Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
565ae463a2378_2015-11-296-40-05AM.png.52
Tweets by @ICTFC

good overall performance from ICTFC. Thought Collum had a reasonable game too .... until that crap at the end. We were going for it to try and get an equaliser and the bizarre award of the handled ball as a Devine OG just killed any chance .... 

I blame Andy Murray.  Dunblane 3-1 Belgium.

As said, we might have deserved a point as we matched Celtic in most areas, but the final product. Sloppy goal to lose at the end killed it for us. Better performance though and we should be a match for anyone else in the league.

• Agree 1

Thought we outplayed Celtic for long spells in the game but didn't get the breaks in front of goal. We were also on the end of some dodgy decisions, in particular Story being wrongly flagged for offside when clean through on the keeper. Good performances all round. Polworth continues to impress. Meekings did pretty well at right back, can see him having a wee run there. Vincent looks back to form.

Celtic were rubbish bar an outstanding opener from McGregor. I reckon even the Barnes era Celtic team would drub this one. Definitely going backwards under Delia and Collins. Usually anything you take from them is a bonus, not anymore.

One minor complaint. How much had the matchday sponsor had to drink when they picked their MOTM? :shrug02:  

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Thought we were pretty good after the first 15 minutes up until half time. Tansey had a good game I thought. Not sure why Yogi looked so happy at full-time..... a lot to work on!

Afraid Yogi showed a real lack of professionalism at full time, the way he greeted the opposition and particularly John Collins any neutral would have thought they were celebrating a win for the same team

Think it's time a one of his employers maybe had a wee word in his ear regarding his Celtic love interest as if it continues he could find himself ostracised

Performance was ok I guess but bearing in mind this is the worst Celtic team since the early nineties I agree there is a hell of a lot to work on

Dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Thought we more than deserved being level first half...we were the better side. But the second half was a different story..sat back and hoped to play on the counter which I couldn't see working! 

I think that we, and other teams, have a good chance of beating this Celtic team when we play on the front foot which was proved in both the semi final and again first half today! But teams fear Celtic more than needed which gives them the initiative! 

In the end I think Celtic probably deserved the win but I left slightly less disappointed as the players proved what they can do when they look to be the forward team! 

On to next week and hopefully a good 90 min performance and 3 points! 

2 hours ago, DEANO96 said:

That was frustrating. The first two Celtic goals were down to poor defending - McGregor was allowed to run for too long, and the cross for the second should have closed down. Would need to see the third again as it was impossible to tell from the other end of the ground what had happened. 

Positives were that we created some decent chances, and I thought we started the second half well - Draper should have done better with the free header he had. Negatives were that we showed Celtic too much respect, we are still trying to play too much football in our own defensive third, and too many times players turned back rather than going forwards and found themselves closed down and having to play a rushed pass towards our own goal. There still isn't enough movement ahead of the ball, and Storey ends up wide with no one in the middle too often. 

As has been said elsewhere on this thread, the disappointing thing is that this Celtic team aren't very good, but too many teams show them too much respect. 

As for Collum, can't comment on the third goal yet, but while he didn't make any other controversial decisions, every marginal decision went Celtic's way. Nothing you could take much issue with on their own, but when taken as a whole showed him up for what he is.

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu
  • Disagree 1

Poor defending for all 3 goals, Devine backed of far to much at first, cross not stopped at second and no on tight on Griffiths and 3rd was Keystone Cops defending.

Like others thought we did ok initially but showed them to much respect, that's a poor Celtic team and we should have been more than capable of at least a draw.

Meh. Went pretty much how a lot of folk thought it would do. Fair amount of possession for Inverness without really creating too much. Despite matching Celtic for long periods I always had a feeling that if they wanted to they could kick on and go up a couple of gears. I think we saw that when they ruthlessly exploited the space left by Tansey when he tried to chase down the ball but Celtic quickly moved the ball onto team mates then out wide before the lovely ball in for Griffiths to make it 2 - 1. Farce of a third goal. Probably was a handball but doesn't disguise the fact that the defending was horrendous. Disappointing defensively from us for the opener. McGregor must have been allowed to run for about 30 yards with no challenge. At least Storey continued his fine form with another goal. I love this kid. Really hope we can get him signed up but his form means that others will likely be sniffing around soon enough. I thought Polworth performed well for us. He's probably been our form player over the last few weeks.

Disappointing also to see us persist with the tippy tappy pish at the back again. We seem to play ourselves into real danger at least once every week with this. Celtic were wise to this and typically had about four players pushed right up on our defenders at goal kicks including the two full backs near the touchline (who seem to provide our only real width in games these days. We are so narrow it beggars belief). Griffiths in particular was excellent at getting between either Warren or Devine and Fon Williams cutting off the simple pass back to the keeper from the CB and forcing them to go long and lose possession or try and force it wide to the full back who were marked tightly as well. We need to adapt to teams who do this to us.

Also, Vigurs sponsors MotM? :laugh:

Edited by RiG

I thought overall we performed ok , Storey did a good job and we can see his pace being a tool for us to use but the support getting up with him is too slow. Vigurs and Polworth gave the ball away too often and were too many time caught in possession but considering the contribution their replacements made they were the better option. I will give Mutumbo and Silva the benefit of just being back from injuries but for 2 players we have seen little off this season they did nothing to impress.

Celtic look a poor team and we should have taken more from them if it wasnt for bad defending. We need to start doing more in the final thrid and providing greater support to Storey.

Looking around yesterday and all the mdeia focus, we could do worse than ask Celtic about Stokes on loan in Jan. We only have Storey and I doubt Ryan will be back heres a player who might grab at the chance to prove Ronnie wrong and win a move elsewhere next season - plus Yogi knows him and how to get the best out of him.

We tried to bring Stokes in when we sold Christie but his wage demands were extortionate, which they would continue to be even if he was released.  Can't see him turning out for us anytime soon to be honest.

Edited by Renegade

I wasnt aware we had tried before as part of the Ryan deal, maybe now Celtic may be keener to get rid especially if he is starting to disrupt the dressing room? Pay him to sit there or part pay him and have him out of the picture? Although I do agree its unlikely especially given the player doesnt seem keen on the local climate lol

27 minutes ago, Renegade said:

We tried to bring Stokes in when we sold Christie but his wage demands were extortionate, which they continue to be even if he was released.  Can't see him turning out for us anytime soon to be honest.

Couldnt have happened anyway as against the rules to have 2 players on loan from same Scottish club at same time.

Well, firstly i'm well pissed off hearing Yogi's comments in the press..  ' We need to be sharper and more clinical in the final third'   Doh!

That must be the first line in his quotes for the press after most games this season!   yet he starts with a 4 5 1 set up, with Storey looking so remote on his own up front.

The stunningly poor goal rate from our midfield is a worry, take Ryan out of the picture and our midfield have scored 2 goals from open play this season!  Shocking, i wonder if this slow,pedantic build up is the reason, as it is the midfield have no pace players to help Storey up front or to get wide and behind opposition defenders.

Next observation, Meekings is a far better central defender than Devine, Our best defensive partnership was Meekings and Warren, lets get that back.

All the goals yesterday should have been defended better, when Mcgregor ran forward with the ball, Devine reversed just about as quickly and gave the young lad all the room in the world to score, poor defending.

Meekings should have done better for the second and Devine was ball watching, and for the third... well just a joke.

We are shipping far too many goals due to shyte defending, get Devine off, put either Raven or Horner at RB, And our best defence back in there.

Caley 100 I agree with most of what you said though I don't blame Devine for the first goal. He was back pedalling because if he had gone in to mcgregor there was a player wide open on devines  left. Danny Willian's should have been helping him but was far too far up the pitch he was left totally exposed imho 

• Scotty unpinned and unfeatured this topic