Team for Jambos

WYNESS101

I think we need Williams further up the pitch, he has the pace to support Storey and go past players, too often at LB he stops and then Vigurs never pushes far enough on. We no longer overlap from the wingbacks this season but I dont know why?

Fon Williams

Raven Meekings Warren Tremarco

Draper Tansey

Polworth Vincent Williams

Storey

On 30/11/2015, 12:25:22, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

More feckin like "Tickets fer the Jambos" - do I have to order online or pay on the day ?

Where are we having the Xmas party ?

I've managed to get them online, using Away Allocation instead of Best Available, although was also on the phone and they said you can pay there?

Fon Williams

Raven Meekings Warren Tremarco

Polworth Draper Tansey Williams

Sho Silva

Storey

My first away game since Dingwall and only the second since Guirgui. The Caley Sample Room for pre-match drinks anyone? 

Edited by Row S

Fon williams

raven.  Warren. Meekings williams

.                    Tansey

.  Polworth.   Draper.    Vincent 

Storey.   Sho-silva  

subs: esson, Horner, mutumbo, vigurs, tremarco, Devine, Sutherland.

would sooner see Sutherland on bench that Lopez! Draper and tansey could swap in rolls I'd have them in...just think it suits tansey to sit deep and spread the ball whilst draper likes to get forward and can always take a chance by making a target of himself for crosses! 

But has Raven lost his place ? It would not surprise me if we stick to the back 5 as per Cellic. I have alluded to the Tansey / Draper dilemma before. I still feel that they do not compliment each other. They are both more suited to playing deeper IMHO and can cancel each other out at times. Neither looks as effective when pushed forward. Pol worth and Vincent are in there now on merit. Storey up front but I am still not sure who partners. Hi Ho Silver gets the nod but I would not play that two and Mutumbo together at any time.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

But has Raven lost his place ? It would not surprise me if we stick to the back 5 as per Cellic. I have alluded to the Tansey / Draper dilemma before. I still feel that they do not compliment each other. They are both more suited to playing deeper IMHO and can cancel each other out at times. Neither looks as effective when pushed forward. Pol worth and Vincent are in there now on merit. Storey up front but I am still not sure who partners. Hi Ho Silver gets the nod but I would not play that two and Mutumbo together at any time.

Would have to disagree about the tansey/draper partnership...they were after all the centre of our most successful team! 

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

It wasn't a back 5 v Celtic. Meekings was playing right back. 

I think I would 'rest' Devine, and play either Raven or Horner at RB. Might even put Tremarco at LB (or is injured, given he wasn't on the bench and we only had six subs?).   That would allow Williams to play in midfield and add some width. 

Silva to partner Storey would be desirable too. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Fon Williams

Meekings         Warren          Devine

Raven                                                          Williams

Draper               Tansey

Polworth                                                       Vincent

Storey

My feeling would be playing wing backs would allow Polworth and Vincent a bit more freedom to support Storey as Tansey and Draper can also cover. Storey desperately needs support up there and this is the system I would play.

^ Pointless playing that formation if its to give Storey support as we constantly see Polworth and Vincent fail to get forward into the box and tend to pass back or across, the only player other than Ryan (who is now gone) is Williams and we dont play overlapping wing backs. If Storey is to be supported then Williams has to be played further forward.

2 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

put Tremarco at LB.   That would allow Williams to play in midfield and add some width.