ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2015-10-31_10-49-52_AM.thumb.png.9dbeb1c
Tweets by @ICTFC

Edited by Scotty

It's just incredible that after a great run before the last international break, in the space of 15 days we can then lose timidly to 4 mediocre sides (Dundee, County, Kille, St J), with 3 of those games at home.   :sad:

• Disagree 1

Pleased with the effort and commitment with the lads especially without a striker but I thought at time we were playing it 'too safe' and then Raven got caught out. 

Massive game next week at Fir Park. 

I thought that was much improved..certainly compared to the last 3 games! Other than the pen and one or two other moments I thought the defence were better and fin Williams much better! 

From midfield to the two at the top it was a far better display! Vincent looked more comfortable and like himself for 70 mins in the centre, polworth had a better game, tansey looked himself playing the ball forward especially from such a deep position and it was also a good penalty! Vigurs also had some good passes although I think draper would have to play if fit! 

Then williams and Christie showed signs of wat they're capable of going forward. Williams with some great runs off the ball that only his first touch let him down on but certainly a threat! And Christie really put himself about and of course won the penalty! 

Big boost seeing warren back, foran took part in some parts of the warm up although that only told me really he's more involved with the coaches! Everyone else bar doran seemed to be walking about with no limps which hopefully means some players back in the next few weeks! 

By no means a totally dominant display or cause to get excited but certainly an improvement and hopefully we can keep it up! 

• Agree 3

Thought we were miles ahead of Dundee before the red card. For all their spending in the transfer market they actually look a worse team this season. Good to see the referee awarding us a ridiculously soft penalty to level things up after giving one to Dundee at the other end. Hard lines for Dave the Rave who was basically sent off for standing his ground when a ball came into the box. Some very weak officiating on display today. When Dundee appealed for a decision loud enough, they got it.

Good to see Warren back! Gaining some man points for returning from a broken leg faster than most players come back from a pulled muscle. Soccer Am should send 'hard man' expert Danny Dyer up to do a feature on him.

• Agree 2

Thought we were the better team in the first half - but that wasn't saying much. When Dundee scored and Raven went off I was expecting that to be that, but I was pleasantly surprised that we went looking to try and get something from the game rather than just limit the damage. 

Brining Sutherland on was a positive move, and it was great to see Warren back. We looked more solid at the back when he came on. The midfield looked better, but I'm not convinced that Vigurs is being used most effectively. Williams put in a decent shift as a makeshift forward and Christie had a good game. So while not something to get excited about, a good point in the circumstances, and definitely grounds for future optimism. 

I've also worked out the the SFA have decided to show me the entire range of incompetent officials on their books. Either that or there was a clown guising as a referee today. 

It's a great result given our current predicament. A boost to have Warren on the park and the point is most welcome, even if Dundee were gash. Ryan Christie was superb, trying to get involved in everything going forward. Sadly most of his team mates were a pass or two behind him. Polworth should have at least got it on target, but still, a point given the way it panned out is not the end of the world. They would have been better playing Nick Ross.

Great to see Warren back but hope that he is not pushed too early - I would prefer him to stay on the bench against Well. Nice to see McRae warming the bench but still can't understand why we didn't include another development player. I was going to give Raven pelters but it sounds like he may have been hard done by BUT he does make a habit of it. Let's hope this is the start of better things.

I thought that was a generally better performance and felt that there was a bit more positivity in the game plan.  Without ever creating much in the first 45, we at least looked as if we were trying to with a lot of possession in the opposition half.  Once Loy had tucked the penalty away early in the 2nd half I feared the worst as heads seemed to go down a bit and the crowd was beginning to get frustrated at the back passing and lack of urgency.

Then Tansey's equaliser from the spot seemed to lift both the team and the crowd and the 10 men played with a belief that they could go on and win the game.    Dundee also looked to exploit the numerical advantage. Garry Warren making a welcome and unexpected return off the bench, was given a stern test which he passed with flying colours. We ended up with quite an enjoyable game of football.

Part of the more positive approach was Tremarco taking on defenders down the left.  He was by no means particularly successful but it did draw defenders wide and created openings when he did get down the line.  Polworth was again effective when he pressed forward and I really would like to see him and Tansey get forward more.  Christie works his socks off but rarely gets a shot away or makes a telling pass.  He undoubtedly has talent but he needs more movement and support around him to realise his potential.

But despite an improved display, we still had too few attempts on goal.  We need to get forward quicker and we need to offer a bit more variety.  With only 3 league fixtures in November we may well be able to get 3 or 4 more players back before a busy December.  That would be a real boost and would provide a few more attacking options to support a more positive approach.

• Agree 2

Report published on Home page.

........Josh Meekings saw the headlines in the Courier as he burst into the box wide on the right side, but he blazed his shot high and not very handsomely into the North Stand. Well at least that's where I thought it ended up...............

It's just incredible that after a great run before the last international break, in the space of 15 days we can then lose timidly to 4 mediocre sides (Dundee, County, Kille, St J), with 3 of those games at home.   :sad:

don't think you noticed but we didn't lose to Dundee of the sides you term mediocre. I'd only call killie that. Wrong emoticon

Well if all the happy clappers have had their say,  I would attempt to bring them back to earth...

Not one attempt on goal.(on target)    

Tremarco lost the ball the two times he ventured foward.

Vigurs flattered to deceive.  His work rate is poor, we can't afford passengers in these difficult times.

Vincent was terrible today. Nothing came off for him, was he played out of position....again?

Polwarth was again way off the pace and missed a glorious chance to score when it would have been easier to hit the target.

Williams could not do anything right either, jeez he was shyte.

However, I would have taken a point before the game, so it's okay eh....   no Dundee were the worst team I've seen this season   by far the worst, so it seems a bit frustrating that we didn't take 3 points 

Wolwoth

• Disagree 1

Well if all the happy clappers have had their say,  I would attempt to bring them back to earth...

Not one attempt on goal.(on target)    

Tremarco lost the ball the two times he ventured foward.

He may have lost the ball a couple times but I thought he was generally looking for challenges and getting stuck in, can't fault him.

Vigurs flattered to deceive.  His work rate is poor, we can't afford passengers in these difficult times.

Harsh assessment on this one I'm afraid, if Vigurs was played in a higher and more attacking position he would be better utilised rather than playing in a deeper position.

Vincent was terrible today. Nothing came off for him, was he played out of position....again?

I didn't think he was that bad, had good control at times and made some good passes. I wouldn't say he was 'terrible'

Polwarth was again way off the pace and missed a glorious chance to score when it would have been easier to hit the target.

If life was that simple eh! I am 100% certain that he wanted to score, it's not like he missed on purpose. 

Williams could not do anything right either, jeez he was shyte.

I thought he ran his socks off and playing up front at times is very unatural and composed himself quite well. 

However, I would have taken a point before the game, so it's okay eh....   no Dundee were the worst team I've seen this season   by far the worst, so it seems a bit frustrating that we didn't take 3 points 

IMO, Aberdeen when they came up were far worse than Dundee were. 

To conclude, a point is good result given our latest form and we didn't have a natural striker in the team, give them some credit! 

• Agree 4

Scrappy draw against a poor Dundee side who weren't really in it until the Raven tackle (not a penalty) on Greg Stewart.

Good to see Gary Warren back but most surprising as he isn't back in full training yet. Ryan Christie and Danny Williams were our best performers but had too many poor touches in the final third. It should have been Vincent or Polworth who got hooked instead of Williams as they were pretty ineffective in the second half. Vigurs looked out of sorts again and I don't know what Nat Wedderburn has to do to even get a sub appearance.

Poor crowd too and I can see a further nose dive in attendances if we keep this up.  

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic