Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2016-02-27_9-28-30.thumb.png.3ca0037d1a7
Tweets by @ICTFC

I'm really glad I'm not doing a broadcast report on this one! Look at the Dundee 16, 22 or even 26! Having these three guys on the team sheet is in no way compensated for by a very straightforward "Nick Ros"s. And to think I used to worry that the boy Bolochowecki might come off the bench when he was at County. Commentators' nightmares all of them! (Not Nick!)

I know -- waiting for them to mispronounce Darren O'Dea as 'Darren Oh Day'. The big man himself, when at Toronto FC confirmed it was pronounced 'Darren Oh Dee' .... for some reason, the phonetic pronunciation of a player name is included in their website profile ... proved handy when we signed Raivis Hščanovičs

or the perfect example ... this guy today: http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/02/27/toronto-fc-sign-tsubasa-endoh

Edited by Scotty
opportune example came up.

Sounds like we turned up for just one half ... as has so often been the way this season. Probably would have taken that at the start of the day but gutting when we were so close to seeing out the win.

When the f*** are they gonna learn? Everyone's fed up of this s***! If you're gonna try and walk the ball into the net every week then you need to learn how to defend for 90 mins! One or twice is bad...we've dropped that many points from goals in the last 5 minutes that we could've been pushing hearts! Yogi has to get this sorted...and soon! 

We have to hope that hibs poor defence carries on next week other wise we could be in trouble! 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Sounds like we tried to hang on for second half after putting in a good first half performance - not a great idea, given our habit of conceding late goals. That's 10 points chucked away to late goals I think. Still, I had this down as a draw, so we're still in the mix for top six. An unlikely win away at Hearts could take us up to fourth!

Stinking second half  performance, we just sat back and made no effort to go forward. Dundee could and should have won by 4 clear goals. One man saved us from a hiding today and that was Fon Williams..

Another tactic being used today by all our players was time wasting at free kicks, goal kicks, throw in's etc. every opportunity was taken. I have got to say it is not something that I ever associated with ICT and who is responsible for it--Management or Players??

• Agree 2

Late goals R us, but not many complained when Jordan Roberts scored that cracker at Motherwell, or was that one too late too be counted.

It's going to happen when teams sit back and try to hold what they have, the pressure builds, goals are conceded, shit happens. It is however frustrating when it goes against us.:cry:

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PerfICT said:

Sounds like we tried to hang on for second half after putting in a good first half performance - not a great idea, given our habit of conceding late goals. That's 10 points chucked away to late goals I think. Still, I had this down as a draw, so we're still in the mix for top six. An unlikely win away at Hearts could take us up to fourth!

It's a lot more than 10 points

Storeys last goal was 2nd Jan, vs the Scum, when he diverted a shot into the net, before that it was 29th Nov vs Ceptic, pretty shyte stats really!  If Yogi thought he was going to be our saviour this season its not looking good. 

Which brings me to another gripe,  Injuries.

We have had so many injured, key players out this season i cant believe its just bad luck.  Is it training systems or crap training facilities? but to have this many injuries is very mysterious, I've never known any Caley -thistle team to have this many players sidelined.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, finmack said:

Stinking second half  performance, we just sat back and made no effort to go forward. Dundee could and should have won by 4 clear goals. One man saved us from a hiding today and that was Fon Williams..

Another tactic being used today by all our players was time wasting at free kicks, goal kicks, throw in's etc. every opportunity was taken. I have got to say it is not something that I ever associated with ICT and who is responsible for it--Management or Players??

Robbie Savage calls it 'game management' - ok it's maybe fekkin annoying but he was good at it, seems we're not!

6 hours ago, crownjaggie said:

Tough afternoon in the desert, trying to keep track of events in Dundee, Rome where Scotland have won by a margin at the end but were made to work hard by Italy, and watching the Cycling in Belgium.  At least the other two have finished - common the Caley Jags.

I'm in Rome for the rugby but kept trying to get updates from Dens with no success. Went from ecstasy in Stadio Olimpico to big disappointment when I eventually got the result from Dens. Still, 3 points on Tuesday at Tynie and we're back in the Top 6. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, DEANO96 said:

When the f*** are they gonna learn? Everyone's fed up of this s***! If you're gonna try and walk the ball into the net every week then you need to learn how to defend for 90 mins! One or twice is bad...we've dropped that many points from goals in the last 5 minutes that we could've been pushing hearts! Yogi has to get this sorted...and soon! 

We have to hope that hibs poor defence carries on next week other wise we could be in trouble! 

Attempting to pass the ball into the net wasn't our undoing.  It was desire from around a half hour onwards to time waste, defend and drop deeper and deeper for the remaining hour.  For the first time in my football going life, I witnessed a keeper booked for time wasting in the first half!  We invited Dundee onto us and for most of the game our goal lived a charmed life.  Inviting a side featuring the likes of Harkins, Stewart and Hemmings to attack us was always asking for trouble.  We were punished as a result.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, caley100 said:

Storeys last goal was 2nd Jan, vs the Scum, when he diverted a shot into the net, before that it was 29th Nov vs Ceptic, pretty shyte stats really!  If Yogi thought he was going to be our saviour this season its not looking good

To be fair to Storey he's not really being played as a striker lately. He's being played out wide?

Just back from Dundee - that game made my eyes bleed. 

Disappointed not to have held on, but given the chances Dundee wasted in the second half and the eccentric performance of the referee (more on that later) I will take a point. 

We looked in control in the first half, but still lack anything in the final third. Two wingers, but no actual striker didn't work today. I thought that Storey and Roberts worked hard, and once Fisher is back from injury it will be interesting to see if having a target gives us more of a threat. Draper showed how to finish a 1 on 1, but apart from that we didn't really test Bain. In the second half we started on the back foot and defended deeper and deeper. If it hadn't been for some pretty excellent saves from Fon Wiiliams, some good last gasp challenges by the defence and some frankly pathetic finishing by Dundee we could easily have lost that. Ironically, the goal came when it looked like we might just hold on. Yet more points surrendered late in the game. 

Positives were Fon Williams saves, Roberts and Storey worked hard and Tremarco had a pretty good game at left back - he seems to have found an attacking threat from somewhere. 

Negatives - time wasting from the point we scored, surrendering the iniative from the start of the second half, and sitting back and defending far too deep. 

I thought Dundee generally niggled, dived, acted and winged their way through the game. And that pitch was appalling- I've seen flatter tattie fields. And given they have had issues with water logging, who thought watering one end of the pitch at half time was a good idea?

And now we come to the referee. This is the same clown that Yogi got banned for saying he was out of his depth. Well, he still is. About the only thing he got right was the Tremarco clash with Stewart - in so much that both players got the same punishment, but it could easily have been two reds instead two yellows. The rest of the time his decisions were baffling. And how the feck was that fat fecker Hartley not sent to the stand for catching the ball ( which was still in play) after Storey had skinned their full back?

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic