Travel Advice, Guide & Match Info : FC Astra Away Leg

CaleyD

The club say that they are expecting to be allocated 500 standard match tickets for the game and there are more than 350 people booked on to Dalgetty Bay Jaggy's buses.  There are also fans on the plane which the club has chartered and I am assuming others may have made their own arrangements to get to the stadium.  Is it just me, or is anyone else concerned that we may not get enough tickets?  Don't want to get there and not get in!

The club say that they are expecting to be allocated 500 standard match tickets for the game and there are more than 350 people booked on to Dalgetty Bay Jaggy's buses.  There are also fans on the plane which the club has chartered and I am assuming others may have made their own arrangements to get to the stadium.  Is it just me, or is anyone else concerned that we may not get enough tickets?  Don't want to get there and not get in!

Sure 500 will cover it even if it is a bit too tight for comfort.

• Agree 1

Communication with them has been a bit....eh....challenging.  500 is the number of fans we expect to see at the game, but having talked with one of their guys last week I believe the area being given to ICTFC fans actually houses about 800.

The club are using their "VIP Seat" (I so hate that term) allocation for those travelling on the club plane, so they aren't included in the above figure.

Communication with them has been a bit....eh....challenging.  500 is the number of fans we expect to see at the game, but having talked with one of their guys last week I believe the area being given to ICTFC fans actually houses about 800.

The club are using their "VIP Seat" (I so hate that term) allocation for those travelling on the club plane, so they aren't included in the above figure.

Ok, thanks for that. 

So total attendance on our part could be around 650-700 including VIP seated fans. That would be fantastic. Looking forward to helping create a big noise to roar the team on.

That's maybe a little high.

The 500 figure is based on the 350 or so that we know are travelling by the coaches being organised by DBJ. About 50 on the club flight are fans and non-working club personnel (directors & partners etc)....rest of the flight is players, working club personnel & press.  We allowed for another 100 arriving by means unknown (i.e. a guess).

You're right though, even at that it's pretty phenomenal. Especially when you consider our average away crowd for a game in the central belt is about half of that.

Just think of how many we might take to the away leg if we make it through and end up with West Ham...even though it may prove about as expensive to travel for that one as it is for Romania :lol: 

Ask me at the end of the season when we're getting ready to lift the Europa League Cup.

Get your hotel room in Basel booked. 

Could take some elderly relations along too.

Good luck to eeveryone making the journey. 

i know this is a big ask but I was a bit disappointed when the club didn't have any special memrobilia for the first leg. could I ask anyone who is going tomorrow night if there is a decent standard of half and half scarf or friendship scarf they could pick one up for me please.

I am more than happy to square up on return to inverness and provide a beer or two compensation for your troubles

many thnaks

Tug

• Scotty unpinned this topic