambo vacated it.

• Agree 1

Cheers for that ubern most players seem to have a number and stick to it. He's gone from 11 to 7 and back to 11 again  ooh ooh ooh Eric odiambo wonder what he's up to now. Met him once really nice guy and a great smile 

Edited by jagster