See you after midnight ?

Laurence

Don't worry Laurence mine is the same I presume the time was set before the kick off time was confirmed.

No I am not worried at all

My wife asked me the K O time because she would travel up with me and do some shopping. Just to check I looked at the ticket. I immediately saw 12.08 am

My  reaction was blimey it is an afternoon K O  " must be something to do with Rumanian T V",?  I showed my wife who said 12.08 am is actually early morning , so I knew it was some sort of error and quite amusing because if the time had been more reasonable but still wrong, I might have turned up at the wrong time.

A lot of people with tickets not on the internet  and maybe living many miles away may  have tickets and not know the real  K O time. So  I think replacements should be sent out. To avoid any misunderstanding , Not very professional ICT?

Again, there's no '8' in that time, Laurence.
It's NOT an error. It's simply the default setting of 00:00 which I'm sure you've encountered on electrical appliances 'flashing' away, awaiting input to the correct time. The kick-off time hadn't been established when the tickets were printed, hence 00:00 (which is the same as 12:00 am). The last figure is a zero.
Normal people don't start threads 'asking the club' what time the game starts when it can be found in numerous places, including this very website.
http://caleythistleonline.com/team/fixtures.html/

Edited by Sneckboy
  • Agree 1

You'd think, though, that the ticketing system should be capable of leaving that field blank or putting "TBC", rather than stating a false kick-off time!

Edited by Yngwie

Clubs have played in European games for decades we all know through TV, radio or other media that the games generally are on are on at 7.45pm (1945) regardless of CL or EL, unless away from home and time differences. This is a ticket time printing error and either a quick call to the club or search on the net (official ICT site http://ictfc.com/matches/fixture-list) will tell the time for anyone unsure - calling for the club to reissue tickets is extreme and a cost tahts un-necessary. Nobody expects a 12.00am (not 12.08am) KO time and certainly not for Romanian (not Rumanian) TV as they are +2 hours from us, why would they want a 2am game for local TV?

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 1

It's NOT an error. It's simply the default setting of 00:00 which I'm sure you've encountered on electrical appliances 'flashing' away, awaiting input to the correct time. The kick-off time hadn't been established when the tickets were printed, hence 00:00 (which is the same as 12:00 am). The last figure is a zero.
Normal people don't start threads 'asking the club' what time the game starts when it can be found in numerous places, including this very website.

It maybe an   8  not a zero   it is academic to argue , As I explained earlier it took me by surprise somewhat. -  Totally unprofessional to put a default time - Yngwie is quite right to say so

It

Clubs have played in European games for decades we all know through TV, radio or other media that the games generally are on are on at 7.45pm (1945) regardless of CL or EL, unless away from home and time differences. This is a ticket time printing error and either a quick call to the club or search on the net (official ICT site http://ictfc.com/matches/fixture-list) will tell the time for anyone unsure - calling for the club to reissue tickets is extreme and a cost tahts un-necessary. Nobody expects a 12.00am (not 12.08am) KO time and certainly not for Romanian (not Rumanian) TV as they are +2 hours from us, why would they want a 2am game for local TV?

I totally agree with you I was talking of a first impression if you read what I said

It maybe an   8  not a zero   it is academic to argue , As I explained earlier it took me by surprise somewhat. -  Totally unprofessional to put a default time - Yngwie is quite right to say so

It

Edited by Laurence

It's not 'academic to argue' when there's clearly a right and wrong, Laurence.

It's NOT an eight! The final two figures are identical - surely you can see that. If you still maintain it's an eight, then by that reasoning, you obviously paid £15.08 for your ticket.
Look at both figures again on your scanned image.

• Agree 1

Nah Laurence, you're ticket's correct.  KO is 12:88am....

A total recall by the way?  As Sneckboy says, default times are commonplace.  Everyone knew it wouldn't be happening at that time.  Did you really think people would look at the ticket and turn up at midnight......or eight minutes past midnight........or 1288am?!  Get real, people aren't stupid.

• Agree 2

It's not 'academic to argue' when there's clearly a right and wrong, Laurence.

It's NOT an eight! The final two figures are identical - surely you can see that. If you still maintain it's an eight, then by that reasoning, you obviously paid £15.08 for your ticket.
Look at both figures again on your scanned image.

You are just arguing for arguing sake I don't see the point

I explained how it came about, I was checking the ticket to tell my wife the time the match started.

I have no idea about default times and such like, Maybe I am old fashioned, but I am 72 in a couple of weeks. I don't see why a ticket is not correct.