Team for Hearts

Renegade

Fon Williams

Raven Warren Devine Williams

Draper Tansey

Mutombo Polworth Roberts

Storey

Subs - Esson, Foran, Tremarco, Vigurs, Wedderburn, Sutherland, MacRae

Time to drop the lacklustre Vigurs for Polworth as well as giving the team some much needed width, especially down the left with Roberts with Williams as the overlapping wing back.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

I heard that Aberdeen didn't know how to deal with them, the majority are big tall blokes and kept putting the ball over midfield to the guys up top. Bullied them in mid field and pushed them off of the ball.

Williams

Raven Warren Devine Tremarco

Polworth Draper Tansey, Roberts/ Williams.

______Mutombo

_________________Storey

Not decided whether I'm going or not yet - but my team would be, bearing in mind how physical Hearts are;

OFW;

Raven Warren Devine Williams;

Polworth Draper Tansey Roberts;

Mutombo;

Storey.

Really want to see Roberts given a chance

21 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Looks like Jordan Roberts is one of those players who becomes better the longer he hasn't played for.

Good point! I'm not sure why there's so much 'excitement' about him!
Not sure what he's done to warrant such expectation. Got to remember he played in the same Aldershot team as Dani Lopez and was considered by the 'Shot fans as a poorer player than our now departed striker.
Widely available to read on Aldershot fans' forum.
However, happily, football doesn't work like that - Roberts could yet be a good player for us.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Like mutumbo he has a almost cult following on here where if you say the slightest negative comment you get hi with the reds. 

Roberts has been injured a long period but if he was that good and rated by yogi im sure he would start or get more game time afterall look at warren he got thrown back in very quickly before he was even 100% cos hes a match winber and game changer and i bet there are some others in that situation or close to being thought that way.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Sneckboy said:

Good point! I'm not sure why there's so much 'excitement' about him! Not sure what he's done to warrant such expectation. 

I'm guessing it's maybe more hope than expectation or excitement. There has been a lot of pretty tepid football recently from the players we do have available, and people are probably just hoping that Roberts might offer something different from, say, Vigurs. From what I know of him, he can play wide, which is something we've been missing for a lot of the season and, although it was admittedly against much more limited opposition, he scored a lot and showed up well in pre-season, which has probably added to people's hope that he could be a useful player for us. It may be, as bdu98196 says, that he simply hasn't done enough in training to warrant a start in Yogi's eyes, but I can understand why so many people, me among them, wish he was given a bit more of an opportunity.       

• Agree 3

On 26/01/2016 at 8:33 PM, alternative maryhill said:

I'm guessing it's maybe more hope than expectation or excitement. There has been a lot of pretty tepid football recently from the players we do have available, and people are probably just hoping that Roberts might offer something different from, say, Vigurs. From what I know of him, he can play wide, which is something we've been missing for a lot of the season and, although it was admittedly against much more limited opposition, he scored a lot and showed up well in pre-season, which has probably added to people's hope that he could be a useful player for us. It may be, as bdu98196 says, that he simply hasn't done enough in training to warrant a start in Yogi's eyes, but I can understand why so many people, me among them, wish he was given a bit more of an opportunity.       

I'm sure that's it Alternative Maryhill. I haven't seen him play at all, but he got decent reviews in pre-season. Just eager to see something different from the same old, same old. Different doesn't necessarily turn out to be better, but you don't know until you try!

23 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Thanks for that information. What is the weather like ? Is the match in serious doubt ?

Weather today and forecast for tonight and tomorrow not great. The ground is sodden and there's snow and sleat forecast overnight - winds are still strong. Rain tomorrow morning too, so I reckon there is a serious risk that it will be off.

37 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The pitch would probably have survived heavy rain before the SPL forced us to install USH and thus ruin the drainage.

Said that many times. It would be better to have the option to do without USH and just accept a fine if the game's off.

Fon williams

raven.   Warren  Devine.  Tremarco

Tansey 

polworth.   Draper.    williams

Mutumbo

.                 Storey

subs: Esson, foran, Roberts, Sutherland, brown, vigurs, wedderburn. 

Unless vigurs plays instead of tremarco then I think this will be the starting line up! Tansey seems to drop deeper than draper to pick the ball and play out! And I've noticed that we still try to play with someone in behind storey! This to me is probably the strongest line up at the moment, certainly from players that are fit! 

I'd like to see Roberts get a start but I can't see it coming tomorrow! If Foran was fit to start then I'd like to see him either supporting storey (winning headers especially) or along side Draper/Tansey with the other pushing in behind storey! 

Hopefully the game will go ahead and it'll be the start of a decent run again! I also hope the to coverage doesn't put off people coming out.

2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Said that many times. It would be better to have the option to do without USH and just accept a fine if the game's off.

There's no requirement for USH in the SPFL anymore...just "adequate winter pitch protection". I know 1 premiership club no longer has it and believe there's a second. Also rumours that the boiler shed for the USH at County is empty.

39 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I imagine that neither Hamilton or Killie with their plastic pitches will have it....not that Killie's worked anyway....

No need for USH on plastic pitches just a saline wash if there has been a frost . Biggest issue with plastic pitches is snow but you would have to question that after the Killie  game