Scotty

Great result wish we could play County every week according to the BBC text we were well on top and 2 shots off the bar other results could have fallen better for us , just hope this result gives us the spring we need to go on a run

Well that makes pleasant reading. Will have to wait fear the match attenders but it looks like Yogi did eject the crazy 3-5-2 or even 3-6-1 formation. Interested to hear how we did set up. Can see the "loyalty card" to Devine at centre back and Tremarco. Would prefer Meekings in the centre and Danny Williams at left back myself. Also agree with Chris that Polworth and Vigurs do not give us enuff width. It will be interesting to see if he perseveres with Hughes as a target man. That clearly was not the initial intention but may be a master stroke. I still think that Storey wasn't match fit but I also like the look of Roberts - although Yogi does not appear to be so. Foran is more of a presence these days and I suspect was fecked after the Hibees excursion. Keep this squad fit and free of suspension and we can see this campaign out successfully. Fraid it is a case of looking forward to next season - probably minus Tansey at least. But I still do not agree that we should have "surrendered" the cup but hope that Yogi has learned a lesson from his "messing".

• Agree 2

Great result!, didn't expect that at all. was fun listening to barry wilson report through gritted teeth. Hopefully the players will take confidence from today and get back to playing the kind of football we know they are capable of. 

• Agree 1

That was awesome. If we play like that every week we will be fine, but it does pose the question as to why we haven't being playing like that every week!

Big let off just before we scored. Tremarco hit the bar, but then County broke, but Jackass Irvine put the ball out off the post when 1 on 1 with Fon Williams. 

Polworth's opener was a well taken shot across the keeper and then Draper was played in and he doubled our lead. Storeys was the pick of the bunch, a dipping shot that left Woods with no chance. 

That eased the nerves, and after that we controlled the game. Polworth hit the bar, and then Fraser should have conceded a penalty when he stopped the ball with his hand but Blobby 'Stevie Wonder' Madden decided it was on the edge of the box. 

Pretty much pass marks all round. I thought Meekings and Tremarco provided good width. It looks like someone may have had a word with Devine, as he was taking no chances today, while Warren was solid. Storey put in a power of work, and the midfield was generally solid, although Vigurs could have seen a second yellow if Madden hadn't been in bottle it mode. Hughes put in a shift up front, and although he is no centre forward, he was a damn nuisance - it looked like Davies was hooked at half-time because he couldn't cope. 

Same again v Motherwell, please. 

Boys were really up for it today - shows what they can do if they're at it for 90 min! Amazing that such a huge proportion of our points have come against County and Aberdire. Can we play you every week indeed.

Still an outside chance of top six, but need to beat Hearts Motherwell and United. Not impossible, if improbable!

The difference when we have a bit of pace up top to get in behind (or threaten to) and stretch the lines. 

If we can keep a hold of Storey I think he will go up and up in terms of goalscoring. 

Good to also hear what looks like a good shape. And clinical.  Just get enough points on the board. Ensure our safety, tie up who we can and rebuild the squad where required. This season has been long hard and painful. Not unexpected given our success last season. But a break and freshen up will be good going forward. 

Great result today. 

• Agree 2

Best league away day ever. Only Hampden last season comes close. Great win on County's party day on their patch. Stunning 3rd goal made everyone relax and start our own party. Every player played their part. Only disappointment being that we kind of coasted the last 30 mins when we could have got more. Brilliant away atmosphere with lots of loud, enthusiastic, witty singing relentlessly taking the mickey out of County. Hope some of it finds its way onto youtube. Wish we played like that every/most weeks.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Jaggy666 said:

Great result!, didn't expect that at all. was fun listening to barry wilson report through gritted teeth. Hopefully the players will take confidence from today and get back to playing the kind of football we know they are capable of. 

Is that the same Barry that County fans used to chant to, ' Barry Wilson your such a f***ing p**is, Barry Wilson your a horses a**e'

Shaun is passionate if not incredibly impulsive. Many shared his actual views if not in such a demonstrative manner. Yogi has got out of the jail (end) today but he has made many mistakes this season. Once survival is attained can we look to next season. 

• Agree 4

Johndo ,

For you  to say many shared his-(Shauns)- view - implies that you think his negative view to be correct .How about the rest of us?

we were there was Shaun - appreciate that you may not have been for obvious=distance - reasons -but to state that Yogi got out of jail today is flippant -how about great result .If its up to  you to decide what we do, if and when survival is achieved is reassuring .

• Agree 2

A great afternoon. Must confess, I was in main stand as had hospitality: it is tough loving every minute in those circumstances!

Only one team wanted it today. Can't fault any of the 14 who got fame time, and it could have been more!

Still glad County won last weekend, but 9 points against them in league feels good.

Lets get behind the ram against Motherwell and Hearts and achieve safety. Perhaps the top 6 is back on.

Well done to the team today. Let's keep  up.

PS  the fans were truly great today but ditch the flares and the antics with the ball.

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, Robert said:

PS  the fans were truly great today but ditch the flares and the antics with the ball

The 4th official could have negated the ball thing if he'd being paying any attention. After the second time, he could have made sure he had a ball ready to put on. Instead, each time he waited, and then had to find a ball. But then again, clueless officials shouldn't surprise me. 

1 hour ago, alwaysblue said:

Johndo ,

For you  to say many shared his-(Shauns)- view - implies that you think his negative view to be correct .How about the rest of us?

we were there was Shaun - appreciate that you may not have been for obvious=distance - reasons -but to state that Yogi got out of jail today is flippant -how about great result .If its up to  you to decide what we do, if and when survival is achieved is reassuring .

Always blew,

Many have posted about a change of manager and even added to threads about the choice of the next manager. Many have severely criticised Yogi and many have called for him to go. I have criticised his recent tactics and selections but I still want him to stay and have been loyal to him. Of course he got out of jail today but perhaps you are too thick to appreciate the sarcastic jail end comment. It was a fantastic result and was even better because he changed the system, the selection and the tactics - as advocated by my good self and numerous others. It was also a huge step towards survival which is still the major goal. I hope that you understand that and that your communication skills are significantly sharper than your intellect and your command of language and written prose. You may need to ask a friend what most of this response means.

Mr MacKenzie

Updated:

Dennis Wyness 9        
Iain Stewart 7        
Billy McKay  7        
Aaron Doran 5        
Iain Vigurs 4        
Jamie McPherson 4        
Own Goal 4 Chris Somerville Mark McCormick Mark McCulloch Sandy MacLeod
Miles Storey 3        
Barry Robson 3        
Barry Wilson 3        
Brian Grant 3        
Richie Foran 3        
Steven Ferguson 3        
Marley Watkins 3        
Steve Hislop  3 2 Inverness 1 Ross County    
Alan Hercher 2        
Alex Bone 2        
Andrew Shinnie 2        
Andy MacLeod 2        
Brian Thomson 2        
Jonny Hayes 2        
Richard Brittain 2        
Ross Tokely 2        
Scott Boyd 2        
Scott McLean 2        
Michael Gardyne 2        
Jackson Irvine 2        
Greg Tansey 2        
Own Goal 2 Stuart Golabek Gary Warren    
Ross Draper 2        
Adam Rooney 1        
Alex Cooper 1        
Andrew Hainault 1        
Bobby Mann 1        
Brian Irvine 1        
Charlie Christie 1        
Colin Milne 1        
Connor Gethins 1        
David Bingham 1        
David Hannah 1        
David Raven 1        
David Winters 1        
Derek Adams 1        
Eric Odhiambo 1        
Filip Kiss 1        
Graham Bayne 1        
Hugh Robertson 1        
Kevin McLeish 1        
Mark McAllister 1        
Mike Andrew 1        
Mike Teasdale 1        
Norman MacMillan 1        
Owen Coyle 1        
Paul Di Giacomo 1        
Paul Lawson 1        
Paul Sheerin 1        
Richie Hart 1        
Robert Eagle 1        
Rocco Quinn 1        
Roy McBain 1        
Steven McGarry 1        
Tassos Venetis 1        
Wilson Robertson 1        
Yohann Arquin 1        
Liam Boyce 1        
James Vincent 1        
Liam Polworth 1        
          Updated 19th March 2016
  • Agree 2

Sadly I couldn't get to the game today, but what a great result!  Particularly pleased to see a big swing in goal difference and for Storey to finally get on the scoresheet again. Wins like this should give the team a real lift but the fact is that our 2 previous wins against County this season have been followed by defeats against Kilmarnock in the next league match.

It seems to me that the tactics for a match against County are usually different.  If we adopt the attitude that it's a derby game so lefts just get in amongst them, then we seem to do so much better than when we play the patient tippy tappy build up stuff. Make no mistake about it, County are where they are in the league and they won the league cup because they are a pretty decent side this season.  Had they won all 3 games against us they would be comfortably in 4th place and we would be 11th.  Despite that, we have dominated them in this league season.

The lesson here has to be that we are better when we play a more direct style of football.  If we learn that lesson then not only should we make the top six, we should also finish the season above County. 

• Agree 5

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic