Player of season to date

Robert

Who has contributed most or improved most so far?

Contenders must be Storey, Tansey and Warren, but Polworth, Tremarco and Devine have acquitted themselves well on the whole. Raven is consistent and Williams under rated. Vincent has done well when fit when out of position. Draper continues to be the essential backbone. Fon Williams generally ok. Vigurs and Mutombo growing on me. Not convinced yet by Wedderburn, and pity Fisher has been injured.

Hope I've not missed any regular starters!

Worth a poll or a debate?

• Disagree 1

I'd agree with most of that...but for me Vigurs has a lot of improving to do! Apart from the goal on Tuesday, he doesn't cover nearly enough ground than the others do and his passing has been a fraction of what he can do! And this is nothing to do with previous clubs..vigurs is one I want to see doing well! 

Storey for me has to be it so far...his goals and running are what's keeping the front line going, his attitude is great...even when things are against he believes he can make the difference! Polworth would be second choice so far...improved so much and is also now a key player in the first 11! And for me Tansey and draper would fight for third! 

The rest of the squad done well to keep us going, we just need a little consistency in the team and for these bloody injuries to ease off...gutted for fisher :sad:

11 hours ago, Robert said:

Contenders must be Storey, Tansey and Warren, but Polworth, Tremarco and Devine have acquitted themselves well on the whole.

Contenders must be Storey, Tansey and Warren, but Polworth, Tremarco and Devine have acquitted themselves well on the whole.

QONVIyz.gif

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

29 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

Greg Tansey and Miles Storey have been the most influential players this season IMO. 

For me, Tansey has been too inconsistent. Storey has probably been the stand out, and Williams hasn't done too much wrong. Polworth has impressed me too. 

I don't think anyone has been consistently good. Some players have shown it in flashes like Tansey and Polworth and more recently Draper. Williams has been, bizarrely, in and out of the team despite normally being quite solid. Storey has had a wee barren run in the goal scoring stakes but has normally been very good. Overall, the team has been very inconsistent and this is reflected in our points difference from last season when we were firing on all cylinders almost every week (a very tough task). Currently we are 18 points worse off this season than at the same stage last season. Only Dundee United have shown a poorer comparison between this season and last season.

EDIT: Link to STV tweet showing the difference in points between 2014/15 and 2015/16 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3

Between Miles Storey and Liam Polworth for me. Tansey was really poor at the start of the season and hasn't been anywhere near his best. Literally every other player has been injured/inconsistent, hence the underwhelming season so far. Danny Williams has probably been the most consistent alongside OFW but neither have been anything spectacular.

• Agree 1

Instead of neg repping my post I would be interested to know why certain posters seem to think Devine has 'acquitted himself well' this season. He has been culpable of errors resulting in goals on something like six or seven separate occasions this season through the concession of penalties, losing his man or giving the ball away. He is not good enough for the first eleven and that has been shown in the vast majority of games this season sadly.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

To pick a best performer is difficult as nobody has been consistent to date, due to injuries or just poor form. Warren since return from injury has been solid at the back and Fon Williams has performed well although is still think his distribution is questionaable - long punts loosing possession regularly needs improvement. I think Danny Williams has done ok in the roles he is given, but do feel he would give more further up the field and playing him at LB is stiffiling what he can contribute. Tansey has found form and in some games if you watch his passing its pin point across field whit accuracy that would be lauded if he was at a bigger club, but he started poorly this season, as did Draper. Polworth is the most improved and has been getting better but still needs to work on his control, distribution and consistency. Storey has worked tirelessly up front and over the last few weeks has become a more isolated figure than ever as we seem to be getting more and more negative in play.

On balance its between OFW, Storey & Tansey so far, but whats easier is the list of those who need to really up their game.

• Agree 2

As the culprit who was positive about Devine, I think he has got better as the season has progressed, and the clean sheet record is now much better (causing us all to bemoan the lack of attacking play!).

Don't get me wrong, I really want to see the Warren / Meekings partnership restored as soon as Meekings is fit.