Inverness CT -V- Kilmarnock

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

Someone on P&B was saying that words were exchanged between Hughes and Rice at one point!  

Not surprising, Rice will stand there shouting instruction at the players then Hughes pops out and tells them something different. No wonder the players look confused at times.  

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

Someone on P&B was saying that words were exchanged between Hughes and Rice at one point!  Something I've wondered about Foran on the bench, is it purely a ceremonial role?  In recent weeks, we've taken off Storey and brought the soon to be departing and out of position Danny Williams on upfront ahead of Foran.  Even stranger, at Tannadice the other week at half time I was stood by the barrier over the looking the pitch when I saw Richie Foran walking down the touchline with a drink in hand.  Lucozade?  Water?  No, coffee!  Doesn't seem like the type of beverage someone about to come on the park would be drinking!

Definitely not very choice words exchanged between JH and Rice yesterday .Certainly not a happy atmosphere in or out of the dugout .Not very encorouaging for fans .

5 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I didn't hear it.  I don't know why it appears not to have been published but it was certainly a very poor crowd.  It would not surprise me if that was our lowest ever top flight league crowd at TCS.

From what I can garner from 'looking back' through the records of our SPL/Premiership home games, it is indeed a record low crowd - for the Caledonian Stadium.

Obviously, there have been lower crowds for some Cup games - and we dipped below 2,000 on a few occasions when we were using Pittodrie as our home.
But, reliable figures from our first period in the SPL are difficult to source - so I've reluctantly used Wikipedia's entries for that period. So could be subject to error...I'm happy to stand corrected.

But, for now, the 2,228 is the record low crowd for a top-tier league fixture at the TCS.

5 minutes ago, izzy said:

Definitely not very choice words exchanged between JH and Rice yesterday .Certainly not a happy atmosphere in or out of the dugout .Not very encorouaging for fans .

....and probably even less encouraging for the players...

5 minutes ago, izzy said:

Och, even the best of friends can find the atmosphere strained and can even fall-out at times when they're away on holiday! :lol:

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Sneckboy said:

Och, even the best of friends can find the atmosphere strained and can even fall-out at times when they're away on holiday! :lol:

32 minutes ago, izzy said:

It seems to be a recurring thing though.  As I sit in the North Stand I didn't see it, but I was told that when Motherwell scored the winner the other week Hughes ran screaming into the face of Ryan Esson blaming him for it!  There's something amiss at the club right now and for one can't shift this end-of-days feeling at the moment.  I've said it before, I've felt for a couple of weeks now that I really have a feeling Yogi is going to chuck it at the end of the season.  I've had no tip-offs or anything like that, but just have an inkling that he won't be with us much longer.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Renegade said:

It seems to be a recurring thing though.  As I sit in the North Stand I didn't see it, but I was told that when Motherwell scored the winner the other week Hughes ran screaming into the face of Ryan Esson blaming him for it!  There's something amiss at the club right now and for one can't shift this end-of-days feeling at the moment.  I've said it before, I've felt for a couple of weeks now that I really have a feeling Yogi is going to chuck it at the end of the season.  I've had no tip-offs or anything like that, but just have an inkling that he won't be with us much longer.

I have no idea if you are right but I certainly won't be losing any sleep over that prospect.

6 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Who would you like to see come in Kingsmills? Working for a club that can barely get 3000 at home games and has the lowest budget in the league.

I think there are several better options but I also think that it's not a debate worth having with a manager currently in place and no credible evidence that he is departing any time soon.

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

He also had a real go at Polworth not so long ago.  Whatever, the reason for him being annoyed, it is not good man management to give someone such public abuse.  It's also not good man management for the club to allow it to be repeated.  But there are other things that suggests all is not well behind the scenes.  CaleyD posted a clip of the pre-match interview with Hughes on the Raven thread and someone commented that more than once he referred to the match as being on Saturday.  In fact, I think he did so 3 times!  Now, one can perhaps understand the odd slip of the tongue or even that he just had it in his mind it was Saturday for some reason, but what struck me was that nobody corrected him!  Why?  It's the sort of error that you would expect someone to correct and that the person making the error would make a bit of a joke about - "better it being on a Saturday and me not turning up till Sunday" sort of thing.  Everybody has a laugh and you move on.  But on 3 occasions nobody corrected him and, as a result, made him look like a fool.  Were they apprehensive about how he might react?  

And despite emphasising how important it was to finish as high as possible in order to get more money for contracts, he stated he didn't know how much more the different places were worth!  I would have thought it was etched in his brain and was routinely being used to motivate the team.  It came across as a rather tense interview.  It was certainly a very different John Hughes from the John Hughes of last season when his infectious enthusiasm made so many people warm to him.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

He also had a real go at Polworth not so long ago.  Whatever, the reason for him being annoyed, it is not good man management to give someone such public abuse.  It's also not good man management for the club to allow it to be repeated.  But there are other things that suggests all is not well behind the scenes.  CaleyD posted a clip of the pre-match interview with Hughes on the Raven thread and someone commented that more than once he referred to the match as being on Saturday.  In fact, I think he did so 3 times!  Now, one can perhaps understand the odd slip of the tongue or even that he just had it in his mind it was Saturday for some reason, but what struck me was that nobody corrected him!  Why?  It's the sort of error that you would expect someone to correct and that the person making the error would make a bit of a joke about - "better it being on a Saturday and me not turning up till Sunday" sort of thing.  Everybody has a laugh and you move on.  But on 3 occasions nobody corrected him and, as a result, made him look like a fool.  Were they apprehensive about how he might react?  

And despite emphasising how important it was to finish as high as possible in order to get more money for contracts, he stated he didn't know how much more the different places were worth!  I would have thought it was etched in his brain and was routinely being used to motivate the team.  It came across as a rather tense interview.  It was certainly a very different John Hughes from the John Hughes of last season when his infectious enthusiasm made so many people warm to him.

The one thing that struck me about that interview was how he looked.  Look at the difference in the pictures from last season where he looks bright and healthy.  In that press conference he looks like he's aged about 10 years!  

Public abuse of other club employees, strange subliminal digs at the board in the press, bemoaning the clubs size/level of influence on transfer targets, rumours of a cold stance behind the scenes and poor man management, openly talking of letting go Raven in order to get a more forward-minded player in without explaining what the plan is for the defence and not forgetting of course, the weird Russell Latapy departure which was never really explained.  There's something not right here.  There's also the fact that Foran seems to be getting no game time at all now, not even as a late sub, while Jordan Roberts has gone from being the main man only few weeks ago, to disappearing from the matchday squad completely, says a heck of a lot in my opinion.  What the heck is going on at the club right now?!

• Agree 4

31 minutes ago, Renegade said:

The one thing that struck me about that interview was how he looked.  Look at the difference in the pictures from last season where he looks bright and healthy.  In that press conference he looks like he's aged about 10 years!  

Public abuse of other club employees, strange subliminal digs at the board in the press, bemoaning the clubs size/level of influence on transfer targets, rumours of a cold stance behind the scenes and poor man management, openly talking of letting go Raven in order to get a more forward-minded player in without explaining what the plan is for the defence and not forgetting of course, the weird Russell Latapy departure which was never really explained.  There's something not right here.  There's also the fact that Foran seems to be getting no game time at all now, not even as a late sub, while Jordan Roberts has gone from being the main man only few weeks ago, to disappearing from the matchday squad completely, says a heck of a lot in my opinion.  What the heck is going on at the club right now?!

I would love to be proved wrong but I fear that what the heck is happening to our club is that Yogi is doing what Yogi has a track record of doing....

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

Who the hell would want the job with a budget like ours? It's the people above him that need changing.

Who the hell would want the job ? Were the position to become vacant there would be 50 CVs in the Chairman's inbox within 48 hours at least a dozen of which will be from high quality credible applicants...

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Who the hell would want the job ? Were the position to become vacant there would be 50 CVs in the Chairman's inbox within 48 hours at least a dozen of which will be from high quality credible applicants...

Believe what you want but reality is completely different.

• Disagree 4

Why oh why are we STILL blabbering on about JH going and who his replacement might be? We bluddy won the match? Between this nonsense on here and listening to people in the stand criticise everything the players and management do during a match its no wonder we have crap attendances! It's other 'fans' that put me off attending not the quality of the football on display. :frustrated01: :frustrated01:

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 2

3 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Why oh why are we STILL blabbering on about JH going and who his replacement might be? We bluddy won the match? Between this nonsense on here and listening to people in the stand criticise everything the players and management do during a match its no wonder we have crap attendances! It's other 'fans' that put me off attending not the quality of the football on display. :frustrated01: :frustrated01:

I've never heard of anything so ridiculous. Put off attending a football game by what someone says on a football forum? Get a grip.

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Well said, this nonsense is picked up and discussed and passed on and can breed discontent amongst supporters.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Well said, this nonsense is picked up and discussed and passed on and can breed discontent amongst supporters.

On the contrary, what breeds discontent is poor, unentertaining and generally unsuccessful football compounded by very mediocre players being brought in at the same time as proven and committed players are being shown the door...

• Agree 7

Our football over the last two seasons has been generally entertaining .......some comments on here haven't been

All managers bring in players that don't satisfy the fans from time to time.....some have

Sometimes it is prudent to show players the door regardless of what fans think, not that I am in favour of that but it is all down to circumstances some of which we never get to know about.

• Agree 2

People seem to forget that WE pay to attend the football which is meant to be entertainment. Each one of us pays towards the running of the club and therefore the players. If I go to the cinema, theatre or any other entertainment stream then it seems to be acceptable to comment on the quality, performance and maybe even the director or cast, same if I go for dinner I can criticise the food, service or even the management for staffing or service issues yet it seems to some that on here its not acceptable to comment on what we pay to see on the pitch or around the club.

This is a fan forum therefore the correct platform to discuss and comment on issues, every opinion is valid whether agreed with or not by everyone - right now there are concerns about the lack of information, transparency and messages coming out of the club so we have a right to comment on these. If people think this can affect the club in a negative way, then I'd suggest that the club are the only ones to resolve this - surely its better to have a public platform with concerns which can be reviewed and addressed than people keep their discord private and just end up drifting away without the club having an understanding of reasons?

• Agree 7

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic