Dani Lopez

WYNESS101

5 hours ago, AlexJones said:

There is a precedent with Richie Hart's contract termination, but IIRC the club were excessively 'trigger happy' at that time, punting club legends left, right and centre as part of the Brewster project.

We didn't terminate Hart's contract at all! He was still playing for us more than 6 months after his cocaine conviction in November 2007 and only left when his contract expired at the end of the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/7079735.stm

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

And I can't think of what club legends were being punted left right and centre at that point either.

EDIT: Maybe Wilson and Wyness come to think of it.

I think Wyness was coming to the end of his time at this level.  I know he then went to St Mirren, but he'd been looking a bit past it for quite a while the last couple of seasons as well as suffering from quite a bad shoulder injury.  Wilson maybe had another season in him and could've been a decent player for us in the First Division, but he was coming to the end as well.  I don't really think McCaffrey or Bayne could be described as legends.  Good players yes, but not legends.

On the subject of Lopez, a lot of people seem to be picking up on the belief that it's first offence (should he be sacked).  We don't really know if that's true of course.  I'm sure there's been plenty of bust-ups and what not behind the scenes over the years that've never come to light.  Perhaps if the club do give him his jotters, it might be due to a culmination of things that we don't know about. 

"And she said..."No spitting in the toon,

Just get into that saloon and use the spittoon."

And, as she walked down the boardwalk , her bustle did spin.

She was an ample lass, definitely  not thin,

So she attracted the scruffy rancheros whose thirst had been slaked and their thoughts were on sin.

One rakish Espagnolo even had a beard, as he turned in her direction and ... leered.

As she evaded his clutches she kicked him hard and now he has crutches;  in response to which he hollered at her ...

"Come here, come here, you cuddly lass , at you I desire to make a pass" and the one thing I don't need right now  is a bit of your sass."

"Och" she cried ..."Under your saddle you've got a burr, but based on your low-life actions you are nothing but a cur."

"Not me." He sobbed. "I am but a peasant lad filled with passion and I've been out on the range and out of touch, but  truly for you I feel so much."

'All right, all right." She called out in regretful dismay. " I'll let you hold my hand  for 50 Pesos out of your pay.  But after that you must go away."

All right, my Caley Thistle friends, over to you to finish the story...............:crazy:

Being honest this is probably a convinient error by a player which will be used as a reason to rectify an error by the management and club signing and paying for a player who isnt up to standard and is appearing an expensive mistake. Whether we agree its morally or ethically correct to keep or get rid, football is business and perhaps the club look at it as a way to cut their losses and move on. Would this have happened if it was a star player like Christie, Warrent etc - probably not as they have market and club value, but sadly thats the unfair way business and life is.

• Agree 1

On 21 November 2015 09:56:52, bdu98196 said:

Being honest this is probably a convinient error by a player which will be used as a reason to rectify an error by the management and club signing and paying for a player who isnt up to standard and is appearing an expensive mistake. Whether we agree its morally or ethically correct to keep or get rid, football is business and perhaps the club look at it as a way to cut their losses and move on. Would this have happened if it was a star player like Christie, Warrent etc - probably not as they have market and club value, but sadly thats the unfair way business and life is.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter . Great opportunity for the club to terminate his contract and free up a wage .

Completely disagree with terminating his contract.... he should be fined a couple weeks wages and accept whatever punishment the SFA impose. We shouldn't be the type of club that uses it as an excuse to free up wages, that's really poor and I'd like to think we are better than that, the guy has a young family to look after.

Who knows.... this might give him the kick up the a*se he needs to start performing. I personally don't think he's a bad player, just lazy. if he doesn't perform he doesn't get a renewal at the end of the season, simples.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, ThorburnGolf said:

Completely disagree with terminating his contract.... he should be fined a couple weeks wages and accept whatever punishment the SFA impose. We shouldn't be the type of club that uses it as an excuse to free up wages, that's really poor and I'd like to think we are better than that, the guy has a young family to look after.

Who knows.... this might give him the kick up the a*se he needs to start performing. I personally don't think he's a bad player, just lazy. if he doesn't perform he doesn't get a renewal at the end of the season, simples.

I have reflected on this. My initial reaction was that spitting on an opponent is disgusting and unacceptable and that we should part company with him even if that meant paying up his contract.

However, on more mature reflection, I agree with you. What is alleged is still utterly unacceptable but we all make mistakes and we all do things we later regret.He is a young man and deserves a second chance. I am now for a club fine and a final warning. I wholly agree that we should not use this incident as a pretext to get rid of a player who has under performed so far.

Lopez must first have a fair hearing Then the club cam make their decision.

I remember seeing a movie long ago named "Waterloo."  A corporal  was caught in the act of  stealing a pig from a peasant in France which, in these times of war, was a capital offence. 

When Christopher Plummer, playing the British general, Wellington, rode up on his hoss and asked what all the fuss was about, he demanded that the Corporal  explain his action. The corporal replied.. "Deeply sorry, sir, it was an impetuous act, instantly regretted."

Wellington, always a brutal realist and knowing that  he needed every experienced man in the ranks,  paused for a minute and ordered. "Subaltern, promote that man to Sergeant... he knows how to get out of a tricky situation!" :crazy:

Maybe Senor Lopez should  reply at his hearing. "I suffer from asthma, Senors, and I was choking and needed to make this play to save my life. It was an act of impetuosity, instantly regretted and I am black affronted not to mention deeply ashamed. ............."

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, ThorburnGolf said:

Agree with you up to the point where you said he was lazy :lol:

The games I've seen, he's been trying all right, but he's just not good enough. Maybe if the premiership came down to the pace he's obviously used to in the Spanish 3rd tier, he'd be an absolute star.....

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Agree with you up to the point where you said he was lazy :lol:

The games I've seen, he's been trying all right, but he's just not good enough. Maybe if the premiership came down to the pace he's obviously used to in the Spanish 3rd tier, he'd be an absolute star.....

Haha.... yeah I think I'm maybe substituting slow with lazy..... for me he looks like he could do with bulking down a little bit!

Personally from what I've seen he has a fantastic touch on him he just, I don't know, he just doesn't seem to quite slot in.... I still feel him and Storey if given a bit of time together could be a very good partnership as Storey really lacks someone up alongside him.

1 hour ago, ThorburnGolf said:

Haha.... yeah I think I'm maybe substituting slow with lazy..... for me he looks like he could do with bulking down a little bit!

Personally from what I've seen he has a fantastic touch on him he just, I don't know, he just doesn't seem to quite slot in.... I still feel him and Storey if given a bit of time together could be a very good partnership as Storey really lacks someone up alongside him.

Yes he's got something going for him..... I've sometimes felt that mentally he seems to be on the same wavelength as Ryan Christie, but unfortunately his body isn't :lol:

Todays Courier. http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Caley-Thistle-squad-rally-behind-Dani-Lopez-amid-claims-he-was-punched-24112015.htm  I'm inclined to think that, assuming he was provoked, and I don't condone spitting, perhaps his suspension and a club fine, along with a public apology from Dani should be enough punishment.

As to his qualities, I haven't seen him play other than on TV but wonder if he's just struggling with the pace of Scottish game and the fact he's not had a lot of game time, either at ICT or his loan spells south of border. I seem to remember Juanjo struggling when he came first and he had had some experience with Hearts.

I'd like to see the club sort things out quickly and, with players coming back from injury, get back to the happy dressing room.

• Agree 2

On 24/11/2015, 10:21:47, ThorburnGolf said:

I still feel him and Storey if given a bit of time together could be a very good partnership as Storey really lacks someone up alongside him.

Might not be a problem as Storey as yet isnt commited to being here beyond Jan, so if Dani does get a reprive and stays then he may get plenty opportunities to repay that faith and make ammends for the mistake.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Might not be a problem as Storey as yet isnt commited to being here beyond Jan, so if Dani does get a reprive and stays then he may get plenty opportunities to repay that faith and make ammends for the mistake.

I believe we did the right thing in giving Dani a second chance but the prospect of him being our main striking option after January is not a happy one..

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I believe we did the right thing in giving Dani a second chance but the prospect of him being our main striking option after January is not a happy one..

T'was intended as a  multipost incorporating that of bdu196's but another senior moment has struck!!!!!

Dani,

according to Greg Tansey he is very much part of the dressing room and all are behind him accepting that the latin temperament differs from ours and it was , by the sounds of it, a Jerk reaction. This leads me to think that Dani is seen as a useful addition to the squad by his Peers which in turn leads me to believe that he has not as yet grasped the whole Hughes system but is slowly (unfortunately) getting there. When up to speed we may well see him in a different light. He is agile, aware, and has the ability to put the ball in the back of the net as well as assist. Don't write him off just yet!

On 11/24/2015, 12:11:52, Alex MacLeod said:

Todays Courier. http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Caley-Thistle-squad-rally-behind-Dani-Lopez-amid-claims-he-was-punched-24112015.htm  I'm inclined to think that, assuming he was provoked, and I don't condone spitting, perhaps his suspension and a club fine, along with a public apology from Dani should be enough punishment.

As to his qualities, I haven't seen him play other than on TV but wonder if he's just struggling with the pace of Scottish game and the fact he's not had a lot of game time, either at ICT or his loan spells south of border. I seem to remember Juanjo struggling when he came first and he had had some experience with Hearts.

I'd like to see the club sort things out quickly and, with players coming back from injury, get back to the happy dressing room.

Did those concerned read my post http://www.ictfc.com/news/team-news/1664-dani-lopez-update

Correct outcome methinks. Time to draw line and move on

• Agree 2

As has once been said before on this Forum...."A person deserves a second chance. "

Good to move on. When you move to another country at times it can be overwhelming and adjustments need to be made.

Hopefully the club can get the best out of Dani and this incident fades into the background of the canvas of his life.

• 1 month later...

Harsh words Renegade. The man did his best, but it just didn't work out. He never regained his place after a faltering start where he was clearly not match fit. I feel he's been scapegoated somewhat for the teams collective poor start to the season. Sad news for him and his young family having uprooted themselves from Spain to move here. As the pundits would say 'there's definitely a player in there somewhere.' We saw flashes of it, but sadly not enough. I was hoping to see him get another run out at some point at TCS to redeem himself, but sadly it never materialised. Hope he gives us a decent reference and his experience doesn't deter other prospective Spanish signings. He'll always have his 2 Europa appearances and goal at Celtic Park to look back on.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

He just wasn't good enough, IMO. So much for the Aldershot fans saying he was 'too good' for Scottish football!
We should have got rid of him after the spitting incident, and made a real statement. Glad he's gone, as I am with Sho-Silva.