January transfer window.

Guest Shaun

37 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Let's not forget that we mainly deal in the "out of contract" or "free" market so the window isn't that important as far as new signings are concerned. It's more a period when we have to hope that we don't lose any of our decent players.

Players without a contract at this stage of the season are generally on a free for a reason, and it's not a positive one.  

It's not a period to hope that we don't lose anyone. What an odd way to look at it.  We should have long tied up the forward that Yogi and everyone else has been saying we desperately need.

29 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

I'm not sure how anyone can see £200k for a player who when you watch him has possibly the best passing range in the league is good business. At 27 and 18 months left on a contract it's hugely under value. The accuracy and way he can ping account ball about is a skill missing too much in the Scottish game, add to that his free kick and long range shooting in tight games and unshakeable nerve show by his excellent penalty record even in huge games. He's a valuable member of our team and I think the board will regret that clause. 

a few points to consider .....

1. Caley Thistle have never (to my knowledge) put a release clause into any contract. Why would a club do that? This is usually the player or their agent. Long gone are the days when the clubs could put a contract down and a player would sign it regardless. there are TWO sides to a signed contract and its not always the club making the demands. 

2. If the release clause amount is met there is little ICT can do about it and little chance of getting anything back as a sweetener (eg. the suggestions about Goodwillie). Aberdeen dont need to offer us anything, just meet the release clause amount.

3. As Yngwie mentions, the terms of payment may be the only stumbling block and where the club might have some power. If Aberdeen want to pay it out over a protracted period of time we might be able to stall, or kibosh the deal as it is likely we could demand a single up front payment.  

• Agree 1

Guest ImmortalSquid
On 30/01/2016 at 8:52 PM, Robert said:

Is there any limit on the amount of loanees a club can have because we have Storey and Rhys Williams on loan with possibly Barry Robson/David Goodwillie on loan being part of Tansey deal so that would mean Hughes and/of Zapata would have to be signings rather than loans, unless there are no limits on the number of loans available.

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

A week ago on the "Player of the season to date" topic, you said:

Just saying.....!

Just because he wasn't at his best at the beginning of the season does not undermine his importance to the team. Funnily enough our worst run of form coincided with his worst run of form. Don't see in any way how that is relevant, just because I don't think he was at his best at the start of the season doesn't mean I don't rate him. If anything it shows how high a standard the player has set himself at. 

Michael Higdon? Very tidy goalscoring ratio for Motherwell. Good partner for Storey with height/presence in box. Played under Yogi at Falkirk. Released by Sheffield Utd. 

Edited by cif73
  • Agree 1

Guest ImmortalSquid

We still need a striker in so do we expect Goodwillie to still come in on loan or possibly Victor Zapata to join?

What is happening with Liam Hughes, its gone very quiet regarding him?

On 1/28/2016 at 2:41 PM, RossP said:

Two ICT u20 players are going out on loan to Fort William apparently, thanks to Duncan Shearer wanting to help out his old club. Not sure who they are though. 

Rumours that Ali Sutherland is going to go on loan at Elgin City as well. 

Pardon me for being a bit pedantic Ross but FWFC was never Duncan Shearers club. FWFC were founded in 72 but didn't get involved in any league system, North Caledonian FL, until 83. DS played his early football at Lochaber High. He also played shinty at that time. He didnt actually got into senior football till he joined Clach at 20. Shearer family stayed round corner from us in Caol. I didn't really know Duncs as he was about five years younger than me though I knew his older brother Davie who also started his career at Clach.

Guest ImmortalSquid

I fear that Greg is off with Goodwillie coming in plus, rebelwithoutaclue, I can't see that confirmed anywhere but do believe it's happened.

A striker is a MUST, be it Goodwillie or someone else.

Guest ImmortalSquid
Just now, jagster said:

Does anyone know what time transfer window closes for us Hopefully when it does we will be no worse off

Midnight.