Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

Looks from the video like a pretty good player, although I realise those montages are made to make players look good! 

He's athletic and from watching the Hearts game on the weekend we desperately need athleticism upfront. His touch looks decent as well. 

A defender and another pacey attack minded player and I think we can push on.

23 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

SIGNING NEWS : Forward, Lonsana Doumbouya (26) joins #ICTFC from Cercle Brugge on a 2 year deal (subject to clearance). More info to follow…

He's a big lad at 1.93, but what rhymes with Doumbouya.......................

do you think we could shoe-horn 'Lonsana Doumbaya' in here....https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiKvbPjwNzOAhVKAcAKHUc6DrQQtwIIJjAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DELcmEv4pGJQ&usg=AFQjCNFVN5u1MihFlEch0sRNzePgP-86xg&bvm=bv.130731782,d.ZGg

Edited by ictfcsince94

Definitely a striker. Of more concern is that he's always played at a lower level than this, steadily progressing up the leagues to Belgium's 2nd division, which I think is generally a lower standard than our 2nd flight and often has crowds of a few hundred.

Scoring 9 goals a season there when you are in your prime hardly has a wow factor, but at the end of the day it's all about how the player's attributes can be used in our set up.

I read an interview from earlier this year in which he made clear his aspirations to be capped by Guinea, having apparently got onto their radar. Hopefully he scores enough here to achieve that.

(Today's BBC article describes him as a Guinean born Frenchman, but he was actually born in Nice to Guinean parents)

I see they also had Eidur Gudjohnsen a few seasons back and played in Europe around the same time.  According to transfermarkt.co.uk, Cercle bought Doumbouya for £213,000.  Strange then that only a year later they would let him go presumably for free.

Edited by Renegade

52 minutes ago, Renegade said:

According to transfermarkt.co.uk, Cercle bought Doumbouya for £213,000.  Strange then that only a year later they would let him go presumably for free.

That website was simply estimating his market value at the time, as they somehow do for all players. It's now 255,000 for today's transfer!

He joined Cercle when his deal with Tubize expired, having turned down an extension. So no fee. Cercle signed him for 2 years with a further year option, but were obviously happy to let him move on after just 1 year.

A 2 year deal. Foran must rate him highly if he has signed for 2 years. Quite an exciting signing for the club in my view. Lets hope he can do the business and give us a presence up front and more importantly score a few goals. 

3 hours ago, Peleistheman said:

Hope posters on here are going to give the guy a chance and no slagging off before he kicks a ball. Saw him on TV just now and he looks a big lad, just what we need up front in my opinion

Of course they will Peleistheman haven't you noticed we have the most tolerant, forgiving and patient people on this forum. How could you even think differently !!!!!    :whoosh:

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

The Sun report that Doumbouya negotiated his release due to financial problems at the club, but I've just read a Belgian article saying that he had simply fallen out of favour and had been dropped to the B team. Regardless, he does seem to have had offers from all over Europe, and chose to join us.

35 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

The Sun report that Doumbouya negotiated his release due to financial problems at the club, but I've just read a Belgian article saying that he had simply fallen out of favour and had been dropped to the B team. Regardless, he does seem to have had offers from all over Europe, and chose to join us.

Whatever, the Sun report can surely be disregarded.