Inverness CT -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

Not Horner's finest performance today but in fairness to the lad he kept plugging away and looking for the ball even with the crowd on his back. I still think he's a valuable squad / utility player but probably not our best right back. We're going through a wobbly spell at the moment. Scraping a jammy draw at home against a team 8 points adrift at the bottom of the table is not acceptable. It's relegation form. We need our experienced heads to steady the ship. Dave the Rave should start next week.

Yogi's tactics are becoming too obvious. Every team in the league is pressing high against us and winning turnovers of possession in dangerous areas yet we're still getting into trouble with hospital passes along the backline every single week. I get the impression the players are even doing exactly the same drills in training day in day out. Our play is so stale. You can see the lads virtually on autopilot at times. Making the same passes, the same runs and sadly the same mistakes! The boos ringing out at half time had nothing to do with the work rate or attitude of the players and everything to do with the tactics. Nothing ever changes. We even make the same substitutions at the same times every week. Mutombo on for the last 15 minutes when the game is stretched, even though he has no pace, no assists and no goals. As it happens he had a pretty good game today. But we really need to mix things up a bit and give some of the other lads on the bench a chance. A few weeks back the lads came out rallying around Lopez after the whole suspension issue. You'd think the guy would be desperate to get out there and redeem himself for his teammates. He's been sitting on the bench for weeks, patiently waiting for a chance to get out there and prove a point. Yet Yogi won't even give the guy a 5 minute run-out. What's going on? 

I could understand not wanting to interfere with the team during a winning run, but at this moment in time our form is dreadful.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 2

On the SPL webpage the quote is that JH knew Horner in the past and states...."good kid who  has patiently waited a long time for his chance...".

Fair enough,  but.... one swallow may not make a summer .Consistency and development needed perhaps and time will tell. Apparently, took his goal well, though, so,,,, ?

3 hours ago, bishbashbosh said:

I noticed when at the grass mound near the road that our rucksack was open. we found a packet of crisps but too dark to see any more.

just checked and grandsons scarf and hat are missing.

can I collect please

thanks for picking up

You can contact me on 01463235121

Disappointed with the team performance today, thought Horner had a shocker of a game and should have been hooked at half time, Mutombo did nothing to help the team when he came on and what's the point of bringing on Sho-Silva with 2 minutes to full time?  After all that I was happy with a point at the end although it was not enough to redeem Horner for me, I hope Raven starts next week!  Seen Meekings, Roberts, Brill and Horner in Millburn Takeaway tonight but kept quite as they are all much bigger than me :blush:

• Agree 1

Everyone in the stadium could see that we were being completely rogered down the left side during the first half. Yes Horner was very poor but surely Hughes would sort out some kind of technical help for him if he was determined that he should stay on. On today's showing Raven is a much better defender.

The football we are playing is boring boring boring, lots of possession but no penetration, come on Yogi sort it out.

• Agree 4

Very poor performance against the bottom side. We were our own worst enemies in continuously giving the ball away. Utds second came from our own goalkick! We lacked pace and idea's again and we did to forward we seemed shot shy and got hassled by the Utd back line and lost possession. On this showing a top six slot seems a long way off.   

Poor performance generally and yes Horner was exposed time after time, Raven didn't get a sniff so what's that all about?

Then when we are chasing the game Tremarco is brought on, I'd like to see Silva get a decent run out as Mutombo has continually shown nothing really.

It can only get better !!!!!

13 hours ago, cif73 said:

Did Barry Wilson say/infer something on the radio about a Yogi/Raven fall-out?

It certainly is rather curious that we are playing rather makeshift defences and leaking too many goals, whilst a mainstay from our most successful team ever isn't getting a look in.

• Agree 1

I nearly fell off my chair last night when he was commenting on the Alba programme. Can't remember it word for word, but it certainly raised my eyebrows and I started spluttering into my cup of tea.

I'll repeat what I said earlier. We were honking giving the ball away willy nilly. Could have cost us dear, but we got away with it.

Here's my report on the game.

16 hours ago, IBM said:

Disappointed with the team performance today, thought Horner had a shocker of a game and should have been hooked at half time, Mutombo did nothing to help the team when he came on and what's the point of bringing on Sho-Silva with 2 minutes to full time?  After all that I was happy with a point at the end although it was not enough to redeem Horner for me, I hope Raven starts next week!  Seen Meekings, Roberts, Brill and Horner in Millburn Takeaway tonight but kept quite as they are all much bigger than me :blush:

Must of been a night for fast food (and drinking :wink:), saw Doran and Williams in McDonald's at half one this morning, also saw Storey in the Filling Station, also didn't say anything as hadn't had time to read the reports on what the game and players were like, only seen the scoreline...

It wasn't great but Polworth and Vincent provided a little bit more forward movement than usual with the result that we did get a few more chances at goal  and a few more corners.  Tansey's delivery at the corners was excellent but we weren't able to to take advantage of that.

However, defensively we were poor.  Several have singled Horner out for criticism but we were poor defensively in general.  Billy Mckay at his best would have had a hat trick before half time.  It was a relief to get the draw at the end. Utd looked far more threatening than us going forward in the first half and had they converted more of their chances we could have been seriously embarrassed.  We need Raven back and for Meekings to be back in his central role. 

But the real problem is up front.  We either move forward with tippy tappy passing allowing the opposition to get men behind the ball, or we punt a long ball forward more in hope than expectation.  Storey cuts a lonely figure up front and seems to have lost some of his initial spark.  We rarely look threatening and unless that changes we are going to seriously struggle this season.  We urgently need Doran fit again and hope that a fit Roberts can contribute some positivity to our play.  Is there any word on how close they may be to a return?

56 minutes ago, inca15 said:

Yogi should bring Rory McAllister back to ICT, he is scoring goals for fun with Peterhead.

He seems to want to stay part-time, due to his job as a plumber.
And if it's true what can be earned in that profession nowadays, he'd probably be taking a pay cut coming here!

12 hours ago, Sneckboy said:

He seems to want to stay part-time, due to his job as a plumber.
And if it's true what can be earned in that profession nowadays, he'd probably be taking a pay cut coming here!

Turning to plumbing was what he wanted to do, as at the time, although he could play, I believe his heart wasn't in football and It wasn't a decision based on money.

Now that he's got something to fall back on it would be good to see if he wants to test himself at a higher level for a few seasons, before age gets in the way.

A settled back 4, with Meekings and Warren in the middle is a must. For me, Raven and Tremarco would be at full back, but I wouldn't complain at Williams. Horner doesn't do it for me and Devine seems to make one mistake per game which costs us a goal. If Raven goes it would cost us!

• Agree 4

Not the boy's fault but it was abundantly clear from the second minute that Lewis Horner was out of his depth and having a torrid time leaving United free to rampage down the left for the whole of the game.

For the manager to do nothing about it was unacceptable and given that we had an apparently fit David Raven on the bench it was more than unacceptable it was utterly bizarre.

If rumours are correct that Raven is being sidelined  due to a falling out with Yogi then that is pathetically petty and immature. We are a long way from being clear of relegation trouble and we need to have our best players playing.

I am convinced that if we had had our best fit XI on the park on Saturday we would not have dropped two points to the most underperforming team in the league and there would now be more comfortable clear daylight between us and bottom place.

• Agree 3

32 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Not the boy's fault but it was abundantly clear from the second minute that Lewis Horner was out of his depth and having a torrid time leaving United free to rampage down the left for the whole of the game.

For the manager to do nothing about it was unacceptable and given that we had an apparently fit David Raven on the bench it was more than unacceptable it was utterly bizarre.

If rumours are correct that Raven is being sidelined  due to a falling out with Yogi then that is pathetically petty and immature. We are a long way from being clear of relegation trouble and we need to have our best players playing.

I am convinced that if we had had our best fit XI on the park on Saturday we would not have dropped two points to the most underperforming team in the league and there would now be more comfortable clear daylight between us and bottom place.

What doesn't make sense is that if there has been a falling out why is Raven even on the bench. It's not like we've been desperate to fill the bench.

• Scotty unpinned and unfeatured this topic