Ross Lyall RIP

Alex MacLeod

Family message on facebook

With much sadness and grief the family of Ross Lyall are sadly announcing the death of their beloved Son, Brother, Uncle, Nephew, Cousin and respected and cherished friend to many.

Ross passed away peacefully at 1:55pm on Saturday the 5th of March in the Intensive Care Unit at Raigmore Hospital. He was surrounded by his loves in life - his family, his FILTH music playing in the back ground and his beloved Caley Thistle scarf by his side.

Ross was a trusted and loyal friend to many. As a family we are so immensely proud of him and his life long working and charitable achievements.

We hope all who knew Ross have many cherished memories and memories that should be celebrated and not forgotten. As a family we all have many memories that make us smile and touch our heart in so many different ways.

Ross will be sadly missed by family and friends, and not forgetting his beloved and loyal dog Zeus..

So sad to hear of Ross' passing this week. I was very surprised as I seen him at Dens park just last weekend. I only knew of him by name and face but you could tell he was a huge Caley Thistle supporter and well liked within the Caley community. Yesterday was fantastic by our fans with the minutes applause for him. 

My fondest memory of Ross certainly would have been the game against Rangers before the Scottish independence and Ross stood up against their fans with a 'Yes' Sign for majority of the game. 

image.png

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 4

RIP Ross, and condolences to all those who knew him and are grieving at this time. I personally did not know Ross, but I do know plenty of people who did, all of whom have spoken of a good bloke with a huge passion for ICT. Very sad indeed. 

• Agree 1

Being good friends with Ross I know he would be laughing at us all being upset. He had a huge passion for Caley. I personally feel numb n sick still. His presence and fun will be missed in the stands and on buses. He was a family and friends man. And thoughts are with Claire Jennifer and their mum and dad. He may be gone but he will never be forgotten. Xx

• Agree 2

I didn't know Ross either, but I recognise him from photos because he was a big presence not only at the stadium but also around Inverness with all his interests and fund raising activities. I hear he was highly thought of at work too. His family must feel so proud of him, because he really was one of these rare people who managed to pack a long lifetimes worth of living into his short life. He will be missed by so many. Rest in Peace Ross.

• Agree 1

ICT have confirmed arrangements for a 1 min applause at the 30 min mark of tomorrow's game in respect of Ross.  Please share and encourage everyone to support this welcome gesture from the club.

• Agree 6

In case you are not aware, funeral details as follows:

UPDATE: Midmills College Car Park will be open for parking on Friday
-------------------------------------
Dougie, Sandra, Jennifer & Claire announce the funeral service of their beloved son and brother Ross Alexander Lyall will take place on Friday 18th March at 12.30pm in the Crown Church, Inverness, thereafter to Kilvean Cemetery.

All welcome. Family flowers only.