Hamilton Away Bus

HAMILTON AWAY - WEDNESDAY 11TH MAY

Trying to gauge interest for a bus for the last away game of the season. If anyone is interested please either post here or DM. More details will follow once we know how many people are interested

• Agree 3

It would be a nice gesture if there was a wealthy businessman / woman out there who could subsidise a small bus for this game . Hard luck if the loyal supporters who travel to all away games can't get to last one of season . Got my begging bowl in hand ,in hope :-)

• Agree 1

Wishful thinking. But maybe something to look at for new season. I believe Ross County supporters have their supporters bus/ buses subsidised by one of the board over the bridge.

1 hour ago, Hearach said:

Wishful thinking. But maybe something to look at for new season. I believe Ross County supporters have their supporters bus/ buses subsidised by one of the board over the bridge.

Never give up hope !! .We have a few days yet .You never know who may hear our plight   :-/

still a few names short but hoping a few people will come forward over the weekend.  A decision will be made on Monday so if anyone is interested, please put your names down over asap.

Bus will be leaving Inverness at 3.30pm with a quick stop at Broxden.

Edited by highlandexile
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, izzy said:

It would be a nice gesture if there was a wealthy businessman / woman out there who could subsidise a small bus for this game . Hard luck if the loyal supporters who travel to all away games can't get to last one of season . Got my begging bowl in hand ,in hope :-)

If you are a few short why not pay £25 a head. 

A sponsor would want people to know that they are subsidising transport.

Perhaps the club would allow a picure of a red and blue horisontal striped bus the same as the current players top in the bar, CJT end ? Lengthen the bus to suit and always have one empty window available, at each window is a sponsors name/company. £380 sponsors 1 seat for the season. If you can get 10 for the season that would help a lot. Providing it doesn't detract from the club being sponsored.

No point becoming lazy with the bus being booked anyway idea with 10 seats covered. There are cheaper buses out there and if less than 16 want to go then there should still be a plan B. I'm assuming the bus is booked through the correct channels to reduce costs.

With 600+ CJT members send an email with bus details if ony 1% take it up as it's the last away game, is still 6 more.

Some of us would be quite happy to pay more but unfortunately not everyone can. For example it becomes an expensive day out for a family of four once you add in your match tickets and eats. I certainly don't expect my travel to be subsidised but I think it is important to get as many fans as possible to away matches.  New season coming up and lots of fresh ideas to explore.

• Agree 2

The League should help to subsidise away tickets thus reducing the overall cost to supporters, and hopefully increasing the attendances... People are fickle creatures and would end up spending the same amount of money, but more would take up the option of travelling away. 

Also, not every supporter is a member of CJT or CTO so maybe bus information should be more obvious on the official fb page or the ICTFC website? Either the ability to book it or at the very least the contact number. 

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

The League should help to subsidise away tickets thus reducing the overall cost to supporters, and hopefully increasing the attendances... People are fickle creatures and would end up spending the same amount of money, but more would take up the option of travelling away. 

Also, not every supporter is a member of CJT or CTO so maybe bus information should be more obvious on the official fb page or the ICTFC website? Either the ability to book it or at the very least the contact number. 

We put bus details on here and also in the CJT facebook page which is an open forum which has over 1,000 people on it.  There is a dedicated phone which is advertised all season and bus seats can be booked on line via everbright.  But going forward maybe the club next season will allow us more advertising space on their website and maybe even on match day with a tanoy announcement.  CJT will also be launching a new website in the close season which should have all the information on it.

CJT are also hoping for much more communication with regards the busses next season so any suggestions are welcome. 

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

I might be wrong but did the bus information not used to be in the programme years ago?  Certainly having it in there can only benefit the bus really.

that is definitely something we are going to be looking into for next season.  The more information we can get out there the better.

On another positive note, we have had a few more names in for the bus yesterday so the bus will definitely run to Hamilton.  However, we still have a few places so get your names in.

Bus leaving both the caley club then the stadium, lets try and fill it for the last away game of the season.

• Agree 5