Forres Mechanics v ICT

Gavroche

Any of the trialists left backs?

Unfortunately not. Raven played left bank in the first half and youngster Stephen Rennie in the second.

Dani Lopez, JJ Hooper and Number 20 (who wasn't Marc Lamont who was mentioned earlier) all played upfront, Oli Norburn played as a sitting midfielder.

Based on what I saw Dani Lopez might be worth another look - he didn't really touch the ball but did set up a couple of the goals. The rest didn't really do anything of any note. Hooper scored a mishit and that was it, Number 20 passed to Hooper to score his mishit and other than that miss controlled the ball quite a bit. Norburn is the sort of holding midfield player which is ten a penny and not the type of player we need.. we need quality attacking players not another holding midfielder. We had two of them in Polworth and Horner playing a half each at right back today.

I thought Jason Brown looked quite a decent back up centre half for the little that he had to do.

• Agree 3

My observations: 

• Raven is as comfortable on the left as he is on the right.
  • Polworth looks comfortable at right-back.
  • Dani Lopez has potential.  Looks classy and skilful. 
  • JJ Hooper is a donkey and not good enough.  He plays like Gregory Tade but with less natural talent (if that was possible!)
  • Norborn has potential.  An easy game but worth another look IMO.
  • Mystery number 20.....meh.

After watching his youtube montage again, Hooper reminds me of Steve Hislop ... same body shape and awkwardness.  Ball bounces off him.  

Still only 21 so has youth on his at least.

Yeap, that will be the same Steve Hislop who had a very respectable strike rate including one of the most important goals in ICT's history 

After watching his youtube montage again, Hooper reminds me of Steve Hislop ... same body shape and awkwardness.  Ball bounces off him.  

Still only 21 so has youth on his at least.

Yeap, that will be the same Steve Hislop who had a very respectable strike rate including one of the most important goals in ICT's history 

Different levels. 1 goal in 4 in the first division wont cut it..

Some harsh criticisms of Hooper IMO. You've got to be a decent player to have a moniker. I'm guessing he used to be a Jay Jay Okocha fanboy. Imagine the disdain in Willie Miller's voice when he has to announce that 'JJ Hooper' has scored against Aberdeen. And the 'Hooper sinks Hoops' headline writes itself.   

• Agree 1

You've got to be a decent player to have a moniker. I'm guessing he used to be a Jay Jay Okocha fanboy.  

"JJ" certainly makes him sound like a better player than he would if he stuck with Jonathan James Hooper.