The smash to remember

OOPS!  What a smashing video I must say.

During a game  of ice hockey  with the Vancouver Canucks a player on the opposing team decided that the only way to win for his team was to ensure that one of the Canucks was either melted, belted or demolished .

Sooo..... here is what he did--and if you are like the Scarlet Pimple you will not believe your eyes. For the  climax go to the end of the video. The player did survive, though, and is now the Director of Operations of the Canucks.     Smile

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/tbt-lindens-goodbye/

Ha! ha! ha!   Right on Itchy. This one is a real smash and grab deal.

Nowadays they have plastic glass instead of the real thing so the whole caboodle sways and rattles but  usually nobody get's seriously hurt, except that the thud of big bodies careening into the  barriers can be heard all around the stadium. In the NHL a player weighing 175 lbs is considered small and the average height is at least 6 feet tall with 6' 7" being considered slightly above average.

Me?  I would be looking for an opening between the opposing player's  legs to slide through to avoid permanent damage. A common sight  is a player with holes where the front teeth should be and broken noses. I suppose the  huge contracts they receive are considered to be adequate compensation for these injuries since they can afford the best  surgeons once their playing days are over. That is, if you survive--on occasion the odd player has died or been permanently incapacitated by deliberate hits, especially head hits which inevitably lead to concussion,  which they are now cracking down upon  -- and about time. They don't normally get a "sine die" suspension, like the renowned former Ranger's player Willie Woodburn  finally got to end his inglorious career, but several months suspension can really cost them.