caley stewards

Feb82000

No idea what was going on, but I did see a few fans jumping over the barrier onto the track infront of the North stand just to get closer for shouting at Hibs players - this may be the route to the snack shop but jumping the barrier cant be seen as anything other than unacceptable behaviour. Usually 2 sides to every story and the truth somewhere in the middle!!!

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

Not true.  I believe you are meant to be allocated a seat but there's no rule that says said person must remain seated at all times.

Maybe so but the seats are designed for sitting not standing. Personally, I no issue with fans standing at the back but standing for any length of time elsewhere is selfish and inconsiderate and obscuring someone else's view.

In such a situation, I would hope and expect a steward to have a word.

they stopped the hibs fans filming the game. Never had a problem elsewhere when UEFA blackout in operation. Why is it different in Inverness? Wasn't sure of their powers here but fans threatened with ejection from the ground. There were no other paid alternatives available, the ticket didn't say you couldn't film and as far as I know it's not illegal. Different if club showing it as it would affect their revenue. 

20 minutes ago, hibsgame said:

they stopped the hibs fans filming the game. Never had a problem elsewhere when UEFA blackout in operation. Why is it different in Inverness? Wasn't sure of their powers here but fans threatened with ejection from the ground. There were no other paid alternatives available, the ticket didn't say you couldn't film and as far as I know it's not illegal. Different if club showing it as it would affect their revenue. 

I was watching it and then the stewards came in saying they cant film as it on sky sports. I don't think it is a Inverness thing just more G4S out of touch with football fans and rules.

28 minutes ago, hibsgame said:

As per the Ground Regulations (Item 8) posted on all turnstiles and which are a condition of entry....

http://ictfc.com/images/stories/ICT_pdf_files/codes_of_practice/ground_regulations.pdf

8.  With the exception of authorised Media representatives holding accreditation issued by the club/event organiser, the taking of photographs or filming by any means inside the Ground is prohibited. In addition, no transmission or reproduction, in whole or in part, in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical, recording or otherwise is permitted save with a special authorisation in writing by the club/event organiser and, where appropriate, the prior consent of The Scottish Football Association, the Scottish Premier League, the Scottish Football League or appropriate body.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Not true.  I believe you are meant to be allocated a seat but there's no rule that says said person must remain seated at all times.

Not entirely correct.  There's nothing written down in statute that requires stadium operators to enforce such a rule.....however, it is included in the ground regulations which are enforced by the SFA & SPFL and, as such, is a condition of entry.....

http://ictfc.com/images/stories/ICT_pdf_files/codes_of_practice/ground_regulations.pdf

13.  Standing is FORBIDDEN in seated viewing areas.

That's not to say I agree with it, but it's wrong to say there's no rule covering it.

49 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

As per the Ground Regulations (Item 8) posted on all turnstiles and which are a condition of entry....

8.  With the exception of authorised Media representatives holding accreditation issued by the club/event organiser, the taking of photographs or filming by any means inside the Ground is prohibited. In addition, no transmission or reproduction, in whole or in part, in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical, recording or otherwise is permitted save with a special authorisation in writing by the club/event organiser and, where appropriate, the prior consent of The Scottish Football Association, the Scottish Premier League, the Scottish Football League or appropriate body.

Not having a go at you but I think it's absolutely ridiculous that fans are not permitted to take photographs of games involving their side.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Not having a go at you but I think it's absolutely ridiculous that fans are not permitted to take photographs of games involving their side.

It's part of the whole nonsense of being a 'fan' now at any top-flight club anywhere, or indeed at all major sports and concerts. I used to take a camera along to away games when we were in the old First Division and supply a couple of shots to Bryan Munro for next week's match programme. Even at home games I used to get action shots for this website. That all had to end when we got into the SPL where they had pro photographers at every game anyway.

Your involvement in the game or 'event' is supposed to extend as far as buying your ticket and merchandise and concession stall food, then sitting down and watching the 'event' and generally being a good consumer and going home happy at the end. It's why I've been at only 15 ICT games this season and two or three ridiculously overpriced English matches. The other 40 or so have been non-League where you can stand and have a pint or walk around during a game and mix with opposing supporters and even chat to the players afterwards.

• Agree 10

Its crazy and another example of how the SFA/SPFL and others seem to value their brand fiercely but then do nothing to promote it themselves. 1000 fan pics posted all over social media does more to enhance the brand or show enjoyment than making a handful of professional pics available via SNS or media outlets. The two things are not mutually exclusive and can co-exist very easily. I know this well - both from taking pictures at ICTFC before I moved over here, and when it was allowed, even encouraged, and also from Season 1 to now with TFC

I am glad that Toronto FC has a different policy, otherwise TFCpics would not exist ! 10 years worth of photos on there. I have had the odd issue getting into the ground, mostly because the stewards think the camera (Nikon D7000 with 18-200mm lens) is too big, but some assertiveness and requesting to speak with a supervisor on the rare occasions it happens seems to work.  

The BMO Field camera policy is different for each event, based on the requests of the teams or promoters. For Toronto FC matches, non-flash still photography and small handheld video cameras are permitted. Still photos or video must be for personal use only. For all other events, please contact Fan Services prior to the event day for event specific information. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, gingerjaggy said:

I was watching it and then the stewards came in saying they cant film as it on sky sports. I don't think it is a Inverness thing just more G4S out of touch with football fans and rules.

where were you watching it that stewards came in? Was impressed ( depressed?)  that stewards at a football game knew it was being broadcast

9 hours ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Although its difficult to police I'm sure it is against the rules of association to film and photograph without direct permission.

There is a lot of things against the rules in that list posted on this thread.....

18 hours ago, TheMantis said:

It's part of the whole nonsense of being a 'fan' now at any top-flight club anywhere, or indeed at all major sports and concerts. I used to take a camera along to away games when we were in the old First Division and supply a couple of shots to Bryan Munro for next week's match programme. Even at home games I used to get action shots for this website. That all had to end when we got into the SPL where they had pro photographers at every game anyway.

Your involvement in the game or 'event' is supposed to extend as far as buying your ticket and merchandise and concession stall food, then sitting down and watching the 'event' and generally being a good consumer and going home happy at the end. It's why I've been at only 15 ICT games this season and two or three ridiculously overpriced English matches. The other 40 or so have been non-League where you can stand and have a pint or walk around during a game and mix with opposing supporters and even chat to the players afterwards.

100% my thoughts Mantis, scunnered with the "organisation" from top to bottom,no craic or fun attending games these days, no atmosphere,policed to death."Gie's yer money, sit down, shut up"

Saturdays generally spent in other pusuits  these days.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, TheMantis said:

German football is cheaper and they have bars in the ground. Milan too. Much more enjoyable. The other posters here got it right in that social media and brand can co-exist. Enjoyed your flickr photos

• Agree 1

On 17 March 2016 at 11:45 AM, CaleyD said:

13.  Standing is FORBIDDEN in seated viewing areas.

So does that mean you have to crawl to and from your seat then?

This is actually a serious observation since there is bound to be a grey area as to what constitutes necessary standing and some jobsworth steward desperate to assert his authority.

Reading this thread is simply reinforcing the questions I already have as to how much tolerance football fans in general are going to be willing to maintain of a situation where they are paying serious money to watch football, simply to find their freedom of action severely constrained both inside and outside the ground - including the risk of being arrested under legislation which applies solely to football fans.

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, hibsgame said:

German football is cheaper and they have bars in the ground. Milan too. Much more enjoyable. The other posters here got it right in that social media and brand can co-exist. Enjoyed your flickr photos

2€ for a Beer at the Bernabeu (or it was in 2012).
madrid_0100.thumb.jpg.096b3022468b97e21c

I simply dont understand why the SPFL / SFA are so draconian with all the media stuff and always have been. I know some clubs demanded that the commentaries and such like were suppressed to enable them to offer their own options but ICT were never too bothered about media rights issues and Hibs were always the model held up on how to get fans involved in bringing media from the fans to the club and they too did not have an issue. Surely no-one can seriously think that one or two folk (shakily) streaming video through periscope or something similar from a fans vantage point in the stands is going to be serious competition to a broadcast feed from a dedicated gantry or camera position? Sure, some folk will watch it, especially if no other options are in place, but its like trying to watch an illegally downloaded film that someone shot on their mobile in the cinema compared to going to watch it in the cinema yourself or via a broadcast on proper TV. 

Same with photos. The professionals have the best vantage points, and the skills and better equipment to capture truly stunning photos, but some fan photos - including my own - can be just as much fun to view. I joke with mates at the TFC games that I seldom get a good shot of any goals as I am usually getting excited that we might score .... or, because I am in the middle of the stand, there's thousands of arms go up in front of the lens just as I try to take a picture. I might take several hundred pics at a (TFC) game but after filtering out all the crappy ones or ones where I took multiple frames per second and just pick the best, I try to post 50-75 from each game. None of these impact the pro photographers who are down at pitch level. I know this because I know a couple of them and they tell me so. The other important factor about 'fan pics' (at TFC) is that the conditions are such that they are for personal use only. I can display them on the TFCpics website but I cannot sell them or allow them to be used in any publications where they would be classed as being used commercially. The pro photographers on the other hand are licensed to sell their photos and make a living from it. I dont see why this model cant or wont work in Scotland.   

50 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Reading this thread is simply reinforcing the questions I already have as to how much tolerance football fans in general are going to be willing to maintain of a situation where they are paying serious money to watch football, simply to find their freedom of action severely constrained both inside and outside the ground - including the risk of being arrested under legislation which applies solely to football fans.

17322816729_e53cb73a99_b.thumb.jpg.2fb96Last few times I have visited the TCS I can honestly say the experience has been less enjoyable than I remember from the days when I was a season ticket holder even though I was in the same seats as I had sat in for many years on those visits, and many/most of the people around were the same folk I had enjoyed my football with as we climbed the leagues !!! Dont get me wrong, the staff at ICT are great, always have been, and I have a friendly relationship from chairman on down, but the banter, craic, and interaction with the players/managers on the opposition bench (or our own) was gone, replaced with a fear or thought that what you might say would get you turfed out or talked to by the police or stewards. The application of many jobsworth rules seems both stupid and off putting and the 'enjoyable day out' experience is gone. We are going to be back again in May for the last couple of weeks of the season, and to be honest, just cant get excited about it yet ... apart from not knowing the fixtures because of the split, the thought of being treated like something off the bottom of the steward's shoe does not appeal in the slightest. Its not an ICT thing though ... its a football thing, and its not even a Scotland thing, its everywhere. TFC get a lot of things right, but they too have knee-jerk reactions to certain scenarios or stewarding that can, at times get over-officious .... but one thing ICT does have the upper hand with I guess .... is that you dont want to get into it with the cops over here though as they do carry guns !

These ground regulations are not new (far from it...they are dated January 2008) and the suggestion that they have been put in place to crack down on social media activity etc are wayyyy wide of the mark.

Social Media didn't exist in anything like the same form as it does today when these rules were first written.....and therein lies the problem, as they have not been looked at properly to take account of changes in technology, broadcaster attitudes/habits or anything "modern" for that matter.

It's the same when it comes to the clubs views on standing....we have moved on from the strict "FORBIDDEN" attitude, to a much more sensible approach and this needs to be reflected in the regulations.  It's no wonder there's widespread confusion when regulations (which stewards will be instructed to enforce) no longer fall into line with what many (fans and clubs) actually want to see happening.

18 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

These ground regulations are not new (far from it...they are dated January 2008) and the suggestion that they have been put in place to crack down on social media activity etc are wayyyy wide of the mark.

Social Media didn't exist in anything like the same form as it does today when these rules were first written.....and therein lies the problem, as they have not been looked at properly to take account of changes in technology, broadcaster attitudes/habits or anything "modern" for that matter.

It's the same when it comes to the clubs views on standing....we have moved on from the strict "FORBIDDEN" attitude, to a much more sensible approach and this needs to be reflected in the regulations.  It's no wonder there's widespread confusion when regulations (which stewards will be instructed to enforce) no longer fall into line with what many (fans and clubs) actually want to see happening.

Agree with what you say - we've talked about media of all kinds and the rules and regs a lot over the years. The red bit is the biggest concern and the biggest annoyance.

I posted a long time ago - before KC was chairman - about an experience I had when I was his guest in his hospitality box, where he saw the stewards giving the young lads (at that time) in the north stand a hard time for standing and set out to find out what the problem was and stop them getting a hard time over it. (he succeeded). The club may have a certain viewpoint to applying or interpreting the rules but for those rules that are wrong, stupid or where situations or technologies - like social media or safe standing - has moved ahead of the rules in place there needs to be a mechanism for change, or for allowing clubs latitude in applying the spirit of the rules and being allowed to advertise or publish local policy amendments without fear of themselves getting in trouble for having the audacity to apply common sense rather than some outdated rule or policy (as opposed to law). 

I guess what I am saying is that the whole thing is over legislated. Fair enough, have a million and one rules in place where its needed, or where its required, but as a society we just seem to dream up new rules for the sake of it, or for problems that dont exist yet but will once we put some silly rule in place !!!

On 17/03/2016 at 11:09 AM, hibsgame said:

One word: pish.