Miles Storey

medievalmickey

Good evening,

I am a Swindon Town supporter and would be interested to hear how Miles is getting on. He has scored a few for you so hope he is impressing you.

His most memorable game for us was against Aston Villa, We were 0-2 down when he came on as a substitute and scored two very quick goals to level the tie. One was an exquisite back heel which took out the whole Villa defence. It was a strong Villa line up that night and they scored a third to win the match.

Since then Miles career has faltered and current manager just does not seem to like him and loans him out whenever possible implying that he does not suit the "Swindon way of playing". That may be true but a lot of us feel that he has not been given a proper chance and are very pleased to see that he is scoring for you.

Do you think he will remain a starting regular and would you think he may tay beyond his loan period?

Best wishes,

Mickey

Very impressed with him.  He's provided the spark to get our season up and running.  We would love him to stay but what with the way he is playing and the form Swindon are showing at the moment I would imagine you would want him back.  We can but hope that there are reasons behind the scenes which lead to him staying.

Thanks for your reply.

You are right: our form is abysmal and 12 players are on the injury list. I doubt that things are anywhere bad enough for the manger to recall Miles. He was not even given a squad number at start of season.

If Duncan Shearer  is still with you I cannot think of a better mentor for Miles.

Only 12? Pah! :lol:

What are your memories of Adam Rooney? I recall he didn't set the heather alight, or whatever passes for heather in Swindon, but he's a far more complete player now and banging them in for Aberdeen. 

Also, as well as the Miles Storey, Duncan Shearer and Adam Rooney associations, Inverness CT and Swindon have 3 other past 'common links' (that I can think of) in Lee Cox, Owain Tudur Jones and Maurice Malpas.

I don't suppose our guest from Swindon wants reminded about the last of these....

• Agree 1

Dear Mickey,

Unfortunatley, Miles is rubbish and been playing very poorly and I would like you to pass this onto your manger.

However, since we are decent folk up here and we took him on loan, I think we are obliged to work on him and keep him here for the rest of the season 

Hope this willl be ok and tell your manager not to worry.

• Agree 8

Thanks for the replies.

Duncan Shearer is a true Swindon Town great and will never be forgotten.

Adam Rooney scored a few goals but was not exceptional. Lee Cox appeared to be a good player but, like Miles, was never really given a chance. Owain Tudur Jones joined us on loan, started brightly then faded and moved on after his loan spell.

Maurice Malpas was appointed manager when a wealthy Consortium took over at a point when it looked as if the club would fold: not an envious task. He was appointed by the then Chairman whose aim was to make the club self sufficient. It was a difficult job for Maurice and he earned the tag of emotionless. We ended up with Paolo DiCanio but that is a different story.

Don't worry Ronaldo, Miles could score close to a goal a game and Mark Cooper would probably consider this underachieving and when the goal return fell back to say one in two then he would be right.

Sorry to go on a little.

Best wishes to all.

• Agree 3

Sorry to report medievalmickey, but it looks like Miles Storey isn't a Swindon player after all - here's a snippet from this week's BBC preview of our upcoming match on Saturday:

"Christie has also been on scintillating form and his return is timely for manager John Hughes, who also has the impressive Miles Storey to call upon.

The striker, on loan from Newport County, has scored four goals in his five appearances so far and has yet to taste defeat since joining the Highlanders."

So, you must be wrong in your assertion that he is a Swindon player because the BBC never get it wrong.......:crazy:

• Agree 1

Dear Mickey,

Unfortunatley, Miles is rubbish and been playing very poorly and I would like you to pass this onto your manger.

However, since we are decent folk up here and we took him on loan, I think we are obliged to work on him and keep him here for the rest of the season 

Hope this willl be ok and tell your manager not to worry.

Yes, you are absolutely right.  I was confusing Miles with Dani Lopez in my earlier post.

Our manager keeps saying that he should get better once his fitness improves, as Ive yet to see him run faster than his usual jog around the pitch, he also has a lot of good players around him for the killer pass, I wouldn't mind seeing him stay till the end of season, or longer maybe to see if he comes good.

O.K Sorted then?

Since you are interested in cycling do you know about or remember Willie Miller of Scotland. Sure I've got his name right . Came from humble background to World Champion (in the velodrome,) in the latter half of the last century. They made a lovely film about him  which is was on the T V here in Vancouve,r Canada recently.

:ictscarf:Cheers mun.

?

Miles is certainly very quick but I can't remember him being given too many killer passes here. The manager tended to play him out wide, not that he fancied playing him at all.

It could just be that Miles has now found the ideal place to restart a promising career. I hope so.

• Agree 2

O.K Sorted then?

Since you are interested in cycling do you know about or remember Willie Miller of Scotland. Sure I've got his name right . Came from humble background to World Champion (in the velodrome,) in the latter half of the last century. They made a lovely film about him  which is was on the T V here in Vancouve,r Canada recently.

:ictscarf:Cheers mun.

?

Sorry about being off topic....

Not quite sure what film that is but I did watch a movie a couple years back about Scottish amateur cyclist Graeme Obree. The film covers the period of Obree's life (late 80s to 90s I think) that saw him take, lose, and then retake the world one-hour distance record.  He's played by Jonny Lee Miller and I actually thought it was a decent underdog watch.

I was addressing Medieval Mickey,  but thanks for responding ICT Paisley.

You are correct--it was Obree, played by Miller. My memory banks tend to play tricks on me these days and have become rough around the edges.That was a down to earth and very good film which I enjoyed......especially the alleged corruption amongst the  Cycling officials of the time. These people in charge at that time hated to see a newcomer interfere with their devious plans and put every obstacle in the way of Obree to stymie his winning efforts. The more recent Lance Armstrong fiasco seems to indicate that dirty tricks and so on in the cycling world are still a feature of this sport.  :redcard:

Our manager keeps saying that he should get better once his fitness improves, as Ive yet to see him run faster than his usual jog around the pitch, he also has a lot of good players around him for the killer pass, I wouldn't mind seeing him stay till the end of season, or longer maybe to see if he comes good.

Or maybe get him on a 3 year deal.

I guess Miles' immediate future is now down to a couple of factors. He must be able to show your manager that he will be an asset to your side and be able to provide a valuable contribution when he, inevitably, will have a slow scoring time.

You may be aware that our manager has just been relieved of his post so it will be interesting to see if this changes the Club's view of Miles' ability.

I will let you know if I hear anything of interest.

Best wishes to all,

Mickeyr

• Agree 1

Oh IHE--how could you.....?

Lovely lad who  runs defences ragged. Can also score a nifty goal  and a half and I for one hope and pray that he is the answer to the loss of Billy Mackay and an example to other players what hard work and solid endeavour can achieve.  Sign him now.

Has a neat mod haircut as well --  If only I had half of what is left on his heid I would be back to my youthful endeavors again which will forever remain unmentionable on here.--to do so would risk IHE's mocking tones  accompanied by several references to that fine animal  the Canajin Moose...1500 lbs of muscle and might.

Ach, 'twas said in jest. The lad has a lot of potential. He feels a bit like Marley Watkins and I don't think that he fits the bill (yet) as a lone striker. It will be interesting to see if the change in management at Swindon changes anything about the loan.

Pimple, you told me in the league cup thread you could remember every game going back 60 years, now your memory is a bit iffy which is it? Just back from a week down south where my host was a lifelong Swindon fan, doesn't get to many games now as he is in his 70's and lives in Bournemouth, he wasn't even aware of Storey but am sure he will be happy at the managers departure as they were dropping like a stone. It seems he had put a huge number of players out on loan and sold their best like Richie to Bournemouth. Sounds like money problems at the club.