League Cup Final

Kingsmills

Good to have both cups in the Highlands I hope both clubs can get together to show them off.

Both Cups up here are a great advert for football in the Highlands.

We dipped after our Cup final defeat. There's still a lot to do but County have just given us a helping hand for Wednesday night.

Im also pleased for our neighbours it was a big thing for us last May so it's a big thing for them now, however I would have probably felt more envious if they had won a Cup before us. 

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

...thank God Deek isn't still manager at County: The thought of him holding a cup aloft might have just sent me over the edge.

You mean over the bridge.

I know what you mean, He would even be eating his frosties out of it for breakfast. 

As I came to ICT by marriage not birth or residence I can say I'm delighted to see County get the wee cup. The spreading around of major trophies since the old Taxdodgers club went bust has been brilliant for the game, a complete change from the tired Old Firm narrative.

Sadly, I expect it'll all change next season now that yon Hibs team have let said Taxdodgers off the hook in the league. The unrestrained joy of Chic Young et al when the gruesome twosome were drawn against each other in the big cup semi was nauseating, bit there will be plenty more of it to come.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Good to have both cups in the Highlands I hope both clubs can get together to show them off.

Both Cups up here are a great advert for football in the Highlands.

We dipped after our Cup final defeat. There's still a lot to do but County have just given us a helping hand for Wednesday night.

Im also pleased for our neighbours it was a big thing for us last May so it's a big thing for them now, however I would have probably felt more envious if they had won a Cup before us. 

Absolutely. Excellent post. I would suggest that a joint photo with both teams, managements, club officials and both cups is an absolute necessity - even if it has to be taken on the Tore Roundabout.

Then distribute freebie copies to every single Central Belt newspaper and monitor results.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Absolutely. Excellent post. I would suggest that a joint photo with both teams, managements, club officials and both cups is an absolute necessity - even if it has to be taken on the Tore Roundabout.

Then distribute freebie copies to every single Central Belt newspaper and monitor results.

Crackeen idea mun. I'd start with the Falkirk Herald. Them parochial bastroids will never print it.

• Agree 2

Win or lose tomorrow, we've apparently got to return the Cup to the SFA by the end of the month. :sad:
Near the beginning, rule 2 (c)
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2013-14/Cup%20competition%20rules.pdf

I actually thought the cup we have is a replica and is ours to keep - with the actual trophy kept at Hampden?

19 hours ago, standbydave said:

I like CB's idea of a photo of both teams with the Scottish and League Cups in one place, just shows there is always a place for Highland football

The shinty boys are also suggesting that, in addition to a football double photo, there could be a triple one with the Scottish Cup, the League Cup and the Camanachd Cup, which all now sit within 15 miles of each other.

• Agree 2

On 15/03/2016 at 11:59 AM, Sneckboy said:

Win or lose tomorrow, we've apparently got to return the Cup to the SFA by the end of the month. :sad:
Near the beginning, rule 2 (c)
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2013-14/Cup%20competition%20rules.pdf

I actually thought the cup we have is a replica and is ours to keep - with the actual trophy kept at Hampden?

Sounds like we will have to make our own for the board room and throw in a few replica Scottish Cup Medals for the guys who couldn't play in the final too.

Or you can buy a miniature overpriced Cup from a German supplier advertising in the Cup final programme. Probably large enough to hold a boiled egg.