Scotty

Would you jump on the seats and stand on them at at Eden Court or at the cinema? Try that at other sports venues like Wimbledon or Murrayfield and you'd be ejected - and rightly so. Why should it be 'acceptable' in a football venue?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

32 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Jumping on plastic seats tends to break them. Damages someone else's property is vandalism. Vandalism is a crime. How would you like it if a guest in your house deliberately damaged your sofa ? Not funny and not clever.

Well it wouldn't have anything to do with you. Let the police deal with it if they want.

Were you injured in this horrific incident? If not then quit complaining about others that had no effect on you. 

• Disagree 9

14 minutes ago, Sneckboy said:

Would you jump on the seats and stand on them at at Eden Court or at the cinema? Try that at other sports venues like Wimbledon or Murrayfield and you'd be ejected - and rightly so. Why should it be 'acceptable' in a football venue?

I would also probably be thrown out of the cinema if I started booing the bad guy and cheering the hero. I'd be thrown out of wimbledon for my mobile going off. 

If you want a quiet day then go to Eden Court.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

1 hour ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

I would also probably be thrown out of the cinema if I started booing the bad guy and cheering the hero. I'd be thrown out of wimbledon for my mobile going off. 

If you want a quiet day then go to Eden Court.

If away fans did this at our ground, we would be up in arms by jumping on seats and damaging them. Some of our so called younger fans think they can do what they want without consequences, time they either grew up or were punished and bugger off to create mayhem somewhere else. The club don't need them and your attitude only encourages some of these morons.

Don't have any issues with fans getting behind the team but not for some of these actions from these "fans".

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Huisdean said:

If away fans did this at our ground, we would be up in arms by jumping on seats and damaging them. Some of our so called younger fans think they can do what they want without consequences, time they either grew up or were punished and bugger off to create mayhem somewhere else. The club don't need them and your attitude only encourages some of these morons.

Don't have any issues with fans getting behind the team but not for some of these actions from these "fans".

The club do need them, quite badly actually. How many seats were broken btw? How many people were hurt? I'm sure you can tell us. 

If their behaviour is so over the top then let the police deal with it. 

We have a small number of fans who make good noise. If you don't like it then sit elsewhere. There is plenty of space. You can then look down your nose at them and even moan about them on the Internet. 

Edited by Joe DiMaggio
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

The team needs good vocal support and I don't think there is anybody who doesn't think the increased vocal support from the youngsters recently is great.  But there is a world of difference between supporting your club by making a lot of noise, and harming your club by behaving in a way which might involve the police and which might result in the SFA taking sanctions against the club. You're smart enough to know what the difference is, so please continue to support the team by making a lot of noise - but just leave it at that.

• Agree 7

Sounds like we're going back to the darkest days of hooliganism in the 80s.

Folk used to complain how quiet our fans were. I'd be interested to know how many seats were actually broken. And if some of our fans were so out of order, why weren't there complaints from County? Why didn't the police/stewards take some action?

Personally I think it's great that we've now got a loud, vocal, enthusiastic group of younger fans.

Fk me, those complaining should try attending something like a Spurs/West Ham game, like I did earlier this season. They'd walk out in disgust after 5 minutes!!

• Agree 4

11 hours ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

The club do need them, quite badly actually. How many seats were broken btw? How many people were hurt? I'm sure you can tell us. 

If their behaviour is so over the top then let the police deal with it. 

We have a small number of fans who make good noise. If you don't like it then sit elsewhere. There is plenty of space. You can then look down your nose at them and even moan about them on the Internet. 

Are you familiar with the expression when you're in a hole....stop digging...?

That's where the majority of these fans complaining will be soon anyway!

The young boys are the future of our fan base thankfully and they clearly don't want an experience similar to watching a play at Eden Court.

How many people did the police arrest at the game? If it was so bad they would have stepped in. They didn't. 

Think some of our fans would have a heart attack if they attended a game in Europe. 

I like nothing better than a good noisy atmosphere at football. However I dont understand the need to stand on seats or to damage them. When visiting fans cause damage the host club presents the visiting club for a bill to offset such. I believe the recent visit by Dundee United to Dingwall resulted in a hefty bill for that club. Thats cash that should be earmarked for other things.

• Agree 2

The young fans have brought a great new dimension to our games both home and away recently with their noise and colour which I am sure is noticed and greatly appreciated by the team and the vast majority of the rest of the fans.

It would be a great pity of that positive image they have generated for both themselves and the club were to be tarnished by immature and criminal activity by the few apparently endorsed by some misguided posters on this site.

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

That's where the majority of these fans complaining will be soon anyway!

The young boys are the future of our fan base thankfully and they clearly don't want an experience similar to watching a play at Eden Court.

How many people did the police arrest at the game? If it was so bad they would have stepped in. They didn't. 

Think some of our fans would have a heart attack if they attended a game in Europe. 

Quite right, I was in town for a meal and a couple of drinks the night we ruined Celtics League Cup a few years ago. Brewster era.

If you went into the bar that used to be the police station that night, you would have seen young drunks in Celtic tops at the bar whilst in the basement toilets, you would have seen urinal pipes ripped off of the wall spraying water onto the floor and the bog pans blocked up with paper too so the water had nowhere to go.

Propper football fans eh? Not.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 21 March 2016 at 7:16 PM, DEANO96 said:

The only other disappointment of the day was some of the muppets that attended! They don't realise how much they ruin it for others. I was in the signing section and it was decent crack, (despite being stuck behind one or two bigger guys) signing and bouncing but again those boys letting off smoke bombs, starting on stewards, standing on chairs, shouting abuse at police (who were only doing their job) and abusing others was totally un-needed and stupid! And serves them right if they get punished! So I'm sorry if any of them are on here, but you's are idiots and make the club look like a joke. 

Starting on stewards- is that the same stewards who antagonised the situation by their over zealous heavy handed approach? The stewards behaviour was, I would suggest, like a red rag to a bull. 

Shouting at police - the same police that were hurriedly called to the section by the stewards who were fearing for their lives because some people were jumping and singing :ohmy: oh the humanity! The police that were then video-recording said singing and jumping. I'm sure they were politely asked to turn off their cameras........:lol:

On 23 March 2016 at 8:24 AM, neksor said:

Do we have any pics of our own fans because their behaviour was similarly unacceptable. Principally some of the singing section.

There was much abusive chanting against the RC team and fans, Police and Stewards, release of smoke bombs, a small pitch invasion which would have been larger had the stewards not been ready for it. Jumping on seats was also observed. The foul-mouthed hate filled chanting against the opposing side should be replaced by pro ICT songs and chants.

I could see some small children 5/6yos and some children who appeared to be about 9 or 10. What kind of football education are they getting in amongst such hate filled abusive supporters who do no good for our club.

A small pitch invasion....are you having a laugh!!!! One guy jumps over the barrier to celebrate a goal and it's a pitch invasion.....behave herself mun!

and I agree, there is no place for foul mouthed hate filled chanting at a derby match......because that doesn't happen at a Dundee Derby or the old firm or Manchester or any London derby.....nope just those unacceptable ict fans.....:ictscarf:

and I witnessed a lot of pro ict songs. More than I ever did whilst sitting in the main stand at TCS, now....if this is what you want from football then you crack on.

in fact, the 'support' that I have witnessed while sitting in the main stand at TCS is far more derogatory to the club than anything that happened through in Dingwall. Sitting in silence, only breaking that silence to deride every single pass and decision by every player and the management, whilst simultaneously tutting that the opposition never make a mistake and are just perfect.....the players hear it and pick up on it!

the atmosphere on Saturday was described as fantastic and electric by the Beeb....this was of course as a result of the tremendous support of the two teams by everyone in the ground, except for those in section d.......because they were just childish hooligans! 

FANS NOT CRIMINALS 

• Agree 6

And another thing, why would both clubs encourage the building of an atmosphere by creating said 'singing section'. Did they not realise that this would encourage the hoodlums to all be in the same area....yes they did! But that's what they wanted! 

• Agree 2

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:09 PM, Joe DiMaggio said:

Well it wouldn't have anything to do with you. Let the police deal with it if they want.

Were you injured in this horrific incident? If not then quit complaining about others that had no effect on you. 

Joe...  it's sometimes a bit difficult to assess the age of posters on forums like this so you leave me with a genuine dilemma. Are you actually one of the Young Team members yourself, sticking up for your chums, or are you a bit older than that but simply afflicted by some unfortunate Peter Pan complex when it comes to deciding what is and is not appropriate behaviour in public?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

3 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Quite right, I was in town for a meal and a couple of drinks the night we ruined Celtics League Cup a few years ago. Brewster era.

If you went into the bar that used to be the police station that night, you would have seen young drunks in Celtic tops at the bar whilst in the basement toilets, you would have seen urinal pipes ripped off of the wall spraying water onto the floor and the bog pans blocked up with paper too so the water had nowhere to go.

Propper football fans eh? Not.

Nice story. 

Completely unrelated here though 

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Joe...  it's sometimes a bit difficult to assess the age of posters on forums like this so you leave me with a genuine dilemma. Are you actually one of the Young Team members yourself, sticking up for your chums, or are you a bit older than that but simply afflicted by some unfortunate Peter Pan complex when it comes to deciding what is and is not appropriate behaviour in public?

Surprise. Looking your nose down and being derogatory about  the young fans again. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

Surprise. Looking your nose down and being derogatory about  the young fans again. 

Joe the young fans create a great atmosphere and long may it continue but surely you are not saying that the only way they can do this and enjoy themselves is to act like complete d***s!

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

I'm well impressed by the young team too and I can see where ur coming from joe,  it's just better to keep within the boundaries.

P's  Collectively across the football clubs, 'Voters not Criminals' would probably help the cause more than the word 'Fans' 

Yes but there are some on here who will complain about them no matter what and it's pretty continual from certain posters. It's pretty simple if you don't like that noise sit elsewhere. The over exaggeration and dramatics here from some is pathetic. One person went through a gate and that equals a pitch invasion?

There were also plenty of police about who didn't arrest anyone at the game so the behaviour can't have been as criminal as some here are making out. If it was the police would have intervened. If you think the behaviour is excessive then leave it to the police. We have had people on here wanting to report our own fans to get them banned and wishing these young boys would not come back. As mentioned if they attended a game in Europe it would probably be enough to send them over the edge. 

You then get clowns like bannerman who look down their noses at them and judge them, call them stupid and has said countless times that they are so stupid they will kill themselves. And he is the last person that should be looking his nose down at them as anyone that has met him or been taught by him thinks he's a total bell end. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

Has there been any evidence of seats being damaged or is this just something that has grown arms and legs?

I saw ONE seat back no longer in its correct place....don't think that's gonna break the bank if County were to invoice ICTFC.....

and who knows, this could of been as a result of the stewards climbing over seats to remove one of the lads that were singing......

Edited by ictfcsince94
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, RiG said:

Has there been any evidence of seats being damaged or is this just something that has grown arms and legs?

I'm reliably informed that this happens at every big game including when they come to our place. Seats are fairly flimsy. 

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic