ICT EXILE

bigmack

Juanjo it the type of player who can make things happen on the pitch. A useful substitute to put on when things aren't going our way. Brew gave him ten 1st team minutes after his injury...not much of a chance.

Juanjo WAS a good player for us then he got a bad injury.

15-6 months later he has played maybe 5 minutes football for the first team. He is now on loan at Hamilton where he has mainly been on the bench or playing maybe an hour before being taken off.

I just don't see where he fits into the picture anymore. Brewster obviously had a problem with him and I think CC is just being diplomatic about his future prospects as he is still such a popular figure amongst the fans. Actually the longer he doesn't play for us the better player he seems to become!!

His contract is up in the summer - I would be surprised/amazed if its renewed.

Maybe we should be showing the same level of support to our current team especially some of the youngsters who get slated on here on a regular basis

I don't think Juanjo has a future with ICT as his style does not fit with our team ethic and workrate. He continually flattered to deceive...you got about 15 minutes running out of him in a 90 minute game. So he occasionally produced a flash of genius but not enough in my view to justify extending his contract. Agree his injury was unfortunate but even if he had stayed fit, if he had continued to perform the way he was, I think Brew would have dropped him permanently.

Now is the time to focus on getting the youngsters involved and grow our own stars.

According to the Courier today - Juanjo is coming up at the end of the season to have a chat with Charlie to discuss his future plans. Charlie does say that he is disappointed that Juanjo hasn't been more involved at Hamilton. I would say that Charlie would be the one in the negotiating chair and we might get Juanjo back, but on a modest salary as he hasn't yet regained top form. I don't suppose he would be happy to come back and spend his time on the bench or worse in the stand, but if the alternative is 1st division?? Who knows. Good that he's going to have a chat with Charlie anyway.

Here are what Hamilton fans think of Juanjo

But by all accounts he has been getting his fair share at Hamilton. I asked some Accies fans what they thought and these are the responses so far...

He's doing alright i think. He's a luxury, flair type player who, for his overall end product, isn't really worth us paying him a large enough wage to entice him to stay with us.

He's not a bad player, just one we can't really afford.

Not for me, one semi decent performance against the basement boys at home does not mask his total lack of effort otherwise. As has been said he is a luxury and i wont be too sad to see him leave.

I was under the impression that his Inverness Caley Thistle contract expires at the end of this season and he definitely wasn't going to get a new deal. A move to Hamilton would appear to suit him as his wife is from the area.

He's gradually got better and the rise in performances culminated with an excellent outing against Clyde last week and obviously his man of the match performance against Brechin.

I think he might be worth keeping and get the impression that Billy Reid is keen on doing so.

He has had a couple of decent games and is without doubt a very skillful player. He does however looked like he's unwilling to put in much effort in certain games. I dont think we'll keep him and i dont see why we took him on loan in the first place.

Still waiting on Bigmack to tell me who Juanjo should replace in the squad right now.

Good quotes Riggy loon. I seem to have heard some of them before:

"luxury"..."total lack of effort"..."one semi decent performance".."very skilful player"..."unwilling to put in much effort in certain games". :roll:

IMHO Juanjo was having his best spell at the club just prior to his injury. At best now he would be a squad player and a great person to take on as a sub. Reckon that is CC's finking but NOT Juanjos.

Adios Amigo. Thanks fer some exquisite memories.

I don't follow the thinking that while he was a good player before he got injured, he wouldn't be now. And as he didn't get a chance to play for us again after he had recovered due to the arrogant old crock's personal issues I think the very least we could do is give him another try, albeit as a sub. Hope that's vague enough not to get censored this time!!!

If he still wants to play for us, has not already made plans elsewhere, and if he could still figure in Charlie's plans then what is to stop us giving him a 'trial'.

Let him show whether the desire and his undoubted skill is still there and reward him accordingly .... Forget issues he may have had with Brewster, if he shows the new manager that he is worthy of a contract, then let Charlie decide whether to offer him that contract or not ... If Charlie decides the answer is 'not' then so be it.

Whatever happens, I think we will all remember Juanjo with a bit of fondness and wish him well.

Scotty,

As a self confessed Juanjo fan my views, understandably are bound to be a bit "rosey",but your recent post on the subject is fomidable and sensible.We (Scottish Football), SPL/Div. 1 has not seen his pre injury form,apart from last game MOTM plus a goal, therefore mixed opinions must abound!

Does CC want him back?=dont know

Will the fantastic skills return? =yes

Has he got potential? =yes

Does he need SPL match experience? yes

Where will he be next year? abroad?????

Do the ict supporters want him back?yes but at ICT wages, not necessarily his expectations, that is the problem.

Best Guess in an TCT shirt 06/07=NO!....shame