Development League info. (2015/16)

Sneckboy

Report from DUFC Official Website

news

Dev League: United 2 Inverness CT 3

November 3, 2015

In an entertaining encounter which helped light up a dank and dismal foggy afternoon at Dundee United’s St Andrews training complex, the Highland visitors edged it by the odd goal in five.

By Peter Rundo

The combination of the Youth Cup tie on Sunday and tomorrow’s League Cup tie at Easter Road meant it was a less experienced Tannadice side than usual.

Nevertheless, they had by far the better of the first half going in a goal to the good after Ola Adeyemo had fired home from close range after five minutes.

However, Inverness hit back through an Ally Sutherland volley ten minutes after the restart.

And ten minutes later, they were ahead when Nat Wedderburn curled home a free-kick from 22 yards.

At that stage, the visitors looked like they might run away with the game passing up a couple of good chances, but instead United recovered and Justin Johnson cut in from the left to fire a shot from outside the box which went under the keeper to equalise with 15 minutes left.

Unfortunately, United conceded possession just inside their own half and Lewis Horner raced forward to crack home the winner in the final minutes.

• Agree 1

We've been drawn away to Hearts in the last 16 of the Scottish Youth Cup.
Tough draw, but we're well above them in the league this season, so there's a decent chance.

Oh well, a home game for some of us. Also a visit to Tynecastle coming up on December 5th.

• 2 weeks later...

Beating St Johnstone 1-0 at the moment.

Looks as though MacKay in goal, Warren, Wedderburn, Draper, Mutombo, Lopez, Sutherland Howarth and Macrae all playing. plus C Brown and Gilchrist

Subs: Hoban, Maclennan, Wilson, MacArthur

Mutombo shot spilled and Lopez followed up to score after 32 minutes.

Hour gone still 1-0.

Stole all the info from Sean Selkirk@SeanSelkirkYFS 2 minutes ago

Lopez and Liam Craig having a few words with each other, slight disagreement over a Lopez challenge

10 mins to go still 1-0..............

Double red card: Lopez for and 6 for raised hands from both

Full Time 1-0

• Agree 5

12 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

I had us down as playing Celtic away today but it seems to be postponed. Otherwise it's a full card. Any ideas?

I can only assume it's due to Celtic's U20s having a game tomorrow - in the UEFA Youth League.
Looks like our next game is home to Falkirk, next Tuesday (1st Dec) - (although these things can change at a moment's notice!). Then, I think, it's the last-16 of the Scottish Youth Cup on 6th December, away at Hearts.

Apparently we are playing a friendly against Buckie Thistle tonight

Our line up is

Esson, Raven, Howarth, Brown, Warren, Wedderburn, Foran, Draper, Sho-Silva, Mutombo, Sutherland.

We are 5-0 up and Esson has saved a penalty.

Penalty Inverness, 6-0

Full Time 6-0

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Sneckboy said:

I can only assume it's due to Celtic's U20s having a game tomorrow - in the UEFA Youth League.
Looks like our next game is home to Falkirk, next Tuesday (1st Dec) - (although these things can change at a moment's notice!). Then, I think, it's the last-16 of the Scottish Youth Cup on 6th December, away at Hearts.

I couldn't find any dates for the last 16 including the SFA's own site. Where did you get this?

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

I couldn't find any dates for the last 16 including the SFA's own site. Where did you get this?

I can't honestly remember, Mantis! I just remember reading somewhere the 6th December at the time of the draw. It's probably correct, as this Sunday we're obviously playing Celtic, then next week the U20s have a game on Tuesday - so it's likely on the following Sunday.
I've found this-
The draw for the fourth round of the Little Big Shot Youth Cup was made this morning at Hampden Park by Scottish FA President Alan McRae. The draw is as follows:
1. St. Johnstone v Celtic
2. Queen of the South v Cumbernauld Colts
3. Motherwell v Kilmarnock
4. Greenock Morton v Ross County
5. Dundee United v Dundee
6. St. Mirren v Rangers
7. Ayr United v Airdrieonians
8. Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
These fixtures are scheduled to be played on or before Sunday 6th December 2015.

It says on-or-before the 6th! How helpful!
Hopefully nearer the time, there'll be official confirmation on the SFA website - would be a shame if you headed to Tynie and found the place shut!

10 hours ago, Sneckboy said:

I can't honestly remember, Mantis! I just remember reading somewhere the 6th December at the time of the draw. It's probably correct, as this Sunday we're obviously playing Celtic, then next week the U20s have a game on Tuesday - so it's likely on the following Sunday.
I've found this-
The draw for the fourth round of the Little Big Shot Youth Cup was made this morning at Hampden Park by Scottish FA President Alan McRae. The draw is as follows:
1. St. Johnstone v Celtic
2. Queen of the South v Cumbernauld Colts
3. Motherwell v Kilmarnock
4. Greenock Morton v Ross County
5. Dundee United v Dundee
6. St. Mirren v Rangers
7. Ayr United v Airdrieonians
8. Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
These fixtures are scheduled to be played on or before Sunday 6th December 2015.

It says on-or-before the 6th! How helpful!
Hopefully nearer the time, there'll be official confirmation on the SFA website - would be a shame if you headed to Tynie and found the place shut!

Cheers Sneckboy and Don, probably be at Riccarton though I would imagine, or do I have some vague memory that clubs use the main stadium in this cup. 

Weird situation, County have already played Morton (and won 2-1) even though the other fixtures aren't up, although QoS is down for this Saturday. I suppose they can only put up what the clubs tell them, or rather the clubs ask permission to stage the fixture......

Edited by TheMantis

• 2 weeks later...