Yogi's Contract

Pele_Is_God

Apparently a £200k compensation clause in JH's contract (although reported in the Record, so probably inaccurate). If correct, well done the board! Yogi's problem is that, wherever he goes, it will be impossible to match the success here. He came into a team on the rise with a great team spirit. Any team he goes to at this stage in the season will be failing - a very different proposition. For his and our sake, I hope he rejects any advances!

• Agree 1

interesting to hear the commentators on OAM mention the "grass isnt always greener" opinion and also mention the lack of success of managers who have left ICT

• Agree 4

Exactly, Scotty.

It would take him time to re-jig and build up any team in the SPL right now. Partick and St. Johnstone came back to winning ways and it's quite a turbulent scene IMHO.  John will almost certainly stay where there is stability of a sort and a good  Board Chairman and build on his past success.:clapoverhead:

• Agree 1

Any other club beware!! Inverness is a unique club that brings the best out of managers. But the facts are that when they move elsewhere they fail dismally. Steve Patterson to Aberdeen FAIL. John Robertson to Hearts FAIL. Craig Brewster to Dundee United FAIL. Terry Butcher to Hibs FAIL.

• Agree 6

Seems that United are going for Tommy Wright at this moment but I wonder if they can't snare him would they look again at Hughes? In the meantime why don't we offer the guy (and some of the players) contracts instead of running the risk of losing players and managers for buttons like we have done in the past.

• Agree 3

ST Johnstone Chaiman Brown issues statement  giving a pretty clear hands off message to Dundee United Chaiman Thompson

With speculation rife linking manager Tommy Wright with the managerial vacancy at Dundee United FC, Saints’ Chairman Steve Brown has this morning moved to clarify the club’s position.

Brown said: “The manager has never indicated that he wishes to leave the club and I have spoken with Tommy regarding this particular matter and he has reiterated to me that he is more than happy at Saints.”

The Chairman continued: “Since I appointed Tommy, I have had a good working relationship with him and we are both striving to maintain the success we have enjoyed in recent seasons and therefore, regardless of any approach and any level of compensation that might be offered, it will be flatly turned down.

“It is important to me that all St Johnstone supporters are assured that we intend for Tommy to remain at the club beyond his current contract which already runs to June 2017.”

ST Johnstone Chaiman Brown issues statement  giving a pretty clear hands off message to Dundee United Chaiman Thompson

With speculation rife linking manager Tommy Wright with the managerial vacancy at Dundee United FC, Saints’ Chairman Steve Brown has this morning moved to clarify the club’s position.

Brown said: “The manager has never indicated that he wishes to leave the club and I have spoken with Tommy regarding this particular matter and he has reiterated to me that he is more than happy at Saints.”

The Chairman continued: “Since I appointed Tommy, I have had a good working relationship with him and we are both striving to maintain the success we have enjoyed in recent seasons and therefore, regardless of any approach and any level of compensation that might be offered, it will be flatly turned down.

“It is important to me that all St Johnstone supporters are assured that we intend for Tommy to remain at the club beyond his current contract which already runs to June 2017.”

Would/will we do the same??? I doubt it....

Think Kenny Cameron was in Courier last week saying basically the same????

Seems that United are going for Tommy Wright at this moment but I wonder if they can't snare him would they look again at Hughes? In the meantime why don't we offer the guy (and some of the players) contracts instead of running the risk of losing players and managers for buttons like we have done in the past.

You're going to feel pretty foolish when Scotland leaves the pound and buttons become our de facto currency. :braveheart:

Think Kenny Cameron was in Courier last week saying basically the same????

I didn't see that, but I suspect that JH would be given permission to speak to United if an approach was made.

If an approach were made ICT would give permission ... no point doing otherwise as it would just foster discontent if the manager was refused permission and wanted to talk to them.

Sounds like Tommy Wright is happy where he is and has no desire to talk to United so they will say no. IF JH has indicated to Kenny that he is also happy and not seeking a move elsewhere then I would hope ICT would also refuse as that would be a pretty clear statement of intent from the board and from the manager himself. Even if he did talk to them then its also not doom and gloom ... I dont think Yogi is a stupid man so would hope he can see the freedom he gets here to do and implement what he wants (within reason) compared to the situation he might find himself in if he went to Tayside (or to Fir Park). 

Problem with Hughes getting permission to talk to Dundee Utd is that, he would go if he likes what he hears because only last week he issued an ultimatum to Kenny "either give me a new deal or I am off to replace Jackie", that was in Record or Sun lol so God knows if that's what was exactly said or how journalists thought he'd said something different!

Until United get their new man, I am going to be worried about them targeting John :-(, same would go with Saints if TW unexpectedly left Saints for United.

Edited by Shaun

Problem with Hughes getting permission to talk to Dundee Utd is that, he would go if he likes what he hears because only last week he issued an ultimatum to Kenny "either give me a new deal or I am off to replace Jackie", that was in Record or Sun lol so God knows if that's what was exactly said or how journalists thought he'd said something different!

Until United get their new man, I am going to be worried about them targeting John :-(, same would go with Saints if TW unexpectedly left Saints for United.

I suggest you set a great deal more store by what the chairman and manager say than what you read in these comics...

• Agree 1

the sj chairmans statement is football speak for " if you want our manger it will be big bucks compo"

if hughes is next on their list not a problem let him go.

we were playing good footie up until end of january last season. won 4 games out of last 15. beating du twice, relegated st Mirren and Dundee.

we were lucky du were in free fall and sj were too far behind to catch up for Europe through league place.

this season we were crying out for a striker and hughes bought instead 6-7 midfielders,.... oops sorry he actually thought lopez was a striker.

eventually the chairman took matters into his own hands and found miles storey according to hughes

"Miles Storey is rapid quick," he said. "It's all credit to the chairman who came in with the name actually.

hughes picked up his manager of the year, Europe and Scottish cup from a team built by butcher.

if he does go we could try to get the new Liverpool manager jurgen klopp's brother........ CLIPITEY

• Disagree 4

You're worried about him leaving now?  Makes a change from this!

Screen_Shot_2015-10-05_at_20.07.20.thumb

• Agree 3

To be fair he looks like he was spot on about Lopez.

He's only saying that because everyone else was saying it - as far as I'm aware, he hardly attends any matches.  His comments on Fon Williams are simply laughable.

I take it he's scouted Darren Murray personally as well...

Edited by Renegade