Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

My two cents - Jamar Loza looks fairly quick and direct, more of a Miles Storey/Billy Mckay type.  His goal was a bit lucky though.  Not as good as El Alagui.  Gavin Gunning - Seemed to ball at everyone constantly and not always in a positive manner.  That, compared to his injury proneness and general odd behaviour means I would shed no tears if we didn't offer him a deal.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Dan Clark said:

Celtic's progress to the group stage of the Champions League has earned each of their Premiership rivals a bumper bonus of £200,000.

Slightly loose journalism. Scottish clubs will receive a 'solidarity bonus' in the region of two million pounds depending on the exchange rate with the Euro at the relevant time.

However, that goes to the SPFL and some will, quite properly, filter down to the lower leagues. Our share is likely to be closer to £100,000 than £200,000. Nevertheless a welcome bonus.

12 hours ago, Renegade said:

My two cents - Jamar Loza looks fairly quick and direct, more of a Miles Storey/Billy Mckay type.  His goal was a bit lucky though.  Not as good as El Alagui.

I understand for young players its hard to break into established big teams in England due to the cash they spend, but he's 22 and played only 34 senior games at any level (considering he's been out on load the last  4 seasons) scoring only twice. By the comment where being described as not as good as a 30 year old player with significant injury problems and never managed to establish himself in a team for any duration or scoring record doesn't really sound like the solution to our scoring issues at this level.

I was basing him on what I saw of El Alagui the last couple of weeks. In my opinion, Loza was not as good. 

Loza reminded me a wee bit of Ibra Sekajja.  Lots of place but never looked that dangerous. Think we need to take another look.

Edited by Renegade

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

if his attitude stinks - as has been suggested - then that can be a lot more detrimental to the morale of the overall squad than perhaps making do with what we have already. I guess RF is in the best spot to make that judgement. 

I googled Gavin Gunning and found this on Wikipedia:

"On 12 April 2016, Dundee United announced that Gunning had left the club by mutual consent, describing the decision as "a private matter". This came three days after a match against Inverness Caledonian Thistle during which Gunning, in what was described by the media as "a bizarre incident", had picked up the ball during play and walked off the pitch. He subsequently returned to the field to receive treatment for an injury before being substituted. It was reported that he had "sarcastically applauded" fans who verbally abused him over his conduct. Despite the club statement, manager Mixu Paatelainen subsequently clarified that while Gunning would not be considered for selection, he remained a Dundee United player and could return to training if he wished "or take an early summer holiday".

Perhaps he's a reformed character now and Richie will know how to get the best out of his fellow countryman?

• Agree 1

It should be noted that under Paatelainen, Tannadice had become a dysfunctional place and was riddled with bizarre and plain bad behaviour. Gunning was not alone .I know this after being treated to some information leaked from the dressing room directly - something that has never and does not happen at ICTFC. I would be a wee bit circumspect about some of the above posts.

40 minutes ago, Row S said:

Perhaps he's a reformed character now and Richie will know how to get the best out of his fellow countryman?

Perhaps. But 2 hot-headed Dubliners being placed together in a highly pressurised environment.....?

Its worth remembering that first time round at United Gunning was good, good enough to make the team of the year in his first season and then secure a contract with Birmingham at the end of his United deal. People are questioning his attitude, but to my knowledge this has only been an issue during his second period at United where he was playing under a manager who's idea of man management is bullying into submission. I do, however, have big worries about his knee(s). Don't think hes been fully fit since leaving United first time round.

Apparently Jamar Loza has not been offered a deal and has returned south.  I take it El Alagui's eage demands were too high.  The story about Foran not offering him a deal due to match fitness sounds like nonsense to me.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Renegade said:

Apparently Jamar Loza has not been offered a deal and has returned south.  I take it El Alagui's eage demands were too high.  The story about Foran not offering him a deal due to match fitness sounds like nonsense to me.

I watched the first half at station park on Tuesday and he did nothing memorable, if he had been offered a deal on the back of that I'd have been very concerned at Forans mindset. The goal he scored sounded like a bumble over the line than anything else. I just hope Richie's got other options open to him, getting close to the line now 

Those who know how Gunning was injured after signing for Birmingham know that without very strict man management, any contract might be higher risk that with most players. Potentially he is a very good player but he certainly has had problems since his first move from Dundee United. That said, ICT like to pride themselves on helping players and sometimes managers or assistants rehabilitate their careers. 

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

I watched the first half at station park on Tuesday and he did nothing memorable, if he had been offered a deal on the back of that I'd have been very concerned at Forans mindset. The goal he scored sounded like a bumble over the line than anything else. I just hope Richie's got other options open to him, getting close to the line now 

suffered the whole game, and saw nothing that would warrant a signing.  i'm actually happy that we've opted for not signing, rather than signing anyone we can get...

• Agree 2

effectively, 10 goals from 34 starts last season.... does look to have a fair bit more strength about him than Boden though!

under contract with Cercle until the summer, so we could have spent some of our budget that we don't have....

Edited by ictfcsince94