PLASTIC WHISTLE - The Final Frontier

As Sneckboy has alluded to on a number of occasions Firhill continues to be our hoodoo venue. Time to shake the monkey of our back and secure our Premier place without having to rely on others. Yogi will probably go unchanged from the Killie game BUT I would go like this:

Fon Williams

Raven  Meekings  Warren  Tremarco

Polworth

Tansey  Vigurs

Draper

Mutombo  Storey

The defence is self-explanatory and Devine needs to be rested. I would put Polworth in the "Tansey" position. He can do the short and long passing game well. That should put Tansey and Vigurs higher up the pitch. Raven and Tremarco are only too capable of providing the cover. Put Draper where he can use his aerial ability and ghost in to the box. Play Mutombo and Storey right up front and use their pace and energy.

• Agree 4

38 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Me thinks one of your selection is suspended

Spot on! Vigurs has to miss the next two fixtures through suspension.
But, as IHE alluded to me alluding (!), this is the only fixture we've yet to 'tick-off'!
I'll 'bump' the appropriate thread in a moment.

Edited by Sneckboy

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

As Sneckboy has alluded to on a number of occasions Firhill continues to be our hoodoo venue. Time to shake the monkey of our back and secure our Premier place without having to rely on others. Yogi will probably go unchanged from the Killie game BUT I would go like this:

Fon Williams

Raven  Meekings  Warren  Tremarco

Polworth

Tansey  Vigurs

Draper

Mutombo  Storey

The defence is self-explanatory and Devine needs to be rested. I would put Polworth in the "Tansey" position. He can do the short and long passing game well. That should put Tansey and Vigurs higher up the pitch. Raven and Tremarco are only too capable of providing the cover. Put Draper where he can use his aerial ability and ghost in to the box. Play Mutombo and Storey right up front and use their pace and energy.

Can't argue with this. Foran in for Vigurs, due to suspension?

• Agree 1

Would be nice to see a couple of development players who are to be given a contract for next year feature in these last few games now that safety is all but guaranteed, instead of the likes of Williams and Vincent who will be moving to a rival club next season. There must be another Shinnie/Ross/Christie/Polworth coming through.

• Agree 1

I quite like IHE's suggestion, but am a bit of a "tried and tested" individual myself, so:

Fon Williams

Raven Warren Meekings Tremarco

Draper Tansey

Mutombo Polworth Williams

Storey

18 minutes ago, Kingofthenorth said:

Would be nice to see a couple of development players who are to be given a contract for next year feature in these last few games now that safety is all but guaranteed, instead of the likes of Williams and Vincent who will be moving to a rival club next season. There must be another Shinnie/Ross/Christie/Polworth coming through.

I disagree. There is circa £200,000 difference in prize money between tenth and seventh spot. We need to play our strongest team between now and the end of the season. The extra cash available could be the difference between being able to recruit and retain the players we want for next season or not.

• Agree 6

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I disagree. There is circa £200,000 difference in prize money between tenth and seventh spot. We need to play our strongest team between now and the end of the season. The extra cash available could be the difference between being able to recruit and retain the players we want for next season or not.

spot on Kingsmills.

23 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

But more importantly who are the "team" in the stand and where are we going to wet our whistles ?

I see TopSix on fb saying Crosslands, Queen Maggie Drive

2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

I see TopSix on fb saying Crosslands, Queen Maggie Drive

That's the current plan. A few of the Glasgow-based boys are having a bit of breakfast up at mine at the classy end of Maryhill Rd :wink: and a couple of drinks locally, then heading down to Crosslands, hopefully for half twelve or so. It's best known as the pub from Trainspotting, and has a cracking beer garden if the weather is OK. It's no more than 10 mins walk from Firhill. Only drawback is that it's not all that close to a station, but you can either get a tube to Hillhead and walk up Byres Rd and then up QM Drive, or get a 60 or 61 up Maryhill Road and jump off at the top of QM Drive.

Oh, and it seems to be calling itself 'So What Comes Next?' these days. Stupid name for a pub. But it's the only pub on Queen Margaret Drive, so you can't miss it.

Queen Margaret Drive--isn't that the address of the BBC ...when I was a youngster I mean, listening to Children's hour and Dick Barton, Special Agent?

C'mon Bughtie and IBM - you surely remember these programmes?  With Kathleen Garscadden as the always present co--ordinator on the Children's hour. :notworthy:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

You have got me there with the BBC address Scarlet and childrens' hour. The programmes 'we' listened to were more 'grown up' along with Dick Barton there was PC 49, the Quatermass experiment  The Goon show etc etc. but I think we have been here before in another thread.

Jock Watt will no doubt tell you I. e. If he wasn't out there strutting his stuff on the dance floor at Dalneigh.

Apologies I digress again.

Edited by bughtmaster
Off topic

14 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Queen Margaret Drive--isn't that the address of the BBC ...when I was a youngster I mean, listening to Children's hour and Dick Barton, Special Agent?

C'mon Bughtie and IBM - you surely remember these programmes?  With Kathleen Garscadden as the always present co--ordinator on the Children's hour. :notworthy:

Quite right Scarlet but probably not as far back as you being a youngster! BBC Scotland HQ was opposite Botanic Gardens at end of QMD until they moved to Pacific Quay about 10 years ago. 

• Agree 1

There you Go!  Scarlet's memory has not deteriorated as much as he thought.....unless I just remember the nicer things in my past life....like rolling Easter eggs down a farmers field up the Leachkin , close to where IHE used to work or play at a later date, on a very nice sunny afternoon. I must have been under school age at that time.

Perhaps IHE wasn't even born then but was looking down at us from the spirit  world and decided that that was the area he wanted to be in at some future time in his life after the big event did happen.---of course the reason was obvious...that Scarlet had already blessed it with his presence and he needed to bask in it until he was bigger. Now he basks in his own bright, shining aura of good humour and excellence.

Oh My! What have I done..there must be a comeback  now from himself.:laugh:

• Disagree 1

Dalgety Bay, wow.!

Ten years ago represents a very long time since Scarlet was wee and always needed a p...lace in the world.

The Beeb did very well to have stayed in the same location for almost a hundred years as it appears . But are they as good now as they were in them thar days so long ago. Frankly, I don't even know if they still have a radio service, let alone the Third Programme and the Home Service with Alvar Laddel? Does anyone reading this remember the latter gentleman?

:clapping:

• Disagree 1