Team News - Injuries and Suspensions etc

Council Juice

17 minutes ago, dave26 said:

Devine suspended for the Killie game on 9th Jan. Hopefully we will see the return of the Meekings / Warren partnership :smile:

Magennis and Smith suspended for Killie :smile::smile:

We play Stirling on the 9th Jan

I take it that means he misses the Killie game on the 16th. 

Been on the cards for a while - I think he has been 1 booking short for a bit. Ironic that the one that tips him over was for protesting about a penalty that wasn't. Given by that **** Collum. He even manages to spoil games he doesn't referee!

2 minutes ago, Sneckboy said:

I wonder if that's a mistake by the SFA? I was expecting to see Draper with a suspension, after picking up 6 bookings...rather than Devine? Confused.

Aren't there points allocated for booking (1 or 2) I think, and 12 points is a ban? If I recall correct, most caution able offences are 2 points, so 6 bookings usually equals a ban, but it isn't a certainty. I'm sure this used to be the case, but it is possible I am behind the times

This stuff used to be available on the SFA website, but I am darned if I can find it these days. And how unlike the SFA to have a system that isn't quite transparent!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Aren't there points allocated for booking (1 or 2) I think, and 12 points is a ban? If I recall correct, most caution able offences are 2 points, so 6 bookings usually equals a ban, but it isn't a certainty. I'm sure this used to be the case, but it is possible I am behind the times

This stuff used to be available on the SFA website, but I am darned if I can find it these days. And how unlike the SFA to have a system that isn't quite transparent!

The suspension list on the SFA website covers referee reports received up to 30.12.2015. I'm guessing the report from the Hamilton game won't have landed, so more likely Draper will be in next week's issue of Scotland's Stupidest Decisions

51 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

We are not playing Killie that day! Away to Stirling in cup!

Devine suspended for the Killie game! Hopefully we will see the return of the Meekings / Warren partnership :smile:

Magennis and Smith suspended for Killie :smile::smile:

Inverness v Ross County team news (2/1/2016)

Inverness (from): OF Williams, Raven, Warren, Devine, Wedderburn, Tremarco, Tansey, D Williams, Draper, Horner, Polworth, Storey, Vincent, Mbuyi-Mutombo, Sho-Silva, Brown, Vigurs, Sutherland, Ferguson, Macrae, Lopez, Esson.

Defender Josh Meekings missed the Hamilton  game with a knee injury as did Aaron Doran, Richie Foran and Dean Brill, also with knee injuries. All indications point to them all being still unavailable for this fixture. Meekings might be back for the 9th. 

Devines suspension was incurred on the 26/12/2015. Coming into effect on the 9th January 2016.

I presume that if Draper reached the threshold with a booking against Hamilton then his suspension would not come into play until the next round of fixtures. 

Taken from an Stv article dated 14/2/2011. I have no idea if anything has changed in regards to this. 

"In order to receive a suspension for a succession of yellow cards in Scottish football, a player has to record 18 disciplinary points against their name on league business.

In most circumstances, a sixth yellow card of the campaign results in a minimum one match ban, which kicks in 14 days after the points total is breached.

Whilst most bookable offences carry an automatic three penalty points, the Scottish Football Association’s disciplinary rules also determine that certain yellow cards are punishable by a lesser tariff."

• Agree 1

Also it's not always 3 points for a booking. So a player on 15 points might be booked for deliberate hand ball or obstruction and only receive 2 points making him available for the next game. As soon as 18 points are reached tally resets to zero. However if a player has for example incurred 19 or 20 points they'll restart with the outstanding points over 18.

Two disciplinary points are added to a player's record upon receiving a yellow card for:

• deliberate handball
  • obstruction involving bodily contact

One disciplinary point is added to a player's record upon receiving a yellow card for:

• delaying the restart of play by failing to move the required distance back from the ball
  • entering or leaving the field without the referee’s permission
  • all other offences deemed by the referee to be unsporting behaviour

1 hour ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

Taken from an Stv article dated 14/2/2011. I have no idea if anything has changed in regards to this. 

"In order to receive a suspension for a succession of yellow cards in Scottish football, a player has to record 18 disciplinary points against their name on league business.

In most circumstances, a sixth yellow card of the campaign results in a minimum one match ban, which kicks in 14 days after the points total is breached.

Whilst most bookable offences carry an automatic three penalty points, the Scottish Football Association’s disciplinary rules also determine that certain yellow cards are punishable by a lesser tariff."

Thanks. I thought it was something like. Wouldn't it be an idea for the SFA to publish the ts & cs around discipline so that fans could at least try and understand what is going on? Or do they just revel in obfuscation and confusion. 

• Agree 1

On 30 December 2015 at 2:46 PM, Alex MacLeod said:

Sky Sports say knee injury

Looks like a more serious injury than first thought if the rumours are correct we may lose him for a couple of months 

2 hours ago, rocky1 said:

Looks like a more serious injury than first thought if the rumours are correct we may lose him for a couple of months 

That's not so good but Devine seems to be a bit stronger with Warren back in the team.

18 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Draper may well be suspended for Kilmarnock too. 

He shouldn't be. Not according to the last SFA suspension list even though according to every recent match report he's been booked in 2 (Aberdeen and Hamilton) 

But I'm trying to work out where Devines has come from that was listed. Because he's not been booked since before the celtic game seemingly. According to match reports. So any he had coming should surely have been served already if at all. 

Yet he's due a suspension from the 9th. A cup suspension perhaps?

Ooh the suspense! 

On 12/31/2015 at 7:28 PM, Sneckboy said:

Yeah, that's 6 for Draper now...but, according to Soccerbase, just 3 yellows for Raven (in the League).
But as rocky1 suggests, suspensions for cumulative bookings tend to take effect later than for red cards - so I think Draper will be available for the derby.

13 hours ago, Sneckboy said:

No, it states it's a league match he's suspended for. I still think they've got Draper and Devine mixed up!

Our own stats are accurate: http://caleythistleonline.com/team/squad.html/

• Raven - 7 yellows
  • Draper / Vigurs - 6
  • Devine - 5 

Click on the individual player name to see which matches they were booked in. 

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Our own stats are accurate: http://caleythistleonline.com/team/squad.html/

• Raven - 7 yellows
  • Draper / Vigurs - 6
  • Devine - 5 

Click on the individual player name to see which matches they were booked in. 

Just checked through the BBC match reports for league bookings, and according to them Devine is only on 5. Draper is on 6, but his 6th booking was Hamilton on the 30th, so shouldn't appear til this week's suspension list.

However, he isn't down as being booked against Aberdeen, and it looks like he was from the highlights. 

The only thing that is clear is that the whole thing is a confusing mess. 

• Agree 1

On 1/2/2016 at 0:57 PM, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Thanks. I thought it was something like. Wouldn't it be an idea for the SFA to publish the ts & cs around discipline so that fans could at least try and understand what is going on? Or do they just revel in obfuscation and confusion. 

Happy reading...... http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2014-15/Judicial%20Panel%20Protocol%202014-15.pdf

8 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Can't believe the nuts and bolts of discipline are so far into that document - a simple web page with the rules would be so much simpler.

But on reading that, the points for cautions has now gone, and 6 bookings in the league means a suspension.

This would suggest one of three things

1. Devine was booked v Aberdeen, but was mistaken for Draper - the early match reports stated that the penalty was given for handball against Draper

2. Both were booked, but the BBC journalist was too busy reading Rangers forums to notice Devines's booking.

3. It was Draper, not Devine booked and the SFA have fecked up.

2 would mean Draper also reached 6 cautions v Hamilton and would miss one game from 13th Jan - ruling him out of the Killie game. We should find out tomorrow when the latest suspensions are published.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic