January transfer window.

Guest Shaun

I would not rely on fireworks from Ritchie after he comes back . A bad injury to the knee like that takes a long time to heal and it willpossibly....(depending on what was done in the operation of course) never be quite the same again. So...it will still  take time for him to totally relax.

Transfer window opens tomorrow, how worried should we be?

Will The Dons be sniffing about or the Rangers ?? I see these two teams as the main threat for pre contract signings or will it be a quiet window with "just looking" signs up waiting to pounce at the end of the season..

First things first lets start the year with a win tomorrow.

Wishing all at ICT and fans world wide the very best for 2016, May Good Fortune come your way.

• Agree 3

If we can get Ross Draper, Josh Meekings Liam Polworth, Miles Storey, Grey Tansey signed up on longer deals, adding a striker to support Storey and a natural left back then I would say that would be a successful Jan transfer window. 

Offloading Lopez and Mutombo would also be an added bonus.

• Agree 3

Bit harsh listing Vigurs and Wedderburn amongst the list of underachievers. 

Wedderburn has been in and out the team. He's still adjusting to the level as well. Jury is out. 

Vigurs hasn't been fully fit but he signed for us late on. He's not been on the top of his game but has still played his part in getting a few results. I feel that he'll be an important player in the 2nd half of the season and earn a new deal.

Silva has done nothing aside from simulation against Hearts. End the loan. 

Mutumbo looks good when he's got the ball and running full pelt but his final ball, be it pass, cross or shot is at times diabolical. It's not surprising that he has such a poor career goal record. He might improve. Worth keeping until the end of the season maybe. 

Lopez can leave. Sooner the better. Not cut out for the SPL. What's Dani Sanchez up to these days? 

Roberts... Well he looked good in pre season. But he's no use sitting in the treatment room. Hopefully he can get fit and show us all what earned him a deal in the summer.   

Keeping Storey in some capacity should be top priority. 

If we can get rid of Lopez and Silva. Even Mutumbo. Then a new front man would be the priority. I'd be wary about signing a winger permanently with both Doran and Roberts to return. Might find ourselves overloaded. 

gOn ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 0:23 PM, iamthecaptain1 said:

Bit harsh listing Vigurs and Wedderburn amongst the list of underachievers. 

Wedderburn has been in and out the team. He's still adjusting to the level as well. Jury is out. 

Vigurs hasn't been fully fit but he signed for us late on. He's not been on the top of his game but has still played his part in getting a few results. I feel that he'll be an important player in the 2nd half of the season and earn a new deal.

Silva has done nothing aside from simulation against Hearts. End the loan. 

Mutumbo looks good when he's got the ball and running full pelt but his final ball, be it pass, cross or shot is at times diabolical. It's not surprising that he has such a poor career goal record. He might improve. Worth keeping until the end of the season maybe. 

Lopez can leave. Sooner the better. Not cut out for the SPL. What's Dani Sanchez up to these days? 

Roberts... Well he looked good in pre season. But he's no use sitting in the treatment room. Hopefully he can get fit and show us all what earned him a deal in the summer.   

Keeping Storey in some capacity should be top priority. 

If we can get rid of Lopez and Silva. Even Mutumbo. Then a new front man would be the priority. I'd be wary about signing a winger permanently with both Doran and Roberts to return. Might find ourselves overloaded. 

If Roberts is fit and Doran perhaps in the wings(?) I agree that we should terminate loans for Mutombo and Sho Silva. Lopez will be tougher to shift: Contract terminated by mutual consent would be good. That might free up a little cash to bolster the squad, but I fear that we might lose some of the higher earners too. Dave the Rave for example.....hope not!

2 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

If Roberts is fit and Doran perhaps in the wings(?) I agree that we should terminate loans for Mutombo and Sho Silva. Lopez will be tougher to shift: Contract terminated by mutual consent would be good. That might free up a little cash to bolster the squad, but I fear that we might lose some of the higher earners too. Dave the Rave for example.....hope not!

I don't think Mutombo is on loan. And you do realise that terminate by mutual consent means that both parties have to agree? May well mean having to pay up Lopez's contract. 

• Agree 1

I see Ronaldinho is desperately trying to have one last rendezvous in football with his agent attempting to flog him to clubs in Australia.  Christ knows what his wage demands would be, but I reckon we should offer him a deal.......you know, just for the lols and that!  

Imagine the worldwide press coverage!  This'd be the most bizarre football story since Carlos Teves was linked with Limavady! 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

I don't think Mutombo is on loan. And you do realise that terminate by mutual consent means that both parties have to agree? May well mean having to pay up Lopez's contract. 

Yes, I get the mutual consent bit - hence the "harder to shift". If we have to pay him off, we may as well keep him here. That's right about Mutombo - I had forgotten that he's here until the end of the season. That doesn't leave much room for manoeuvre.

If it is true that Eddie Ofere is without a club again, having, apparently just left Boluspor, I wonder if his agent will be in touch with ICT.  His wage demands should now be well below what he wanted at the end of last season, following a fairly dismal half season in Turkey (only 2 goals).  Despite this, I wouldn't mind seeing him back with us for the rest of the season, on our terms of course. I think a combination of Ofere and Storey could be extremely effective.

On 4 January 2016 at 2:42 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

He wouldn't get a game fer Spean Bridge !!

Here is a name that is hitting the ICT radar though - been round the block but a goalscorer - Kristian Dennis

We dont even have a team in spean bridge

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

If it is true that Eddie Ofere is without a club again, having, apparently just left Boluspor, I wonder if his agent will be in touch with ICT.  His wage demands should now be well below what he wanted at the end of last season, following a fairly dismal half season in Turkey (only 2 goals).  Despite this, I wouldn't mind seeing him back with us for the rest of the season, on our terms of course. I think a combination of Ofere and Storey could be extremely effective.

Agreed but hes a mercenary and will always go where the money is (which I have no problem with), but his history doesnt suggest that he carries sentiment towards a club so if we went after him even with the success of last year I think he'd still go elsewhere - perhaps another SPFL club if there were a few more coins in the pot. But i agree if we could shift a few duds out he'd be a great addition along side Storey for the 2nd part of the season. 

3 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Agreed but hes a mercenary and will always go where the money is

which is why I can see Dundee Utd being interested, he's the kind of hired gun a team in their desperate situation might try to bring in on a short term deal.

Played for 10 clubs in 4 different countries, and still only 25! Can you be labelled a journeyman at that age? Scored goals wherever he's been which is encouraging, although I'm not sure how high a level some of these clubs were playing at.

Must admit, I'm not keen on the calls to bring back Ofere. He was a great striker for us undoubtedly however I'm not sure he'd fit in with Storey etc.  I think the players we need to properly replace is Marley Watkins and Graeme Shinnie as we failed to do so in the last transfer window

• Agree 1

Also interesting to note that the article says Hughes is keen to sign Abdul Osman from Partick in the summer when his contract expires.  Always thought he was one of Gretna's better players when they were in the SPL.

Edited by Renegade

5 hours ago, PerthICT said:

Not a single quote in that article suggests we are making a move. You've got to love journalists some times.