Miles Storey

medievalmickey

• 3 weeks later...

Wynthingmie, dear fellow, can't agree with you more. Old Scarlet is fading as fast as a frigging, phllandering, overworked fallopian tube. Flipping rotten deal, mate.

Help me along since that's me current song.

You day is coming so just observe and be nice like sugar and spice. Or, if you really want, like a pot of old boiled rice.

But remember you will get more with honey than you will with vinegar, so off you go to Castlegar.

I know, I know, my hair has turned to snow. The fingers creak and I need a crutch to get up on the po.

My back is bad, my belly's gone to fat.

How I wish that I was Tac the cat (One of the heroes in Destinies in Motion) and could just spend my remaining days just sitting on the mat.

So, there you go and thank you Wynn. it's just a matter of the brain cortex skin that's gone a little bittie thynn. :notworthy::ictscarf:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

• 3 weeks later...

In recognition of our top striker this season. And it's a boring Sunday afternoon................

Miles eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored,

He hath used his football lightning of his rapier swift sword

His goals are marching on

Storey! Storey ! Hallelujah! Storey! Storey! Hallelujah
Storey! Storey ! Hallelujah! Miles goals are marching on.........

• Agree 2

Wynthank 15

With these remarks you win again

So I've given you a "Like" which is another gain.

And making merry is a ruse just to keep me sane.

As well as, of course, the  jolly japes

Which, in turn, remind me of my youth when I played Superman in capes.

And got me into scrapes.

Since Castlegar is up North In British Columbia, Canada, (up in the boonies,:lol:) your comment intrigues me, kind Sir .

Was it you that coined the ditty, which I admit is rather pretty?   :-

" When I was in the Klondyke gold rush, there was a bar in Castlegar where I could water my horse and chug a jar.

I wonder if it's still around, or gone like the blowing  tumbleweed that doth abound in them thar parts.

Dobbin, my hoss, is rather sleepy which for me is rather creepy' since we've only done 16 miles and now it's noon.

Mind you, he's also 16 years old too so maybe he will fold real soon.

Aw, Shucks!  Festus, the bar-keep, is a-calling; what a guy, he's always bawling..... or on the floor, a-sprawling.

Must be Dead eye Dick who's causing trouble, a feller who never shaves always has a lot of stubble....on his jut-out chin.
Maybe that's why he's teamed up with Vladimir Putin who's rumoured to be pestering the Deed Pollers to change his name to Put-The-Boot -In. :wink:

Gotta go, pards!       I see old Festus needs my help and is giving me a knowing wink.

That can only  mean, I think,  if I help him I gets a freebee drink. :notworthy:

Odd's fish m'dear pimple, it's really quite simple

that coined little ditty, that you find so pretty

t'was coined by Sir Percy, to Chauvelin, he showed no mercy

criticised his limp cravat, ridiculed his clothes as tat

he said with a passion "so much for French fashion"

t'would cause him anxiety, in high London society

to be seen in such clothes, and then he just closed

with

"You see, m'dear Chauvelin I am a poet and you did not know it, whaaat"

(Sir Percival Blakeney, Barronette) The Scarlet Pimpernel

"so the tailors will run the country and no one will make the clothes, so much for French fashion... and French politics"