Manager's Special

Kingsmills

The sales have closed and we didn't get that shiny new striker we had our eye on but I wonder if there's still time for a late manager's special.

It's not uncommon for players to come and work for managers they have enjoyed working for before. It was on that basis that Butcher attracted Ritchie Foran and before that Brian Thompson followed Pele from Huntly.

So far, JH has not attracted any such former players but we were strongly linked with Anthony Stokes for that reason.

We lost out on Stokes but, in Michael Higdon and Edward Ofere there are two experienced forwards both of whom have played for and enjoyed success under Yogi, both of whom are capable of easing some of the pressure on young Miles and both of whom are free agents and thus able to sign immediately.

I would like to think we are still exploring these possibilities along with others.

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

The sales have closed and we didn't get that shiny new striker we had our eye on but I wonder if there's still time for a late manager's special.

It's not uncommon for players to come and work for managers they have enjoyed working for before. It was on that basis that Butcher attracted Ritchie Foran and before that Brian Thompson followed Pele from Huntly.

So far, JH has not attracted any such former players but we were strongly linked with Anthony Stokes for that reason.

We lost out on Stokes but, in Michael Higdon and Edward Ofere there are two experienced forwards both of whom have played for and enjoyed success under Yogi, both of whom are capable of easing some of the pressure on young Miles and both of whom are free agents and thus able to sign immediately.

I would like to think we are still exploring these possibilities along with others.

It would be great to get someone of Higdon's pedigree but could we afford him - I don't know. Will keep my fingers and toes crossed.

To be honest I don't think it's been a bad window, we've picked up 2 young midfielders who can integrate into the squad and with one hopefully good enough to replace Tansey when he inevitebly leaves in the summer.

What we need now is to get current players tied down to contracts beyond the end of the season

Thats where all of our funds and effort should be going as we have the core of a very good squad