Miles Storey latest

medievalmickey

Lee Power, our Chairman, spoke a little about Miles on local radio yesterday.

It seems accepted that Miles wants to be with you and a loan extension until season end appears certain. He then comes out of contract at that time but, because of his age and time spent at club, Swindon can ask a fee albeit that this may be set by a tribunal. This could lead to a clamour for his signature (?).

It seems to me though that if your Chairman made a non derisory offer then a permanent deal would be a formality.

One another note during our dismantling by the mighty Gillingham F C yesterday a fox ran the length of the pitch and disappeared through the seats at the empty away end. Even men with steel hearts love to see a fox on the pitch.

• Agree 5

I should not think so Alex because it was Chairman Lee Power who commented on Miles.

It is such a pity for Martin Ling: he suffered from anxiety and depression but felt he was over it. It is just a game but pressure on and criticism of managers is enormous. We are just a small, low budget but now self sufficient club but some supporters seem to think we are still Premier League. We are still recovering from our season there.

• Agree 1

Will Miles have his last game for us v Stirling if no extension is agreed before then as I thought his loan deal expires 2 week of January. Cmon Yogi get rid of some of the diddies and at least extend Miles loan and by the way what have you got against Roberts .

Post-match comments from Hughes (from BBC):

With that pace and the form he's on, that's the first bit of business that we want to try and do," said Hughes. "Everything else is on hold because the goalposts have been moved a little. "Hughes made light of his efforts to contact Swindon Town chairman, Lee Power. We read a newspaper article that Lee Power says he's in talks with Inverness," Hughes told BBC Scotland. "He's not answered his phone to me. It's ongoing. I'm going to strangle him.

Goalposts moved? Budget not as big as hoped?  Plans to offload a player fallen through? :shrug:

reading elsewhere suggested that due to Storeys form Swindon want more cash for loan to be extended whilst we thought it would continue under original terms, and the haggling is the hold up.

Since that team appears to be in the complete doldrums, one would think that having him back and into the team would be a no-brainer. But, really, I hope he continues to think that way. Now is the time for John H. to urgently suggest that the purse strings   be loosened to allow this deal to be completed. But, frankly, IMHO, a loan deal is not going to be of much use for the future fortunes of the team unless it is accompanied by a written promise of a contract on terms after a reasonably short period of time.Otherwise all we are looking at  is using  Miles to further our very short term fortunes and not allowing us to build meticulously for the future. Just making a genuine, fair, offer to buy would be a more realistic policy it would seem?

Also I can't help wonder whether or not their current Manager will be leaving Swindon in the near future, or not?

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, Renegade said:

Could be of course, that Swindon don't wish to extend his loan but instead wish to sell him, but for a price.

The impression from Hughes' comment is that the budget has been reduced - unsurprising, given the slight fall in attendances this season. Tricky decisions ahead perhaps? All very well "offloading", but there won't be any takers for the ones we'd want to offload, which means losing some of the higher earners (who we need to keep). Again - I hate the Jan window!

Would be a very short sighted decision on the board's part if true. Storey's goals could potentially be the difference between us finishing in the top 4 or languishing in the bottom 6. The differential prize money would be a massive net loss over the money saved on wages. That's before you even take into account the potential money to be made from another deep run in the Scottish Cup. To cap it all off, given his age and potential, if we got him signed up on a 2 or 3 year deal we could easily land a large 6 figure transfer fee for him in the future. If he's available and wants to sign, get him signed up ASAP. This is an absolute no brainer.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 1

On a more positive note an interpretation of the " goalposts have moved " could have a lot to do with the sudden blossoming of Polly, the pace of Vincent, the passing and freekicks of Tansey meaning an extra striker along with Storey has dropped in priority from essential to luxury.

With the walking wounded recovering strongly we are getting back to the togetherness on the pitch that we had last season as well as the 'stand ins' now beginning to put their Yogi coaching into practice and performing with the Team instead of just alongside them.

Happy days are here again !

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

On a more positive note an interpretation of the " goalposts have moved " could have a lot to do with the sudden blossoming of Polly, the pace of Vincent, the passing and freekicks of Tansey meaning an extra striker along with Storey has dropped in priority from essential to luxury.

With the walking wounded recovering strongly we are getting back to the togetherness on the pitch that we had last season as well as the 'stand ins' now beginning to put their Yogi coaching into practice and performing with the Team instead of just alongside them.

Happy days are here again !

My interpretation is that 'goalposts have moved' suggests Swindon want us to pay a larger part of his wages.