Inverness CT -V- Kilmarnock

A big fault of Storey, which shows that he is not a natural striker, is that he tends not to shoot early but he shows how dangerous his pace is out wide with a gem of a cross and Meekings misses a sitter, again at the back post. And another mistake by Devine gives away a corner. Give Kille their due - they are really fighting for their survival.

You can practically see the shoulders of Killie dropping that few inches. Kris Boyd looks like a burst Bouncing Castle. And Danny Williams clicks in the third which basically ensures Premier league football next season. Was that penalty and red card a feckin match changer or not ?

That should give the Arabs a boost. Looks like a 3 horse race at the bottom. So nice to be able to sit back and watch. BUT Lady Luck was really with us today and Gawd knows what would have happened if the pen incident did not happen. Still that is all part of the game and we did take full advantage for once. There is only one Ballatoni. And the. Game ends fittingly with a corner and ICT attacking and Storey almost gets the fourth as the final whistle blows. PHEW 

• Agree 1

Well, turned out all right in the end.  We actually looked quite good in last half hour, but even then Killie gave us a couple of problems!. But, now we can relax for last four games and hopefully secure 7th spot in the league.  Not the greatest result after our heroics of last season, but I'll take it, if that is how it pans out. Liked Tremarco today, and Mutumbo looked sharp at the end, don't know why he doesn't get a start.

All in all, a satisfactory Sunday, now I can watch the snooker with a smile!

A tale of half hours: Killie on top for first 30, even Stevens next 30, ICT on top final 30. The sending off drained the spirit out of Killie and we picked them off with a corner + a wonderful passing move for the 3rd, surviving a couple of scares in the process. Draper did really well getting beyond the strikers and Tremarco was at his combative best.

Important to finish strongly and not go to the beach just yet: Each position is worth £££s.

Now let's sort out our signings for next year.

32 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

.... But, now we can relax for last four games ....

It was indeed a massive result, and a much needed three points.  But everyone has been saying "Beat Killie and we are safe!".

Unless I am missing something, we still need one more point to be absolutely sure.  If Killie won their last four games they would have 44 - but our goal difference is much better. Unlikely, I know, but so are Leicester City...

Am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

It was indeed a massive result, and a much needed three points.  But everyone has been saying "Beat Killie and we are safe!".

Unless I am missing something, we still need one more point to be absolutely sure.  If Killie won their last four games they would have 44 - but our goal difference is much better. Unlikely, I know, but so are Leicester City...

Am I missing something?

No you're not missing anything. I suppose the thinking is that the combination of results is now highly unlikely, if not impossible. We should not be satisfied with 10th when 7th is within our grasp, however.

Good performance following the penalty and red card. We seem to be good at taking advantage when the opposition are down to 10 men (last years Scottish cup semi springs to mind). 

We defended fairly well for most of the game. Devine is a bit of a bombscare at times, he seems like he has the right tools to be a good centre back but positionally he is all over the place at times and he's been error prone this season. Tremarco is becoming one of our most consistent performers and JH made the right call in giving him a chance to prove his worth this season. 

Still baffled as to why Storey isn't play through the middle. I know he started upfront today but he was often drifting out to the wings and is generally not as effective there. He's good at finding gaps between defenders and he's dangerous when playing on the shoulder of the last defender. I heard the commentator say his contract is up at Swindon at the end of the season so hopefully we'll make him an offer, but I'd imagine we would have done so by now if that was our plans. 

• Agree 1

Deserved win today and for once the luck went for us for the penalty as we may have struggled without that boost. Today did again highlight some issues again for me. While everyone has been bemoaning our performances up front, I think defensively we were poor again today. Meekings is not a full back, only cover if nobody else to play. He quite often goes missing and caught out of position when attacking and defensively is not as effective as when playing centre back. Devine is too much of a bomb scare for me at times and his distribution can be very poor. I think this is part of the reason Warren is not playing as effectively as he can. Stand out performer in defence recently has been Tremarco.

As for Yogi not appearing interested, don't know where that comes from, he was certainly up and shouting for large parts of the game.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Well, turned out all right in the end.  We actually looked quite good in last half hour, but even then Killie gave us a couple of problems!. But, now we can relax for last four games and hopefully secure 7th spot in the league.  Not the greatest result after our heroics of last season, but I'll take it, if that is how it pans out. Liked Tremarco today, and Mutumbo looked sharp at the end, don't know why he doesn't get a start.

All in all, a satisfactory Sunday, now I can watch the snooker with a smile!

Well it was lovely seeing Inverness on the tele in the sunshine! Overall we were the better side..quite how the Killie went in at HT 1-0 to the good is beyond me, although they looked sharp straight after the break. The penalty/sending off sealed the points for us really...thought Storey was excellent as were Vigurs/Polworth. And defensively largely solid. Enjoyable game to watch

And CMIB if you think you've got a smile on, watching the snooker, imagine my smile when my other team won their FA Cup semi-final. So for the third year running I am off to a Cup Final, just hope Palace can match Caley's result from last year!

• Agree 4

43 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

...thought Storey was excellent as were Vigurs/Polworth. And defensively largely solid.

Funny how other people around you in the stand can negatively affect your impression of players! And annoying actually....when I buy my season ticket next season I'll be changing my seat!! Didn't think Vigurs had a good game, but clearly someone behind me hates him! The north stand managers are really starting to get on my tits! Can the youth team please make an appearance again in order to drown them out?! 

Typical ICT game - nervous! But, cracking result. Great possession throughout; need to sort out the stray passes though, and the final ball, inject some pace, be a bit more direct....maybe play like they did against county, that would do it!

just gutted I dinna have the sky sports to re-watch the game, and no YouTube highlights either! Spiffle and their soul selling....

Edited by ictfcsince94
  • Agree 1

• Scotty featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic