caley stewards

Feb82000

Took my wife to the Hamilton match last week, the steward on our turnstyle, said we couldn't take a small bottle of water in with us......but we could buy it inside!  I couldn't understand the logic behind that, but had travelled too far to argue! Oh and I took at least one photograph of the match!:wink:

• Agree 2

Probably got more to do with alcohol consealment than the mineral content of the water.

Totally off topic but is there an enclosed /sheltered area for the North/ West stand fans for HT? Think the last time I was over that side was Div 3.

Edited by 12th Man

• 1 month later...

did any one see the steward who put  up his finger to the young caley fans on Friday night think they got photos of it  the supervisor was great with them but the steward was not  

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, scottishhighlands said:

did any one see the steward who put  up his finger to the young caley fans on Friday night think they got photos of it  the supervisor was great with them but the steward was not  

Yes, we were right behind the goings on.  The steward completely lost the plot over one of the boys putting his feet up on the barrier!  But the supervisor was great, he was trying to keep a straight face when he was talking to the boys lol.

As I said somewhere else, that very same steward was swearing in front of my daughter as we were making our way through the turnstile, I did manage to make him feel very small, but clearly he's just a ****! Handled it all wrong, as I've seen him do many times before! 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

15 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

As I said somewhere else, that very same steward was swearing in front of my daughter as we were making our way through the turnstile, I did manage to make him feel very small, but clearly he's just a ****! Handled it all wrong, as I've seen him do many times before! 

Not sure why you've got a red dot for this post? Did you get his stewards number? Is he a regular steward as I can't say I've noticed him before?

Second time I've got a red dot for saying the same thing? Unless it's for showing negativity to the steward?

no, I never tbh, didn't think anything more of it until I saw him having a drama with the young team.

not sure about regular, but he was at the last home game too, took a bottle of water off a guy and tried taking a bottle of juice off a young lassie but he clearly didn't want to get into that minefield! 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

4 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Not sure why you've got a red dot for this post? Did you get his stewards number? Is he a regular steward as I can't say I've noticed him before?

That's it sorted I gave him a Green one, must have been the Steward!

• Agree 3

On 8 May 2016 at 6:04 PM, ictfcsince94 said:

Another greenie given going to be a job keeping you on the level PML

8 hours ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Perhaps the persons who gave reds would man up and state their reason for such

If I've offended someone by saying what I've seen the please tell me. If you are the steward in question....why are you partaking of a football fan forum when you clearly have no clue about football fans.....if people are red-dot ing because they agree that it's shocking behaviour then that's fair enough, but as said before and elsewhere, it's good to back up your dots! 

I get it when I say something that's an opinion or potentially divisive, red or green makes sense then, but here, I have reported on inappropriate behaviour of a steward????

• Agree 1

Just now, 12th Man said:

Why moan about it.

I believe IHE went from having the most red dots to the most greens the last time around and it didn't put him up or down.

Not moaning, it doesn't put me up nor down except when it makes no sense, that is all. 

• Agree 1

I got one last week for creating a Preview for Dundee United game. wtf. :laugh: In fairness for some reason it was hidden, but that's not the way to notify us.

• Agree 2

I am putting the reputation system under scrutiny as it looks like a tiny minority of users are doling out their maximum allowed number of red dots per day in somewhat of a pattern. I may make some changes to the system based on my findings ... 

7 minutes ago, thetobymichaels said:

I got one of those red thumbs down things for asking a question and explaining what happened with that steward on a thread i made. Haha

This is one of many reasons why I stay off forums.

Have a green one mate. 

• Agree 1

And another to get you back on cto we all deserve to have an opinion way to many red dots being brandished about. Should still have users names with them so they could al least explain why they have given one if questioned instead Of hiding behind a keyboard 

• Agree 1

On 18/03/2016 at 7:54 AM, Eagle4Caley said:

Took my wife to the Hamilton match last week, the steward on our turnstyle, said we couldn't take a small bottle of water in with us......but we could buy it inside!  I couldn't understand the logic behind that, but had travelled too far to argue! Oh and I took at least one photograph of the match!:wink:

Probably in case it contained alcohol. Many grounds dont allow bottles brought in even if plastic as full bottle can be used as missile. Most of those will sell bottled water but will put it in a papercup