Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

On 09/06/2016 at 5:02 PM, MM said:

Makes me wonder if Butcher is aiding Foran with his recruitment, either way good signing! I'm sure he could bag us around 15 goals next season.

I think that we can say with certainty that Foran will be speaking to his old managers/ former colleagues for advice and information. It's quite logical. 

Foran has played with a lot of players who will have went into coaching/managing/scouting and I've little doubt that he won't be working through his contacts for an inside scoop. 

I see Lee Cox is out of contract with Stevenage.  I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to see him return, provided Ryan Williams doesn't sign on again.  Could cover at right back as well.

• Agree 2

Higginbottom is an excellent player and just what we need behind the striker. I'd be surprised if we could get him because he should be in demand - would be fantastic if we managed this one!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PerfICT said:

Higginbottom is an excellent player and just what we need behind the striker. I'd be surprised if we could get him because he should be in demand - would be fantastic if we managed this one!

picking up a player of his quality on a free would be a major coup...lets hope we can do something to make us stand out from the crowd that's likely to be after him.... goals off the bench maybe....

• Agree 1

Going by Twitter he turned down a new deal with them (they must have rated him then).  Previously with Crumlin United in Ireland and Notts Forrest, with loan spells at Dagenham and Redbridge and Stevenage.

25 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Going by Twitter he turned down a new deal with them (they must have rated him then).  Previously with Crumlin United in Ireland and Notts Forrest, with loan spells at Dagenham and Redbridge and Stevenage.

We did offer Danny Devine a contract mind.

Still, another interesting signing. Young attacking player. If he knuckles down up here, turns in some good performances he could win himself a good deal back down south. This is likely what we will be selling these guys on. Fingers crossed he's a success.

5 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

picking up a player of his quality on a free would be a major coup...lets hope we can do something to make us stand out from the crowd that's likely to be after him.... goals off the bench maybe....

Length of contract might be the way to go. 3 year contract would be my call! C'mon Richie, do your stuff and get this guy in!

I'm sure I've read though that Rangers are paying for Josh Windass and Jordan Rossiter in the same scenario. It seems that the compensation is a fraction of what their club would have received had the player gone to another English club, but there is a fee to pay all the same.

A wee note to the person who drafted the ICT press release on Mulraney - there's a huge difference between him becoming "a fan's favourite" and "a fans' favourite" :lol:

Grammar and punctuation might seem pedantic, but it's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit!

• Agree 7

21 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

A wee note to the person who drafted the ICT press release on Mulraney - there's a huge difference between him becoming "a fan's favourite" and "a fans' favourite" :lol:

Grammar and punctuation might seem pedantic, but it's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit!

Yeah...that's exactly where my priorities were at today!!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1