Wanderer

As I think I said on another thread.... is this not in danger of creating an Invernessian version of July 12th or the Dons fans' Gothenburg Syndrome?

It's 16 years now - 16 years during which ICT has ousted Celtic from two further cups, won a cup, reached a further final and three further semi-finals, won the First Division (twice:sad:), been promoted to the SPL, defeated Celtic in the SPL, finished Top Six, finished Top Three and played in Europe.

Sure, that was a great night at Celtic Park, but should it not now be allowed to settle gracefully into a still honourable place in the annals of history?

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 5

Why don't we just forget everything we have ever achieved and start afresh. What's the feckin point. Nearly as bad as wanting to merge the two rugby types. Why bother. You must be a barrel of laughs at a party.

:amazed:

18 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

As I think I said on another thread.... is this not in danger of creating an Invernessian version of July 12th or the Dons fans' Gothenburg Syndrome?

It's 16 years now - 16 years during which ICT has ousted Celtic from two further cups, won a cup, reached a further final and three further semi-finals, won the First Division (twice:sad:), been promoted to the SPL, defeated Celtic in the SPL, finished Top Six, finished Top Three and played in Europe.

Sure, that was a great night at Celtic Park, but should it not now be allowed to settle gracefully into a still honourable place in the annals of history?

No. Think it's great that in its short life our club is creating its own little history personally. This win really was the start of realising the potential of hitting the big time. 

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, TheMantis said:

What's all this got to do with the Chinese New Year btw?

I think I might have whooshed a few with that one John...In my defence I did post it in General Nonsense but it was moved here.

Chinese New Year, this year, has fallen on Feb 8 (being a lunar new year it's a moveable date) the first time it's done so since 'that night'. Also won't happen again for 'many a moon'.

Thought it was a potentially humorous juxtaposition, but if you've got to explain jokes then...

Did you ever tell Charles about the Aberdeen man found dead on the 'pay as you leave' bus?

:whoosh:

Edited by Wanderer
  • Agree 1

Is that the same "ambulance drivers" that Jeremy Hunt keeps referring to............proving once and for all that his position is untenable. I personally have reversed two cardiac arrests in the last week alone using advanced airway techniques, defibrillation  and potent cardiac drugs........but if he wants......when his wife or children collapse...............I will adopt a hands off approach  and just drive them to hospital

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

You know ,Naelifts, since my son died in an ambulance a few years ago and the attendants managed to get his heart going again before they arrived at the hospital,I am in awe of such highly trained and dedicated people.

Shortly afterwards he underwent a 6 hour heart operation which the surgeon told me would have cost $500, 000 in the United States.

We pay $135 Can.  per month to fund our Medical Services Plan  but in the STATES you can go bankrupt from huge

medical bills. Can you advise me whether all medical bills are still free in the United Kingdom? I believe you have a good Health Service there ?

• Agree 1