Inverness CT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

Excellent performance, I thought - though had Ash Taylor not handed us an equalizer on a plate the game might have been very different.

Yogi's tactics last night seemed a bit crazy - effectively using Roberts and Storey as wide forwards rather than playing a central striker - but they generally worked well and seemed to prevent Aberdeen's full-backs from bombing on as much as they normally would.  I couldn't really fault any individual performance.  Gary Warren was outstanding, I thought.  That's the best game I've seen Vigurs have since he came back - scoring that goal seemed to really lift him and he put in a great shift.

Yes, our name came up in the Collum lottery, which certainly helped.  Aberdeen were honking after they went behind though.  At 3-1, I thought we looked more likely to score than they did.

Wouldn't be surprised if Draper got a letter from the compliance officer this week...though Aberdeen fans probably shouldn't throw stones whilst they still have Peter Pawlett on their books!

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Diddy said:

Says something that we were as gash as we could possibly play and you needed 4 match changing decisions in your favour to win the game, only scoring 1 goal that could be said was of your own making via an assist from our player. :lol:

The game totally changed on a dive that is embarrassing to the male gender.

If you don't take anything from this Celtic team you've rolled over for them. They are hopeless.

Ah....not merely a bitter idiot.....but a sexist bitter idiot into the bargain....

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Diddy said:

Says something that we were as gash as we could possibly play and you needed 4 match changing decisions in your favour to win the game, only scoring 1 goal that could be said was of your own making via an assist from our player. :lol:

If you don't take anything from this Celtic team you've rolled over for them. They are hopeless.

The decisions didn't change the game, the poor quality of the champions-elect did. 

To be fair, if you've been watching Pawlett regularly I guess you'd know an embarrassing dive if you saw one. 

Meanwhile, we recognise a pile of bitter, patronising cr@p when we see that. 

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, Diddy said:

Fact is mate, you still lost and that's your season over yet again. The smoke drifting over the pitch in the second half was your title hopes.1 league cup in 20 years for 'Giants' like Aberdeen. Not great is it. Or has that all been because of refereeing mistakes too?

Your team barely created a chance last night and were beaten very comfortably by a side in the bottom 6.

Its not all bad news though, if you put a run together you might just hold onto 2nd

• Agree 5

Regarding Draper's "dive", remember that there doesn't have to be contact for a penalty to be awarded. Watch it again, in slow-mo, with this in mind.

Having got to the ball and flicked it past Taylor, Draper then saw the defender's high studs heading straight for his leg. He took evasive action, a quick retraction of the lower leg, to prevent contact. This results in him losing balance and crashing to the ground. Note that he doesn't roll around at all pretending that there had been contact.

In that scenario, I believe a penalty can rightly be awarded.

• Agree 5

The "Young Boys" certainly sang well and supported the team in the ground, however their support for ICT and their behavior outside the ground was disgraceful and probably worthy of a few arrests.

After the end of the game I was standing outside the main entrance when the "Young Boys" , more like thugs,  led by their drummer marched along the pavement chanting and cursing in an aggressive manner. When they saw some Aberdeen supporters they charged and attacked them with fists and boots. It was very intimidating and frightening for me; can you imagine how the Aberdeen supporters felt!

I removed myself from the scene but there was at least one policemen standing at the stadium entrance. I do hope that action is taken these thugs. I would hope that the attacks were recorded on CCTV. This violent juvenile gang can only spoil our good reputation. Their behavior certainly makes me think twice about coming to games where you might expect such intimidation and violence.

I ask that ICT take action against the perpetrators.

Edited by neksor
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

15 minutes ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

Fact is mate, you still lost and that's your season over yet again. The smoke drifting over the pitch in the second half was your title hopes.1 league cup in 20 years for 'Giants' like Aberdeen. Not great is it. Or has that all been because of refereeing mistakes too?

Your team barely created a chance last night and were beaten very comfortably by a side in the bottom 6.

Its not all bad news though, if you put a run together you might just hold onto 2nd

Yeah, that's around about the 4th time Celtic have won the league this season, and the 8th in the last 2 seasons.

If you play the same way at Parkhead you will at least get a draw. They are truly gash. Won't hold my breath.

• Disagree 7

3 minutes ago, neksor said:

The "Young Boys" certainly sang well and supported the team in the ground, however their support for ICT and their behavior outside the ground was disgraceful and probably worthy of a few arrests.

After the end of the game I was standing outside the main entrance when the "Young Boys" , more like thugs,  led by their drummer marched along the pavement chanting and cursing in an aggressive manner. When they saw some Aberdeen supporters they charged and attacked them with fists and boots. It was very intimidating and frightening for me; can you imagine how the Aberdeen supporters felt!

I removed myself from the scene but there was at least one policemen standing at the stadium entrance. I do hope that action is taken these thugs. I would hope that the attacks were recorded on CCTV. This violent juvenile gang can only spoil our good reputation. Their behavior certainly makes me think twice about coming to games where you might expect such intimidation and violence.

I ask that ICT take action against the perpetrators.

These fans rightly get praise for the atmosphere and enthusiasm they bring but there is no place for aggression and violence. We are a friendly family club, we have generally friendly and positive relations with visiting fans and when we visit.

Entertaining chants are one thing but mindless violence and aggression is quite another and, quite apart from being criminal conduct which these people would not engage in elsewhere, needs to be stamped out.

• Agree 3

Rightly you say Celtic are 'gash' , yet you still have less points and have played more games. 

If they are so terrible then going based purely on facts, Aberdeen must be worse.

Dig out your videos from the 80's and cheer yourself up.

maybe next season you could dream about a glamour trip to the league cup semis. That'd be a good season for you boys now.

33 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Regarding Draper's "dive", remember that there doesn't have to be contact for a penalty to be awarded. Watch it again, in slow-mo, with this in mind.

Having got to the ball and flicked it past Taylor, Draper then saw the defender's high studs heading straight for his leg. He took evasive action, a quick retraction of the lower leg, to prevent contact. This results in him losing balance and crashing to the ground. Note that he doesn't roll around at all pretending that there had been contact.

In that scenario, I believe a penalty can rightly be awarded.

Not quite. The Taylor challenge on Draper would likely be considered 'playing in a dangerous manner' which is punishable by an indirect free kick even if this offence takes place in the penalty area.

Something like "high feet" in itself would certainly be an indirect free kick as you describe. I might be wrong but I always thought that if the only reason there was no contact was that the victim took evasive action, then a penalty can be given.  I'm sure there's a ref out there who can clarify.

It's like when a forward is rounding the keeper, if he jumps over the oncoming keeper's lunge and falls down as a result, then even with no contact it can rightly be a penalty (even though fans go mental about it being a dive).  Successfully getting out of the way of an offence doesn't mean the offence never happened.

4 minutes ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

Rightly you say Celtic are 'gash' , yet you still have less points and have played more games. 

If they are so terrible then going based purely on facts, Aberdeen must be worse.

Dig out your videos from the 80's and cheer yourself up.

maybe next season you could dream about a glamour trip to the league cup semis. That'd be a good season for you boys now.

We don't have the size of squad to cope over a season. We don't have actually have a substitute at the moment for the correct position bar the centre midfielder of a 4-2-3-1. Yet we are better than them with our fully fit first 11.

Who were you supporting in the 80s anyway? 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

30 minutes ago, neksor said:

Why do I get the feeling that this didn't happen or you are making it sound more dramatic than it was. 

If it did happen good on them, it's what some of the Aberdeen fans deserve.

There was a big group of them 20-30 walking to the game from town,  Aberdeen fans that is and they were definitely trying to start something. Was walking a fair bit behind them about 7:30 and they were stopping cars while they sang together crossing the road and throwing a cone and stones a bus stop and just generally being scum. 

You need to grow a set and realise it was probably the Aberdeen fans who started it, it always is. If you don't like it fine, walk away but don't put the scene into your words and turn it against our own fans. Why would you do that? 

• Disagree 4

20 minutes ago, Diddy said:

We don't have the size of squad to cope over a season. We don't have actually have a substitute at the moment for the correct position bar the centre midfielder of a 4-2-3-1. Yet we are better than them with our fully fit first 11.

Who were you supporting in the 80s anyway? 

Personally, I was supporting Inverness Thistle. A number of us more mature posters supported either Thistle or Caley but who we supported in the eighties is not important what is important is that now we all support the current Scottish Cup holders. Remind us, when did the 'Famous Aberdeen' last win the most important domestic cup competition ?

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

To be fair he's a fan of Aberdeen and makes no secret of it. I much prefer that to pundits and journalists who support one or other of the Old Firm but pretend to follow St Mirren or the like.....and, in further fairness to Richard Gordon, he hasin the past made similar comments about Peter Pawlet.

I have to say that last night - as always - Richard Gordon and match commentator Liam MacLeod, who are both openly Aberdeen fans, were scrupulously "down the middle" in everything they said... as was ICT legend Barry Wilson who was summarising.

What get up my nose - and every club has them to a greater or lesser extent - are individuals like the impeccably named "Diddy" who, in the case of Aberdeen, positively ooze with Gothenburg Syndrome and tend to give that club a bad name for that reason. I actually quite like Aberdeen in that they represent another chance to take honours out of the central belt and in particular away from the Old Firm. However the likes of Diddy give their commendably enthusiastic and loyal support a certain reputation.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 4

21 minutes ago, HighlandsNumberOne said:

Why do I get the feeling that this didn't happen or you are making it sound more dramatic than it was. 

If it did happen good on them, it's what some of the Aberdeen fans deserve.

There was a big group of them 20-30 walking to the game from town,  Aberdeen fans that is and they were definitely trying to start something. Was walking a fair bit behind them about 7:30 and they were stopping cars while they sang together crossing the road and throwing a cone and stones a bus stop and just generally being scum. 

You need to grow a set and realise it was probably the Aberdeen fans who started it, it always is. If you don't like it fine, walk away but don't put the scene into your words and turn it against our own fans. Why would you do that? 

I was not there so don't know the facts but how can you be so adamant in suggesting that Neksor is being untruthful when he was there and you, by your own admission were not ? It might be an idea to establish the facts before posting and it doesn't matter who might have 'started it' violence is wrong, it's criminal and does the reputation of the club no good at all.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Diddy said:

Can't remember ever reading a more clueless forum of fans.

We're miles up the table because Hayes and McGinn 80% of the time tear teams apart. Hayes went off early and McGinn is having his usual 3 game lull.

Draper should have been off the pitch by the time he rugby tackled Taylor in the box, which I can't fathom some people here think 'happens all the time'. :lol:

And the big streak of pish's dive (again) killed the game and any half time talk and tactics. 

Someone has said the difference was you were going to do something from the incident :laugh::laugh::laugh: quite possibly but it wasn't a foul in the first place ya halfwit. :lol:

And that Shinnie's wasn't a penalty too. :lol:

Draper 'bossed' the game because he got away with it from an incompetent referee.

3 goals and a man sent off worth of wrong decisions is going to kill any team's motivation and prevent them getting into the game.

Awaiting your big timmy manager rolling over to his beloved side on Saturday.

Could we play your team every week please? 

2 hours ago, Diddy said:

A paragraph containing "dives embarassing" to the male gender and "Celtic" reminds me of Shinnie's dive for your September penalty against Ceptic at Pittodrie

24 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I was not there so don't know the facts but how can you be so adamant in suggesting that Neksor is being untruthful when he was there and you, by your own admission were not ? It might be an idea to establish the facts before posting and it doesn't matter who might have 'started it' violence is wrong, it's criminal and does the reputation of the club no good at all.

I was leaving the main stand exit closest to north stand and the young group of fans were singing and drumming as they do. They were winding up some Aberdeen fans but nothing violent and aggressive just banter. From what I seen around the area of the stadium nothing involving them happened. There was a slight argument with a few older boys with some Aberdeen fans and that could be what Neksor was talking about but that was nothing.  Certainly no punches being thrown or anything like that. 

Just some middle aged supporter making a big deal about nothing therefore starting a pointless argument...enough said

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned and unpinned this topic