Team News - Injuries and Suspensions etc

Council Juice

Seemingly Foran played in the reserve game the other day, along with Roberts and Lopez.  What's happened to Horner by the way?  There's been no word on his disappearance. 

Edited by Renegade

On 6 January 2016 at 8:05 AM, Renegade said:

Seemingly Foran played in the reserve game the other day, along with Roberts and Lopez.  What's happened to Horner by the way?  There's been no word on his disappearance. 

Hopefully Horners disappearance is permanent.

lopez, silva and Horners wages would allow a decent player to come in - possibly becoming our highest paid player 

• Disagree 4

I think you are being a tad harsh on young Horner.  He's come into the side in difficult circumstances and has done pretty well on the whole.  There is no reason why he can't develop into a good squad player.  He certainly doesn't lack for effort and that was rewarded with a late goal in his last game.  And he does have a better strike rate than Lopez!

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

I think you are being a tad harsh on young Horner.  He's come into the side in difficult circumstances and has done pretty well on the whole.  There is no reason why he can't develop into a good squad player.  He certainly doesn't lack for effort and that was rewarded with a late goal in his last game.  And he does have a better strike rate than Lopez!

That would not be difficult and I would concede he is better than Lopez ! 

Stirling Albion v Inverness CT. Team news 8/1/16

Tremarco serves his ban following his red card in last season's final, while manager John Hughes believes he could struggle to name five substitutes as he has concerns over Jordan Roberts (knock) and Josh Meekings (knee) as well as other unnamed players.

Long-term absentees Aaron Doran, Richie Foran and Dean Brill remain out with knee injuries while Tobi Sho-Silva has returned to Charlton following his loan spell.

Inverness (from): OF Williams, Raven, Warren, Devine, Wedderburn, Tansey, D Williams, Draper, Horner, Polworth, Storey, Vincent, Mbuyi-Mutombo, Brown, Vigurs, Sutherland, Ferguson, Roberts, Meekings, Macrae, Lopez, Esson.

Note: Devine is available though his league suspension is active from tomorrow. (9/1/16). There is no new suspensions listed on the new suspensions PDF from the SFA. Therefore Draper hasn't reached the threshold. His booking listed against Aberdeen on BBC must have solely been for Devine and the Beeb have it wrong. I presume.

To be fair to the Beeb, every media outlet has Draper on 6 yellows. That also includes the databases of Soccerway, Soccerbase etc and even the official SPFL match report from the Aberdeen game has Draper as being booked. The most trustworthy stats though, should come from this and the official ICTFC site - but, which also have Draper on 6!

Devine listed as being on 5 'everywhere'. Mistaken identity? Probably not, as he was seemingly booked for dissent, while Draper's was for a foul.

It appears that despite all reports from the Dons game that we had 3 players cautioned, it's likely that it was actually 4. There's also the possibility that Willie Collum forgot to include the Draper booking in his report...but, that's just speculation on my part!
A confusing mess!

Yeah a lot of smaller media outlets get their info from the Beeb and sky. And Beeb get it from opta. It wasn't a dig at the BBC as such. Just that a major main media outlet has only Draper as having been booked yet it's the booking Devine has accrued that see him banned.

There is the possibility that one of Drapers 6 bookings is for a lesser point offence such as obstruction of a free kick or a sporting conduct offence which would mean he's only on 17 points despite having 6 yellows.

The whole points system is nonsense as far as I'm concerned. A yellow is a yellow. It should count as the same. The only difference being with reds by where the offence has went over and beyond a standard ban.

Anyway. Draper is not suspended. I don't know why, but he's not. Once that changes I'll include it if needs be on the next game team news.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

There is the possibility that one of Drapers 6 bookings is for a lesser point offence such as obstruction of a free kick or a sporting conduct offence which would mean he's only on 17 points despite having 6 yellows.

The whole points system is nonsense as far as I'm concerned. A yellow is a yellow. It should count as the same. The only difference being with reds by where the offence has went over and beyond a standard ban.

Having read the document linked to by CaleyD above, the points thing has gone, and a league suspension is incurred after six yellow cards. So Draper must only have 5 booking as far as the SFA are concerned. I guess the Aberdeen caution must be spurious, but that is speculation. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Robert said:

Who was Yogi having a pop at with his comments this week?

The injured players. Thread here: http://caleythistleonline.com/topic/30199-risky-strategy/
He refused to deny he'd questioned the players' 'character' when specifically ask the 'loaded' question during interviews before/after the game yesterday, but obviously no names given.
Doran? Putting the weight on with little incentive to rush back - no Cup Final soon! Meekings? Remarkable coincidence if his Twitter retort wasn't referring to the just recently published quotes from Hughes' press conference. Foran? Lack of motivation to return after signing an improved 3-year-deal plus a youth-coaching brief, then virtually sitting-out the next two-years?
The consensus from the media pundits was that he's simply trying to get a reaction from the players, but that he's sometimes too 'honest' and shouldn't be 'washing our dirty linen in public'!
He's also clearly irked with David Raven for some reason. Like every other club, there will be dynamics in the dressing-room - players/management come-and-go. It won't always/ever be totally harmonious.
Every player states their new club is the most 'tight-knit, with the best bunch-of-guys, the happiest dressing-room etc" - it's just platitudes.
Shinnie claimed such after we won the cup - but, incredibly, a fortnight later, all of the above attributes were the preserve of Aberdeen!

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Inverness have new midfielders Liam Hughes and Ryan Williams in their squad.

Alex Fisher (ankle), Josh Meekings and James Vincent (both knee) remain out, as are long-term absentees Dean Brill and Aaron Doran (both knee)."

From BBC. 

Help--my writing/posting box has lost all headings so no spell checker, no emoticoms , nothing.
Can someone please help an old codger out of a deep hole ...."merci buckets".
How do I reset the message to type. to submit box headings?

Also, at the first access to the site a few moments ago, I was told that I could not give a reputation vote to Charlie Bannerman and another nice, new poster. Then it relented and the next time I tried it, it worked. ....?
GLITCHES needing a wee look, Scotty, perhaps?
What with one thing and another the old Pimple is bemused...OMG no smiley to be seen. Ha!?

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic