Banning young team from busses

nopyronoparty94

3 hours ago, ForzaCaley said:

Firstly I wish to state I have a couple of close friends who are board members of CJT and I don't want to be seen as having a 'rant' at them but personally I can't just 'put this situation to bed' so to speak. The events of this past week have left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I feel there is to many pressing questions which need answered. 

Going by that brief statement from CJT earlier, it would make you think everything is now hunky-dory, but quite frankly I think it's a sham and I'm not prepared to sit back, kow tow and take it as Gospel. 

After speaking to one of the lads who attended tonight's meeting, its become clear that part of the 'problem' on the Stirling trip was indeed singing....... But also some of the group were standing during the journey...... How this warrants an immediate ban, I just do not know!! Personally throughout this week I was thinking, the lads must have been drinking or something. But no! The serious offence committed was standing and singing....

It has also come to my attention that only 4 boys turned up to the meeting tonight (out of 30 something I believe were banned?). Frankly this doesn't surprise me and from what I've been hearing the vast majority of lads are feeling very dissolution about the whole saga and not only did not turn up tonight, but are not interested in tomorrow's game either. I will be deeply saddened if these lads don't come back, ever! But who would blame them after the way they have been treated this past week. For this Clubs sake, I hope the news of a more frequent Gellions Bus tempts them to come back, but i suppose its just a case of wait and see. 

However the main point which has really angered me tonight is that the 4 boys who were in attendance tonight and showed willingness to meet, have been told that there might not be enough space on the bus for them tomorrow. Its a case of turning up to the stadium at 10 am and waiting to see if no-one else turns up so they can get their seats.......Sorry but this is an absolutely disgraceful way to treat any loyal supporter of this club. So much so that 2 of the 4 lads have decided to just forget about tomorrow.

So instead of 30 odd boistrous and vocal young fans turning up and cheering on the team in what is a crucial game in defending our trophy, only 2 will be going. That is of course if by chance there is any seats left on the bus. What a shambolic mess!! All because they were standing and singing on the bus to Stirling......And if it turns out that the team are defeated tomorrow and the team felt there wasn't enough backing from the fans, well the blame quite frankly lies at the door of CJT and the poor handling of this situation. 

Please believe me when i say It saddens me to the core to say that, because CJT and the Supporters Trust before them have in general been true ambassoders for this club. The card display at Hampden, the ticket allocation at LC Final, the many times we needed transport to semi finals or finals with stupid KO times couldn't have been done without them!! But the handling of this week and the poorly written statement re: Pyro a couple weeks back have sadly alienated a large section of our support, a section which is mainly made up of young/loyal/committed supporters who are essential to the future of this Club. Way to go CJT. 

Before I close I wish to ask a few questions. who was the person that sent that text earlier in the week to the lads, demanding that they were to be banned and that there was to be no further discussion about it. Are they a CJT board member? If so they should be struck off! Had he shown a little more wisdom none of this would have happened. I dont want some petty jobsworth who acts out with a knee-jerk reaction to be the 'voice' of our support. 

Why if the 'problem' was on the weekend of Stirling Away was it not dealt with immediately after that weekend? That game was 4 weeks ago. Had this all been sorted out then, we might actually be seeing more young fans at Well tmo and not expecting the farcical situation of 2 young lads turning up at the stadium not knowing if they can go to the game or not.

And lastly, what will CJT be doing in the coming weeks to ensure that all 30odd lads are made to feel welcome at TCS and away games? I cannot stress enough how these guys are the future of this club and if this is dealt badly now, could have serious ramifications in years to come!

I close by stating that famous, elequent but simple quote by Jock Stein "Football without Fans, is Nothing". Please please please, no-one should ever forget that! 

The only part of that post with any merit is the final sentence.

What was a contentious issue was quickly resolved to the general satisfaction of all those directly involved with a consensus of going forward together a good result by any standards.

However, you, who are not directly involved want to continue to stir things up and create further bitterness and disharmony. Come on, some mistakes were made on both sides, those have been acknowledged and dealt with quickly and appropriately. Move on and let it go. Whatever happened to Togetherness....

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, ForzaCaley said:

Firstly I wish to state I have a couple of close friends who are board members of CJT and I don't want to be seen as having a 'rant' at them but personally I can't just 'put this situation to bed' so to speak. The events of this past week have left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I feel there is to many pressing questions which need answered. 

Going by that brief statement from CJT earlier, it would make you think everything is now hunky-dory, but quite frankly I think it's a sham and I'm not prepared to sit back, kow tow and take it as Gospel. 

After speaking to one of the lads who attended tonight's meeting, its become clear that part of the 'problem' on the Stirling trip was indeed singing....... But also some of the group were standing during the journey...... How this warrants an immediate ban, I just do not know!! Personally throughout this week I was thinking, the lads must have been drinking or something. But no! The serious offence committed was standing and singing....

It has also come to my attention that only 4 boys turned up to the meeting tonight (out of 30 something I believe were banned?). Frankly this doesn't surprise me and from what I've been hearing the vast majority of lads are feeling very dissolution about the whole saga and not only did not turn up tonight, but are not interested in tomorrow's game either. I will be deeply saddened if these lads don't come back, ever! But who would blame them after the way they have been treated this past week. For this Clubs sake, I hope the news of a more frequent Gellions Bus tempts them to come back, but i suppose its just a case of wait and see. 

However the main point which has really angered me tonight is that the 4 boys who were in attendance tonight and showed willingness to meet, have been told that there might not be enough space on the bus for them tomorrow. Its a case of turning up to the stadium at 10 am and waiting to see if no-one else turns up so they can get their seats.......Sorry but this is an absolutely disgraceful way to treat any loyal supporter of this club. So much so that 2 of the 4 lads have decided to just forget about tomorrow.

So instead of 30 odd boistrous and vocal young fans turning up and cheering on the team in what is a crucial game in defending our trophy, only 2 will be going. That is of course if by chance there is any seats left on the bus. What a shambolic mess!! All because they were standing and singing on the bus to Stirling......And if it turns out that the team are defeated tomorrow and the team felt there wasn't enough backing from the fans, well the blame quite frankly lies at the door of CJT and the poor handling of this situation. 

Please believe me when i say It saddens me to the core to say that, because CJT and the Supporters Trust before them have in general been true ambassoders for this club. The card display at Hampden, the ticket allocation at LC Final, the many times we needed transport to semi finals or finals with stupid KO times couldn't have been done without them!! But the handling of this week and the poorly written statement re: Pyro a couple weeks back have sadly alienated a large section of our support, a section which is mainly made up of young/loyal/committed supporters who are essential to the future of this Club. Way to go CJT. 

Before I close I wish to ask a few questions. who was the person that sent that text earlier in the week to the lads, demanding that they were to be banned and that there was to be no further discussion about it. Are they a CJT board member? If so they should be struck off! Had he shown a little more wisdom none of this would have happened. I dont want some petty jobsworth who acts out with a knee-jerk reaction to be the 'voice' of our support. 

Why if the 'problem' was on the weekend of Stirling Away was it not dealt with immediately after that weekend? That game was 4 weeks ago. Had this all been sorted out then, we might actually be seeing more young fans at Well tmo and not expecting the farcical situation of 2 young lads turning up at the stadium not knowing if they can go to the game or not.

And lastly, what will CJT be doing in the coming weeks to ensure that all 30odd lads are made to feel welcome at TCS and away games? I cannot stress enough how these guys are the future of this club and if this is dealt badly now, could have serious ramifications in years to come!

I close by stating that famous, elequent but simple quote by Jock Stein "Football without Fans, is Nothing". Please please please, no-one should ever forget that! 

Really disappointed in this post and feel it has done nothing to help us move forward. I was at the meeting at we had a full discussion about what happened and what was acceptable and what wasn't  (mainly on grounds of safety) . It was made very clear that singing was a positive thing and the CJT board members and other fans who attended enjoy the singing as much as anyone else and are also very appreciative of the atmosphere these boys create both home and away. 

The boys also had some issues which we discussed and I felt they left feeling a lot better and more understanding of the bigger picture.

Unfortunately it's uninformed rants such as this that have led to so much of the bad feeling. I know you have considered joining the board of CJT in the past so I look forward to seeing your completed nomination paper. I'm happy to provide a signature on it for you. 

• Agree 10
  • Disagree 1

I'm currently using my Dad's account, as Ally Davidson. As one of the four boys to go, I believe the situation has been put to bed. We went in there expecting debate but instead, it was a very friendly atmosphere and everyone got a say and it was taken into account by both parties.  Being on the board of CJT is a thankless job and do it for no other reason but for our enjoyment which should NEVER go unnoticed. The behaviour on the bus was unsatisfactory and we know this, and CJT had to do something. We were all frustrated and the situation has gone way too far. Although banning us wasn't a good move, currently two of the boys banned travel to Motherwell today on that bus.  So me, and everyone, from now on should start appreciating the hours of work and dedication put in by John, Leslie and the team.  It's not easy for them with the lack of support for something that they do not need to do. So, we should all move on.   Just get behind the team and CJT board and use our frustration towards something worthwhile.... Like County.

• Agree 18

26 minutes ago, Angus Davidson said:
26 minutes ago, Angus Davidson said:

I'm currently using my Dad's account, as Ally Davidson. As one of the four boys to go, I believe the situation has been put to bed. We went in there expecting debate but instead, it was a very friendly atmosphere and everyone got a say and it was taken into account by both parties.  Being on the board of CJT is a thankless job and do it for no other reason but for our enjoyment which should NEVER go unnoticed. The behaviour on the bus was unsatisfactory and we know this, and CJT had to do something. We were all frustrated and the situation has gone way too far. Although banning us wasn't a good move, currently two of the boys banned travel to Motherwell today on that bus.  So me, and everyone, from now on should start appreciating the hours of work and dedication put in by John, Leslie and the team.  It's not easy for them with the lack of support for something that they do not need to do. So, we should all move on.   Just get behind the team and CJT board and use our frustration towards something worthwhile.... Like County.

I would like to point out that you didn't travel on the bus and the fact you came along last night speaks volumes.  You spoke well and made valid points so you should all be very proud of yourselves.  I'm delighted that the boys have been able to travel to day.

• Agree 3

Thankfully this saga is now at an end. Those posters that have tried to stir things up, knowingly or unknowingly should be ashamed of themselves. Undoubtedly, mistakes have been made on both sides but at least both parties have been big enough to admit to this. Just because someone says something happened doesn't mean it actually did.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

No idea if it was the same 'young team' but there was a good crowd of younger fans who were in superb form today getting behind the team and then getting it right up the 'Motherwell Bois' when Roberts scored :laugh:

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, Fraz said:

It was said at least a dozen times to the lads at the meeting last night that singing had absolutely nothing to do with it and they seemed happy about the outcome at the end. So how you can say that it was to do with singing is beyond me.

I suggest if you are a CJT member to go to the AGM at the Caley Club on Feb 19th at 7pm to air all these issues in depth. As for asking for people to be ' 'struck off' perhaps put yourself forward at the AGM to help implement all your ideas? Also unsure how they could be a jobsworth as you get paid to do a job.

At the end of the day it was admitted that lessons were learned on both sides and that was the positive basis the meeting ended on.

Off topic.... but I've not seen the advance notice (should be sent 8 weeks in advance) or compulsory notice (should be sent 14 clear days before) for the AGM. Has it been issued? I've also not seen any request for nominations which should be sent out with the advance notice, 8 weeks before.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

2 week notices went out over social media this week I believe.

Not having a go at you as I appreciate you are actually one of those trying to do things for the right reasons, but there are others on the board who are longer serving and should be more aware that the above does not satisfy the minimum requirements for giving notice of the AGM.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Fraz said:

2 week notices went out over social media this week I believe.

There seems to be an unfortunate assumption here that everyone who needs to be informed of this meeting subscribes to social media. It's a bit like putting an ad solely in the Daily Star or similar.

By the way, how many choruses of "Scots Wha Hae" and "Flower Of Scotland" did Young Team members get through on the Gelluns bus yesterday... and how many of them got banned for singing "There'll Always Be An England"?:ohmy:

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 7

Surely the whole purpose of CJT is to have more togetherness between club and fans.  As this is fans website, surely the first place to put notice of the AGM (and anything else, for that matter) should be here.  By all means, use other social media outlets to spread the word, but keep this site as the default site for all communication - and inform all members that this is the case.  

Even if I had received notice of the AGM (which I would have been interested in attending) I would have been unable to go on the 19th.  However, can I make a suggestion that a separate forum for CJT be set up on this site so that all members can be informed when appropriate?  A further advantage is that it would facilitate discussion on anything CJT wanted the views of the wider fan base on.  In addition, a more visible presence on this site may encourage a few more folk to volunteer to help out.

The concept of "togetherness" requires good communication but this is not something CJT seems to excel at.  I have just been on the CJT website out of curiosity and even their own website gives no mention of the forthcoming AGM  In fact, it gives little mention on anything and the most recent event detailed under "member events" is a hospitality package for the game against Kilmarnock - on 11th August 2012!  

I don't wish to appear critical because I appreciate that people give up their own precious free time to get involved in these activities. My suggestion therefore should be helpful in allowing CJT to communicate with fans, be they CJT members or not, simply by posting on here.  Nobody should then have any reason to say they have not been informed about something.

CJT is the Supporters Trust. Since inception there seems to have been quite a turnover of board members. I know some on current board and they are good hard working people, as are the people I know who have been on it in the past. It does, however, seem that there is a lack of 'togetherness' at the top of the trust. CJT's own website is very infrequently updated so I'm not sure that anyone would take responsibility for a forum on this one.

2 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

There seems to be an unfortunate assumption here that everyone who needs to be informed of this meeting subscribes to social media. It's a bit like putting an ad solely in the Daily Star or similar.

By the way, how many choruses of "Scots Wha Hae" and "Flower Of Scotland" did Young Team members get through on the Gelluns bus yesterday... and how many of them got banned for singing "There'll Always Be An England"?:ohmy:

All members with email addresses will receive full notification today.  The person who was carrying out this task sadly resigned in light of all of tihs hassle and fall out, we have a team working on this today.  Notice was posted on social media last week and emails will go out today along with a formal notice and nomination forms.  Just sometimes when working with a team of volunteers these things happen and I hope the members will understand and more importantly support the AGM on Friday 19th Feb in the Caley Club

1 hour ago, L_G said:

All members with email addresses will receive full notification today.  The person who was carrying out this task sadly resigned in light of all of tihs hassle and fall out, we have a team working on this today.  Notice was posted on social media last week and emails will go out today along with a formal notice and nomination forms.  Just sometimes when working with a team of volunteers these things happen and I hope the members will understand and more importantly support the AGM on Friday 19th Feb in the Caley Club

That seems to be a very reasonable explanation.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

You must get bored of your own patter. It's horrendous and repetitive.

If it's not this it's how some of our dedicated fans are beneath you and are low lifes.

Such a bore. 

Edited by Joe DiMaggio
  • Agree 7

27 minutes ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

You must get bored of your own patter. It's horrendous and repetitive.

If it's not this it's how some of our dedicated fans are beneath you and are low lifes.

Such a bore. 

There are indeed not two but three certainties in life - death, taxes ..... and an grumpy response from Joe:lol:

Indeed I've sometimes wondered if Joe could possibly be some long lost relation of the late Sir Geoffrey Howe since his rebukes do have a certain flavour of being savaged by a dead sheep!

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Dearest Forum friends...

After some thinking, I write to simply apologise for my outburst during the early hours of Saturday morning. I believed that I had all the facts but sadly my ignorance got the better of me. I would like to thank L_G for her time to 'put me right' whilst we messaged on Saturday morning. I do believe I was given some 'half-truths' from the people I had been in contact with, but clearly it was not the WHOLE truth. 

To give you a little background information, three of my best mates were banned for 3 months by the Club in 2007 during the Mike Smith/West Stand Singing Section fiasco....remember that? Sadly these three guys never came back and still have nothing to do with ICT. So when I heard that 30 odd youngsters had now been 'banned' I feared the worst, panicked and overreacted. I was fearful that an even larger group of young/future fans were now going to be alienated and not come back...

However as it has been detailed to me by L_G that CJT and the majority of the young team appear to be happy to move on and therefore so am I!!

It has also come to my attention that a couple of CJT stalwarts have tendered their resignations. This saddens me on a personal level because I know them and the hard work they have put in to the supporters group. Sure, this past week hasn't been dealt with too fantastically, but when you look at the long list of achievements in which CJT have been involved in, last week was a minor blip! I desperately ask those who have tendered their resignations to have a long think before next weeks AGM and reconsider!! I say this because there is somewhat uncertainty on whether CJT can continue if they are not replaced. It is a whole lot more beneficial for us as supporters to have CJT than not to have them. They are the middle man between us the fans and the board.....We need them!

I have been asked in the past to consider joining CJT but sadly I don't have the time at the moment to commit 100%. that's not to say I won't do it in the future, because as you know through my FC United connections I fully support and fan/supporter involvement at Club level. However as JamieICT stated before on this thread, I do feel there needs to be a representative for the younger/under30s fanbase. Had their been a representative for this age group, there may have never been such a 'blow up' and confusion, Maybe this is an area CJT can look into in the near future? 

Anyways that's enough from me! #Togetherness :ictscarf:

• Agree 12

21 minutes ago, ForzaCaley said:

Dearest Forum friends...

After some thinking, I write to simply apologise for my outburst during the early hours of Saturday morning. I believed that I had all the facts but sadly my ignorance got the better of me. I would like to thank L_G for her time to 'put me right' whilst we messaged on Saturday morning. I do believe I was given some 'half-truths' from the people I had been in contact with, but clearly it was not the WHOLE truth. 

To give you a little background information, three of my best mates were banned for 3 months by the Club in 2007 during the Mike Smith/West Stand Singing Section fiasco....remember that? Sadly these three guys never came back and still have nothing to do with ICT. So when I heard that 30 odd youngsters had now been 'banned' I feared the worst, panicked and overreacted. I was fearful that an even larger group of young/future fans were now going to be alienated and not come back...

However as it has been detailed to me by L_G that CJT and the majority of the young team appear to be happy to move on and therefore so am I!!

It has also come to my attention that a couple of CJT stalwarts have tendered their resignations. This saddens me on a personal level because I know them and the hard work they have put in to the supporters group. Sure, this past week hasn't been dealt with too fantastically, but when you look at the long list of achievements in which CJT have been involved in, last week was a minor blip! I desperately ask those who have tendered their resignations to have a long think before next weeks AGM and reconsider!! I say this because there is somewhat uncertainty on whether CJT can continue if they are not replaced. It is a whole lot more beneficial for us as supporters to have CJT than not to have them. They are the middle man between us the fans and the board.....We need them!

I have been asked in the past to consider joining CJT but sadly I don't have the time at the moment to commit 100%. that's not to say I won't do it in the future, because as you know through my FC United connections I fully support and fan/supporter involvement at Club level. However as JamieICT stated before on this thread, I do feel there needs to be a representative for the younger/under30s fanbase. Had their been a representative for this age group, there may have never been such a 'blow up' and confusion, Maybe this is an area CJT can look into in the near future? 

Anyways that's enough from me! #Togetherness :ictscarf:

Very well said indeed and a young representative on the board would be a fine thing but is there a youngster keen to stand and willing to make the commitment ?

• Agree 4

9 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Well said Forzacaley.

Sorry to hear about your pals not coming back. Do you think a letter from the club or a phone call would make a difference.

Mike Smith has long gone 2007 is a long time ago and life's too short for grudges. Why not just put it behind them and get back to Fortress Longman ?