ICT v Hibs TV broadcast via periscope?

hibsgame

Hi

I understand the replay is on Wednesday the 13th will not be on TV because of UEFA rules . For three similar recent games hibs fans have broadcast the game via the mobile phone Periscope  app which is not great but better than nothing. This  has been available to fans of both clubs for free and loses no club revenue as official  internet streaming is not allowed either. Up till now no one has bothered us. For the ICT game the away fans are housed in the south stand and it's not going to be great for streaming as its better around the half way line for viewing.  Is anyone in your support going to use Periscope?  Happy to give advice - it's around 400MB a game in data and you need a modern phone with good processing and battery life. I have just invested in a smartphone  tripod/clamp and would be prepared to lend it. I also have a portable battery kit in case there are penalties :-)

I'm hoping this is our year - but I've been hoping that for a good few!

https://twitter.com/hibsgame

https://www.periscope.tv/hibsgame

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

What is the rule with domestic football being broadcast live on a Champions League night? I always thought that there was a blanket ban on any domestic footie being broadcast when Champions League was on, yet tomorrow night Arsenal v Hull FA Cup is live despite it being a Champions League night. Can anyone shed any light?

I heard that Arsenal had to specifically apply to UEFA for 'permission'! Apparently, there's a rule that replays can be televised, but it very rarely happens. If Hull v Arsenal had been a 'first attempt' game, then there'd simply be no chance of it  being allowed on TV. However, it seems it's got 'special dispensation' to be televised!

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I have got a mobile proctoscope with its own tripod, clamp and Duracell batteries. It is great for streaming and I would be only too happy to use it with Hibs supporters.

Not quite the type of streaming he had in mind. I know it can be windy at the match but that's taking it to extremes

You have you met cardiac cath by the way.

On 3/7/2016 at 7:40 PM, 12th Man said:

No problem, I will ask the club if I can run a cable to their modem.

Tbh I don't think the reception is the best. Unless it's improved somewhat of late.

I checked here http://www.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage and it says I can get a good 4G signal for all networks except Three. Guess which one I am with?

I had to look up  proctoscope. :smile: Funnily enough I've paid for a joby to take to the game. Looks like the TV broadcast will be from the south.....