Banning young team from busses

nopyronoparty94

Over 30 people in the young team have been banned from the buses for singing on the way down to Stirling.. we pay £20 each week and make every game, to be told off for trying to create an atmosphere.. The club turning fans away even know we struggle to get 3k a home game! 

• Agree 3

Would this post not be more relevant to the main ICT thread, as it relates directly to the club and supporters?

Re the ban, I would want to know much more about how it came about, and both sides of the argument before commenting on whether it is justified or not.

I sat in the next section to the youngsters at the Stirling away game referred to, at least in the first half, before they all moved down to the other end after half time.  And a truly fine job they made by singing their hearts out right through the game.  As the lad says, undoubtedly it helps create a good atmosphere, and all credit to them for that.

Whether I'd like to be in the limited space of a bus for three hours  while they were singing with that intensity is another matter.  Maybe there is a time and a place for everything?

• Agree 1

Regulations prohibit passengers from unnecessarily distracting the driver's attention.  If the operator is telling the club that singing distracts the driver and it's either no singing or no bus, then no singing it is.  As above, one really needs to know a bit more about what has been said by who.  Off course, banning should only happen if individuals have been told not behave in a particular way and they do so regardless.  I would certainly hope that the club would do all that it can to encourage youngsters to travel to away matches, particularly when these youngsters have been doing so much to help create a decent atmosphere home and away with their enthusiasm.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Would this post not be more relevant to the main ICT thread, as it relates directly to the club and supporters?

Agreed banning a large section of fans especially youngsters who are the future of the club, from official transport whatever the rights or wrongs is an important matter relevant to the club and should be discussed on the main ICT thread to which it has now been moved.

23 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Regulations prohibit passengers from unnecessarily distracting the driver's attention.  If the operator is telling the club that singing distracts the driver and it's either no singing or no bus, then no singing it is.  As above, one really needs to know a bit more about what has been said by who.  Off course, banning should only happen if individuals have been told not behave in a particular way and they do so regardless.  I would certainly hope that the club would do all that it can to encourage youngsters to travel to away matches, particularly when these youngsters have been doing so much to help create a decent atmosphere home and away with their enthusiasm.

Like you, I don't know the rights and wrongs but if the issue is the driver being unable to do his job due to mere loud singing then perhaps the solution ought to be a new driver.

Again, without commenting on the merits which I know nothing about, I would be very unhappy about a whole group, especially of enthusiastic young fans, being punished for the actions of a few.

I share Kingsmills unease about banning a whole group of people. I had some idea that this might happen but only got a screen shot of a message copied to me this morning. It is the prerogative of CJT to transport whomsoever they want to and from games and I had heard reports that the behaviour on bus 3 was far from ideal. But ban the lot? It's an easy way out and doesn't do much to identify and address any behaviours that individuals show. Contrary to the message sent, CJT have not denied a right to people to travel - they have exercised a right not to take their business. There's also a question that CJT don't have "control" over people using their buses. They have a code of conduct that I presume those on bus 3 have broken. That needs to be clear. Final point, the bus convener shouldn't be signing the message personally, it's CJT's collective responsibility and should be signed the board as a whole or by the chairperson. These are my personal views only.

V__18B9.jpg

Were these fans warned previously and were serial offenders ? If not, surely, for a first offence, the proportionate action would be to give them a formal warning advising that any future misconduct might result in a ban. If no previous warning had been issued then it seems to me that an outright and immediate ban is extremely harsh indeed.

• Agree 1

I wouldn't worry about getting banned mate. Boys getting banned for trying to enjoy an away game, or even, God forbid, sing a few songs on the bus to cerate an atmosphere has been happening for years. The running of the supporters buses is farcical and the primary reason, the majority of us younger fans never use them. If you can find a willing driver aged 25 or over hire your own mini bus, makes for a far better day out. If that fails just get the train :drinking06:

CJT doing their upmost to discourage young fans from attending Caley games. Asking people to grass on their own fans with the whole pyro statement and now this... :notworthy: 

• Agree 1

As a fan who  travels on supporters bus to all away games ,and has done for several years this saddens me.

To be banning our young fans for enjoying the moment and making an atmosphere is not the way to go if the 

club want to encourage fans to come to games .The youngsters who travel regularly in my opinion are always 

very well behaved and polite .Without more details I can only assume that the fans in question are not 

regular travellers  and were perhaps not aware of rules on buses .

I wonder what control the bus convener /s had of the situation as I understand this is the purpose of having 

conveners on buses. 

• Agree 2

CJT are becoming a total joke of a group. Seems to be run by a small cliche of boring middle aged fans who clearly don't have the interest of the fans as their priority.

To ban everyone travelling on a bus is utterly pathetic. Do things how they want it done or you don't get to do it at all.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

CJT do a great and much underappreciated job organising busses and I do respect anyone who does organise busses as its a thankless task but, to not allow travel to Motherwell to the boys on bus 3 I find really unfair.

From what I saw on that day there was 2 sides to this story.

Yes the boys on the bus 3 did not do themselves any favours but it was a disaster waiting to happen to put all the youngsters on one bus and to expect them to behave, they are teenage boys after all. 

Im not excusing what they did but a warning might have been better and try to work with them.  We need these youngsters to come to the games they are the future.

• Agree 5

I think this is a disgrace of a decison been made. To ban a group of teenage fans from traveling on a bus they use almost every 2nd week and who have recently raised the atmosphere of home and away games, Why? because they were singing on the bus? 

I think the person who made the decision to ban them should come  forward and give an explanation to why because it clearly wasn't the head of CJT. 

These fans are as loyal to the club and team as any other fan traveling to the game. What did you expect when you packed them all in to a mini bus? Guarantee if you had put them into a normal bus the driver wouldn't have complained about noise levels. You brought this on yourself. Here's a thought unban them, let them go to the Scottish cup qualifier and put them in a normal 40+ bus and there will be no problem. 

OR you will notice a smaller and quieter away support. 

• Agree 2