Gellions Bar ICTFC Supporters Buses

Gellionsictfc

NEW SUPPORTERS CLUB BUSES RUN BY GELLIONS BAR - INFORMATION:

VERY limited seats left for both confirmed buses.  Book now via our Facebook or twitter page, or call 07971895858. £20 per person be be paid via our PayPAL - gellionsictfc@outlook.com, or cash to be dropped into Gellions bar.

Dundee away on Saturday February 27th (3pm ko) - 51 seater bus departs Gellions Bar 09.30am

Hearts away on Tuesday the 1st of March (7.45pm ko) - Mini bus TBC (this is dependant on demand, will be confirmed either way ASAP)

Scottish Cup Quarter Final v Hibs on Sunday the 6th of March (2pm ko) - 51 seater departs Gellions bar Sunday AM, departure time still to be confirmed for this one!

Bus for our quarter final is almost full and Dundee we have 10 seats remaining at this moment in time. Get you names in or get in touch for more info. 

Thank you everyone!

Ross

12744505_1514136452225812_74660442168291
  • Agree 6

HIBS BUS NOW FULL!

Taking names for reserve list incase there are any pull outs between now and game.

Message us to add any names to reserve list. First come first served!

Dundee bus not far off capacity either.

2 superb away days ahead!

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Why's someone who's wanting join the CJT board trying to run a rival bus?

You have lost me? I have never expressed an interest in joining the CJT board?

and I agree, allies, nor rivals :)

• Agree 1

Indeed I was.  I have no issue with with the Gellions (or anyone else) running their own bus.  Allies not rivals?  Really?!  The Gellions were happy to waltz in when the Stirling bus kerfuffle was going and attempted to advertised itself as being different and essentially better (singing is allowed!).  There's no doubt that one will take business away from the other and so forth.  Someone on the board of CJT while also actively organising a bus for the Gellions has a conflict of interest and as far as I'm concerned in a dereliction of duty.

Does the CEO of Coca Cola work part time making arrangements for Pepsi?

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 6

Well I definitely see the Gellions bus as allies and not rivals.  They will be a differently run bus and in my eyes different is good.  Life is made up of all types of people and with just one bus going to the away games run by CJT they were trying to be all things to all people and it didn't work.  Now people have a choice CJT or the gellions.  Hopefully that will encourage the people who didn't like travelling on the CJT bus to go on the gellions bus.  Maybe eventually other pubs in Inverness will be able to run busses to away games too, the more the better.

I for one would be quite happy to travel on either of them.

• Agree 1

Goodness me.

Stop the Dows bus as it deters fans from using the social club.

Don't drink in the Innes bar as the stadium has a bar.

If I had enough interest, like this fan does and also had the assistance of a pub to promote it, I would be running a bus from Culloden to home matches but we can't do that as people may not use the clubs carpark, Lol.

It's progression and I wish them well.

Good to see The Dows Bar and The Gellions helping the cause.

Within the next 5-10 years there will probably be a Moray and Aviemore bus too.

Our local council now has a member who keeps the locals updated with info on social media sites, so when they start digging up a junction in Culloden you can easily find out why.

Maybe CJT could look to do the same and help project their aims for the season, once you have all the email addresses gathered then keep in touch and make it interesting.

CJT

Go and sell yourself ffs

Trains to Hampden

25 Busses to Hampden

The Cup final pop up shop

Pop up shop in the stadium.

The card display.

Do a quarterly email with a few articles in it. Like who is the mystery man who organised the Romania Busses. What orphanage received a welcome cash boost. This man also paid for a bus for the League Cup final and subsidised 2 more for the Scottish Cup final, use your strenghts get a q&a s one on one with a player.

I can see the immediate threat from competition for away travel, just move around it and play to your strenghts and don't hinder a fan with good intentions.

• Agree 5

It'll be interesting to see if any extra people start attending ICT away games as a result of the Gellions running the bus (and I'm skeptical there will be).  If it was a cheaper option then they might attract a few, but not for £20.  

Again, we'll see how long this 'allies not rivals' mantra lasts.  Could it not also reach the stage that our already small away support could disperse across both buses, thus meaning that neither bus reaches a quota allowing it to run?  Only a matter of time IMO.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

Fact is every pub in the city should be encouraged to get their locals involved in forming a pub fans club and running buses, be they full size or mini, to every game. Its nothing to do with rivalry but more to do with fans getting to games at reasonable cost. Communications between all the parties could also be set up whereby if one group is oversubscribed one week and another has seats available they can put each other in touch.

• Agree 6

7 hours ago, Renegade said:

Indeed I was.  I have no issue with with the Gellions (or anyone else) running their own bus.  Allies not rivals?  Really?!  The Gellions were happy to waltz in when the Stirling bus kerfuffle was going and attempted to advertised itself as being different and essentially better (singing is allowed!).  There's no doubt that one will take business away from the other and so forth.  Someone on the board of CJT while also actively organising a bus for the Gellions has a conflict of interest and as far as I'm concerned in a dereliction of duty.

Dereliction of duty is a serious allegation and one completely without justification. Running buses to games, whether home or away, is not a competition but a service to fans. I don't hear CJT or anyone from them complaining.

We have a great, if sometimes exclusive, band of away fans some of whom travel by bus but most of whom don't. If the Gellions regularly running a full bus helps add to our away support that can only be a good thing.

• Agree 2

The more buses the merrier .. its an onerous task to organise and administer (been there, done that, and had all the hassle). The 'official' bus(es) will not suit everyone just like the 'independent' buses wont either ... room for both IMHO. 

• Agree 5

Again, I have no issue with the Gellions running a bus, Dows running a bus....or even the health food shop on Baron Taylor Street running a bus!  They're free to do that and we'll see if there's the demand across the support for it (which I'm not sure there is but we'll see).  We all know how hard CJT find it to fill a bus at times, so surely if you're on the board of CJT, your job should be to fill it's bus.  Attempting to run a bus for somewhere else would that would potentially harm the amount travelling on the CJT bus (and not to mention the missing out on revenue) so would undoubtedly be a conflict of interests.  If you're on the CJT board, you're attention should be with the CJT bus.  I don't think that's too much to ask.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3

You have to applaud the Gellions for starting such a venture. 

Inverness must be the only town/city till now that doesn't have a supported club running from a local boozer. 

Cant help thinking that caleyjagsforever must be silently seething not that they would admit it though

Gives the day to day punter a choice which is a good thing

Putting it simply if you want to bake cakes  and sing shania twain songs you go with caleyjagsforever but if you want the traditional football experience you go with the gellions

Dougal

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

11 hours ago, Renegade said:

Someone on the board of CJT while also actively organising a bus for the Gellions has a conflict of interest and as far as I'm concerned in a dereliction of duty.

Lost me again.

There is only 2 people involved in 'actively organising' these Gellions buses at the moment myself and Rory, and neither of us are on the board of CJT?

Anyway, hopefully see you all Saturday!

Ross

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gellionsictfc said:

Lost me again.

There is only 2 people involved in 'actively organising' these Gellions buses at the moment myself and Rory, and neither of us are on the board of CJT?

Anyway, hopefully see you all Saturday!

Ross

As pointed out earlier in the thread, I'm not referring to you.

• Agree 1