Richie Foran new manager

rocky1

This is a no-brainer. Foran has been "groomed" for some time. Badges can be acquired in the meantime. But don't you think that there is one major advantage for the Board - Finance !! I think that the Worm would have wriggled home long before now. His heart was always with Villa and I strongly suspect that he will not leave them in their current predicament. Plus he was very anti-merger.

No doubt IHE knows more about "grooming" than me, but I can't see Foran taking over from Hughes as good idea.  Whatever his potential as a manager may be, he first either needs to be in charge at a lower level or be appointed as number 2 at a bigger club.  He needs the first hand experience and to prove he can do the job.

• Agree 3

He's one of the 7 players signed for next season:

Signed until the end of season (2018-19):
• Gary Warren
• Ross Draper

Signed until the end of season (2017-18):
• John Hughes - Manager
• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager

• Ryan Esson

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings
• Carl Tremarco

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:15 PM, rocky1 said:

Is it time to call it quits with John Hughes acknowledging he has brought success to the club but it appears he has run his course .

Great coach but obviously not capable of building a team from lower league players that we can afford.

Give Richie a chance and give him a Donald Park or Kevin Macdonald as coach ( the latter did no bad with Leicester as we can see )

yogi laugh.jpg

I bet JH is feeling really wanted when he reads all this bull about Foran taking over as manager. The guy WAS a great player but great players don't automatically become decent managers.I don't know if he has any coaching badges but badges don't make a decent manager! He has NO experience so he would need to get some under his belt BEFORE he could even be considered to manage a team in the top division.

FFS give Yogi a break and let him get on with the job this club is paying him to do. He has already led us to levels we could only dream about and we all know why he can't be expected to repeat this marvellous achievement.

• Agree 5

Just now, caleyboy said:

I bet JH is feeling really wanted when he reads all this bull about Foran taking over as manager. The guy WAS a great player but great players don't automatically become decent managers.I don't know if he has any coaching badges but badges don't make a decent manager! He has NO experience so he would need to get some under his belt BEFORE he could even be considered to manage a team in the top division.

FFS give Yogi a break and let him get on with the job this club is paying him to do. He has already led us to levels we could only dream about and we all know why he can't be expected to repeat this marvellous achievement.

My feelings exactly!

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

I see that horrid, serial plagiarist of a Facebook page ICT Loyal Army have asked if people would like to see Butcher back.  A depressing amount are saying yes. :blink:

One fan reckons though that if Yogi was to leave, we should bring in Ronny Deila! :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I see that horrid, serial plagiarist of a Facebook page ICT Loyal Army have asked if people would like to see Butcher back.  A depressing amount are saying yes. :blink:

One fan reckons though that if Yogi was to leave, we should bring in Ronny Deila! :laugh:

Barry Ferguson was also suggested....

7 hours ago, Renegade said:

Why why why Deila?

• Agree 1

JH with that win yesterday has effectively done what his remit would suggest for a club our size.... avoid relegation. Well done JH... lets look to get some of the lads signed up for next season so you have some continuity in the squad and build from there.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

TBH, I fully expect DUtd to part company with Mixu as he has done nothing at the club and taken them backwards from even the Jackie position, there is no doubt they are going down and in that case I would think they will come north looking for a new manager - but which one would get offered the job or want it more.

I'm sure JH would jump at the chance of getting away from all the crap he gets up here. I hear his relationship with the powers that be is now a bit strained so you never know, maybe they are trying to **** him off with their unrealistic budgets etc. 

12 hours ago, caleyboy said:

I'm sure JH would jump at the chance of getting away from all the crap he gets up here. I hear his relationship with the powers that be is now a bit strained so you never know, maybe they are trying to **** him off with their unrealistic budgets etc. 

Equally, maybe the board are getting a bit tired of his negative comments in the press about the club. Can't say I'd be too chuffed if one of my employees was running the company down. Just a thought.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Equally, maybe the board are getting a bit tired of his negative comments in the press about the club. Can't say I'd be too chuffed if one of my employees was running the company down. Just a thought.

:lol:  I'm tired of negative comments too.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

16 hours ago, caleyboy said:

A budget that ensures that the club lives within it's means and doesn't flirt with administration can't be described as unrealistic. Quite the contrary and JH's budget for next season would have been greater had he not failed to guide the team to victory over horribly out of form lower league opposition in the cup quarter final. There was a fairly easy path to the final in the form of two very poor teams. Failure to negation that path would have cost the club in excess of half a million pounds.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

A budget that ensures that the club lives within it's means and doesn't flirt with administration can't be described as unrealistic. Quite the contrary and JH's budget for next season would have been greater had he not failed to guide the team to victory over horribly out of form lower league opposition in the cup quarter final. There was a fairly easy path to the final in the form of two very poor teams. Failure to negation that path would have cost the club in excess of half a million pounds.

The budget IS unrealistic for SPL football - a fact you are unwilling to accept. As far as costing the club in excess of £500k I would ask you what the club has done with the near £1m he made in the past? You seem to knock his every move but considering his selection problems during the past season and his budget restraints I believe our support should be happy with 7th or 8th place. All things considered I would be happy with SPL survival every season.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Yogi has taken a lot of undue flack this season I reckon. 

For a start I don't think any club in the league (outwith Celtic maybe, but even they miss Van Djyk) would cope losing 3 of their key players. Even our first choice replacement for Mckay (Ofere) left. The void left by Shinnie and Watkins has been vast. 

Then not having the club captain, the most experienced defender and leader (Warren), needing a new goalie, as well as having near 10 players or more out for half the season. Are people mad?! Where on earth do they expect the resources to come to sort that? 

Even when we signed players they just got injured.

Hughes has had a hand tied behind his back all season and it's to his credit we're safe and just missed top 6.

We go again. 

Edited by iamthecaptain1
Atrocious error of phrase
  • Agree 11