Hearts Away

ForanFan

23 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Is there genuine talk about the bridge situation causing a cancellation?

No that was just me spreading panic :lol:

i was worried in case the team didn't get there. I was at a junior game in Fife the other week which started 45 mins late because half the away team were stuck in cars on the bridge.....

Well you can't really escape the fact that it was the weather that caused the cancellation. It was just bad luck that I can kiss my train fare away. What infuriates me is games that are changed at a later stage to accommodate TV. The other is the Tynecastle scenario. If there was a concern that there would be too many away fans tuning up on the day then there is no issue. But somebody explain the rationale for having to buy away tickets for  Tynie and the Old Filth. And then there is the embarrassment of the very late communication from the club and punters not receiving their tickets on time.

I believe Hearts changed their reason and blamed some communication breackdown. Originally announced as waterlogged pitch, but changed that on twitter to High winds.

Heart of Midlothian@JamTarts 4 hours ago

Clarification (because social media monkey got his wired crossed!): Game off due to gale force winds, not waterlogged pitch.

What an all round pain in the ass. I've been down here since Thursday having been caught up in queues to the FRB that afternoon before it was closed. Now face quite a different trip back via Stirling tomorrow morning. Also, given the fact I had to buy my tickets before I left and before the cash gate announcement I shall be taking them back to the TCS on Monday to ask for a full refund.

Our players still had to travel down to Edinburgh today as they are heading off to Dublin tonight for their Christmas bash. Those not in the squad were having to make their way down by train (changed to bus) with flooding at Kingussie). Hopefully they won't have another slump in performance next Saturday after another week off.

11 hours ago, Gringo said:

And herein lies an example as to why its ridiculous to buy tickets in advance for a league match. 

Whilst I kinda agree with you, it's not always a straight forward decision.

The situation with Hearts at the moment is that they are selling out just about every game and as a result they are giving visiting clubs minimum allocation (understandable if you can sell more to your own fans).  If they simply put those tickets on sale on a match day then you run the risk of people travelling and then not being able to get a ticket....which leads to unhappy people outside stadiums (understandably having gone to the hassle/cost of travelling) and possibly some who would be intent on causing trouble.

Historically we take a lot of fans to this fixture (500/600+), especially when it falls at this time of year and the allocation wasn't much greater than that.

There's also a risk that with the home end selling out, if they just do pay on the day then you end up with the away end being full of home fans desperate to see their team....again, generating risks of unrest.

It's a nuisance for those who like to decide on a whim, or may not know if they can attend until nearer the time...it's an even bigger nuisance when games get called off...but not much alternative under the circumstances.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

But somebody explain the rationale for having to buy away tickets for  Tynie and the Old Filth

As CaleyD says, Hearts are selling out most home games at the moment and they want to avoid the opportunity for home fans to buy tickets for the away end. How peed off would you be if you turned up on the day and couldn't get in because Hearts fans had gone in our end? If one part is all ticket then it all has to be. 

Its the same rationale that the erse cheeks use, but they don't seem to be selling out each week at the moment. But if they were to change their policy now it would draw attention to the fact that they weren't playing in front of such massive crowds, and I don't think their egos would allow that. 

19 hours ago, TopSix said:

Out tickets finally arrived today. ICTChris had to pay £2 to Royal Mail for them because there was no postage on the envelope. 

So did I - had to go and pick them up too, yesterday. Mrs Mantis almost let them go because she thought it would just be a xmas card with no stamp on.