St Johnstone -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

The indiscipline was there to see on Sunday too.  Sounds as though it was even worse tonight.  Last thing we need is to have a bunch of suspensions over the last few games before the split, and of course after the split, which will almost certainly be a dog fight for us to  to avoid 11th place.

What has got into Warren? Is it that he is missing the stability of Meekings alongside him, and that he finds he is having too much to do on his own to hold the defence together, causing frustration with consequential moments of madness?  Sooner he sorts himself out the better.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

No huge surprise with that line up and formation.

Absolutely essential now that we take three points against Hamilton on Saturday to keep at least a little distance between us and the play off place.

Warren & Tremarco suspended for Saturday. So we are short of defenders in must win game. I am genuinely concerned that we may end up in the playoff place. 

We got out of jail on Sunday after a thoroughly inept and tactically naïve performance for most of the match. Probably asking too much to be as lucky again. The frustrating thing is that we have the players to do so much better if only they were deployed properly.

• Agree 1

Just now, givmeaccccc said:

What a good shout by Caley Mad in Berks. Warren struggling without Meekings.

He's the captain and one of our senior pros. He should be setting an example, not struggling because of a different partner in defence. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

He's the captain and one of our senior pros. He should be setting an example, not struggling because of a different partner in defence. 

Meekings missing will be affecting both warren and the team! However Hawkeyes right..he's the captain and has to take partial responsibility as well get on with whoever is partnering him

9 minutes ago, givmeaccccc said:

Can't believe Hughes saying we have no penetration, it's his players, his selection, his tactics. We have had no penetration all season and we are in big trouble now.

Yup. Hard to carry any kind of threat when you don't have any out and out strikers available, and only one real striker on your books. 

There has to be a serious question over our our signing policy. Maybe, with injuries and suspensions, we will see Yogi play the team his signings suggest - a keeper and 10 midfielders. 

• Agree 1

Guest Shaun

What the **** is happening this season!! 

I don't give a **** what you guys say,  this useless dud needs to GO ASAP because we are useless this season and its all the managers fault, no strikers in during January when it was clear we were in DESPERATE need of one, which is being proved right now!! 

We are as ***** as Newcastle and that's saying something.   

The best thing we can do is,  sack John "mr useless" Hughes,  get in Richie Foran as interim manager then appoint a new manager as soon as, then completely rebuild during the summer, starting RIGHT NOW by signing players on pre contracts!! 

I am very pissed off right now because I know that we are much better than we're proving right now!! 

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

What the **** is happening this season!! 

I don't give a **** what you guys say,  this useless dud needs to GO ASAP because we are useless this season and its all the managers fault, no strikers in during January when it was clear we were in DESPERATE need of one, which is being proved right now!! 

We are as ***** as Newcastle and that's saying something.   

The best thing we can do is,  sack John "mr useless" Hughes,  get in Richie Foran as interim manager then appoint a new manager as soon as, then completely rebuild during the summer, starting RIGHT NOW by signing players on pre contracts!! 

I am very pissed off right now because I know that we are much better than we're proving right now!! 

In response to your eloquent and reasoned arguments, I have just two words...

Alex Fisher

• Agree 2

I'm afraid that's bye bye to top six and this is now a relegation battle. Sadly, this has been a train wreck waiting to happen: you cannot go into a season with no strikers and no retention policy. Flu, injuries and red cards happen and you need more than just a team of 11, most of whom are midfielders! A draw would have been acceptable, given the circumstances, but a loss, with a stack of suspensions around the corner could be catastrophic. Hamilton on Saturday is now an absolute must win and we'll barely be able to field a team. Where's the entertainment????????

• Agree 2

That was really shambolic. In the first half polworth on at least 4 occasions was clear down the right and in loads of space and he was ignored every time and the ball ended up either being punted or given to Tremarco who I really don't know how he is in the team, oh yeah because Hughes only signs midfielders these days!

saints were equally poor until the last 5 minutes of the first then they took control.

they dominated the second half and I expected Tremarco to be the likely to be red carded, but it was warren 2 bookings - no complaints.

liam hughes tried to hold the ball up, upfront and did ok but had no support.

good penalty save but the inevitable came shortly after.

so frustrating as it has been most of the season since the Europa games started.

The signings this year have overall been poor and not necessarily in individual quality but the types Hughes has brought in. We have nothing good upfront and even when storey has been playing he seems to have been playing wide.

dont really know where we are going to go this season. My head says we won't beat hibs but might just get clear of the relegation playoff place. I hope to be wrong and we go onto the final again and make the top six. 

Mmmm

and how the hell can saints justify £5 for parking? 

• Agree 1

I cant understand why Hughes went with the same formation as the Hibs game which was a total disaster and then to bring on Horner with 2 mins to go just a waste of time. Looking at BBC  started off with a lot of possession and then after 30 mins starting to loose and you just knew by the reports that it was only a matter of time till St Johnstone scored. A penalty save and I thought we might get draw but once again we give away a late goal.

Like others I think we are now in serious trouble and cant see us avoiding the relegation play off place sad times

You do release buying a striker isn't like buying a tin of beans at the supermarket. We have a small budget and struggle to attract players. A tin of beans full of juice and no beans is no use, may as well keep ur money til you find the a quality Heinz tin which has a dent but you have found behind all the other white beans.

I don't even like beans. Should have used tuna as an example. I like tuna

• Agree 6

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic