Dundee -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Today's game was a carbon copy of the Perth one a few weeks ago. Sooo frustrating. A draw snatched from the jaws of victory, fans and players gutted. Really good performance for 80 minutes, equaliser out of nowhere.

Mutombo deserves the absolute pelters he was getting from both sets of fans as he walked off, after a vicious and unneccessary late lunge on the half way line, born out of frustration at the equaliser.  He will have to face the wrath of Hughes and his teammates after leaving our depleted squad short of yet another player, effing idiot.

Today's game was a carbon copy of the Perth one a few weeks ago. Sooo frustrating. A draw snatched from the jaws of victory, fans and players gutted. Really good performance for 80 minutes, equaliser out of nowhere.

Mutombo deserves the absolute pelters he was getting from both sets of fans as he walked off, after a vicious and unneccessary late lunge on the half way line, born out of frustration at the equaliser.  He will have to face the wrath of Hughes and his teammates after leaving our depleted squad short of yet another player, effing idiot.

Just in from the game, and I agree with what Yngwie says . I would like to add another couple of points: Our goalkeeper who saved a penalty today is still very unsure when coming to collect a ball, and if Dundee had been a bit sharper they could have nicked the game. Lopez is as bad a player as I have ever seen in an ICT shirt, and why he wasn't replaced I will never understand.

My only criticism of Fon today was his kicking, there were a few bad ones that sailed out of play.

As for Dani Lopez, just like Jennifer Lopez, he has knockers, but I think he's actually got a decent amount of craft, skill and vision. His failing is that he is way too slow, especially  for the role he is given.

It was good to have Tremarco in the centre of defence, he did really well, whereas Devine had a few shakey moments and I'm not sure what he was doing when he deliberately stuck his arm up to handle a cross that his head wasn't gonna get to.  It was also good to have Draper back in midfield.

I think our attacking players were sent out to be creative and play with gay abandon today, there were loads of fancy turns and touches from Christie, Vigurs and Mutombo in the first half, all very nice to watch. If only we had the right kind of striker to capitalise.

• Agree 1

Have to agree with Yngwie especially as he was sitting right next to me and pillars were few and far between. Just like the Perth game if we had a finisher we would have had that game wrapped up by half time. No idea why Yogi didn't throw on Ferguson and Polworth for the last 20 just to run about like headless chickens instead of Lopez who just isn't suited to the Premiership and Mulombo who looked to be tiring anyway before his karate kid impression.

You could see in the faces of our 10 remaining players just how gutted they were as they trudged off in front of our fantastic support. I think the 'Jimmy says aye to a Killie Pie' record may have been broken today :lol:

Sounds like a disappointing end but I think we would have taken a 1-1 draw before the game.

We at least can blame our poor start on injuries to some extent.  We may not be happy but I think we are happier than this Kilmarnock fan.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3QtbD5jHK0  Priceless! - but don't click on the link if you are offended by the odd naughty word!

• Agree 1

Sounds like a disappointing end but I think we would have taken a 1-1 draw before the game.

We at least can blame our poor start on injuries to some extent.  We may not be happy but I think we are happier than this Kilmarnock fan.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3QtbD5jHK0  Priceless! - but don't click on the link if you are offended by the odd naughty word!

That fan's video went viral last weekend. This weekend's news is Josh Magennis getting criticised for calling the video "poison" and saying "he can't be a proper fan" .... Think he needs to remember who pays the footballers' wages.

From highlights - not much in the game. Good finish from Raven after break of the ball. Poor penalty saved and criminal defending from a pretty shabby cross for the goal. Stupid foul from Mutombo for red card.

Just saw the goals and sending off on SSN, biggest blow is Mutombo, one the one hand seems more like a booking because it didn't look that dangerous, but I guess if you wrap your levels round a player it is....maybe the ref sent him off for being plain stupid.

Good news??? Given the injuries, we are not getting stuff, Mutombo does look a decent enough player, the international break might see a player back from injury and we're not cast adrift

Just saw the goals and sending off on SSN, biggest blow is Mutombo, one the one hand seems more like a booking because it didn't look that dangerous, but I guess if you wrap your levels round a player it is....maybe the ref sent him off for being plain stupid.

Good news??? Given the injuries, we are not getting stuff, Mutombo does look a decent enough player, the international break might see a player back from injury and we're not cast adrift

sorry I'm with the ref here. I was there and everyone gasped at that challenge. Red all day long for me and those around me. 

Playwise we were much improved yesterday and the players worked so hard to get what would have been a deserved win. Just switched off unfortunately at the death. Certainly not cut adrift. We do, however, need a goal scorer and fast! 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 4

David Raven to the rescue yet again ......well done David  !!!!!! Promising signs from team but as 

happens often just can't keep things tight enough to final whistle.

The saddest sight was seeing Nick Ross getting his feet taken from him ,which could have been very

serious . We are not a team to use dirty tactics and Nick is one of the nicest natured players we have 

had . He looked unscathed so I hope no damage done and hope we don't see a repeat of this .It was

sickening !!!!

• Agree 2

No chance. It was a disgraceful challenge and clear sending off. He should be hammered for it.

• Agree 5

Having just seen it again on Goals on Sunday, the Mutombo challenge was every bit as dreadful as it looked at the time. I don't think anyone in the away support could quite believe it, as it was so blatant and unnecessary: almost as jaw-dropping as Devine's handball, which looked as though he'd forgotten where he was and thought he was playing volleyball. I thought Mutombo had a bad game throughout, actually - some bad first touches, poor linking and too many aimless runs. Lopez used the ball better than on some previous occasions when I've seen him, but he still doesn't really look like a striker, more a number 10.

Dundee supporters over on P&B are being highly critical of what they saw as a deliberate strategy to hack and bully their players out of the game. I didn't really see it like that (Mutombo's demolition of Ross apart), but there were a few clumsy challenges which looked like the result of players low in confidence trying not to lose control of the midfield. Overall, I thought we did reasonably well for 70 minutes or so, with Christie again our most creative influence and Williams showing up well again at left back, but we failed to kill off the game or take the sting out of Dundee - I said to either RiG or Red Card about 15 minutes from the end that we should be putting Wedderburn on for Mutombo to shore up the midfield, but when he did come on, Vigurs came off, which seemed counter-intuitive, as by that stage we looked like were only interested in defending. Nevertheless, we probably should have seen the game out, but given that we got away with Devine's handball thanks to Fon Williams, we can't be too unhappy with a point. I do think it will be a long and scrappy season though - I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see this team clicking and going on a run of good results, especially with the injuries we have.        

• Agree 3

The only plus side about Mutombo's challenge, was that we won't have to see him for a while.  A dreadful challenge to sum up a dreadful game.  I could see him giving the eyes to some of the fans giving him grief as he went off.  Can't say I had any sympathy for him though.  A stupid thing to do.

What I couldn't understand was why he lasted so long.  I could understand Wedderburn coming on for a tiring Vigurs, but I couldn't understand we weren't taking Mutombo off for Foran (or even Horner or Polworth), just to see out the game and run down the clock, while also bringing someone on who could hold up for the ball.  The way Mutombo was holding the ball, you'd think it was a bar of soap!

As others have said, I'm really liking Williams at left back.  The only thing he needs to work on a wee bit I'd say, is his crossing into the box.  Reminds me a bit of Richard Hastings in that it's always straight at the keeper.

Who was the suited up guy in our dugout by the way?  Didn't recognise him.

• Agree 2

Just seen the highlights on BBC alba mutombos tackle was absolutely disgusting and his reaction afterwords was equally disgusting. Pushing away his teammate and just strutting off like a child being sent to his bedroom. I sincerely hope he never plays another game for us because he's useless

• Agree 1

Just watched the highlights on Alba. 

What a horrible team Dundee are. Low and McGowan are niggly little gits, and they were diving all over the place

The equaliser was avoidable and the sending off deserved. 

We really need to start scoring goals!

Just seen the highlights on BBC alba mutombos tackle was absolutely disgusting and his reaction afterwords was equally disgusting. Pushing away his teammate and just strutting off like a child being sent to his bedroom. I sincerely hope he never plays another game for us because he's useless

My impressions from down based on snippets in the press, BBC and bits of highlights was that Mutombo was a half decent player, who probably should have gotten on the scoresheet....My impressions from this forum on Lopez is that he is useless (or has some qualities but either unfit or unsuited to Scottish Football)..... is Mutombo worse than Lopez?

In any event Yogi will have to come up with a Plan C in Mutombo's enforced absence.... however  I now see BBC reporting on Celtic's bid for Ryan Christie, if he were to disappear by Tuesday night for the £500K then there can be no greater example of the financial predicament the club is in that a potential relegation (as a consequence of being able to bring decent replacements) is not a significant threat to the clubs existance compared to not being able to balance the books. Some talk of a loan back though, so perhaps the best deal we can hope for??

Definitely a season where Yogi will need our backing to get through a sticky time

• Scotty unpinned and unfeatured this topic