Friday's Game

Big G

With Dundee having the chance to relegate United on Monday what would you prefer,  a relegated team coming north on Friday or us being able to hammer the nail in the coffin. 

Personally I would love to relegate this club after a history of events between the clubs leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.  First was the reluctance to pay the full fee agreed for Barry Robson and then refusing to pay money due to ICT when Robson was sold on.  The tapping up of Brewster after they were refused permission to speak to him and then Stephen Thomson saying teams like Inverness brought nothing to the SPL as it then was. 

Relegating this club at TCS would be a nice feeling

To be honest, I'd prefer that United beat Dundee tomorrow and we beat United on Friday....but not to settle old scores. United can't catch us, but Dundee could still finish above us and there's serious money still to play for.

• Agree 9

Not a nice feeling being relegated and I feel for the Dundee United fans who follow their team home and away. The only thing that matters now for us is that we finish in 7th spot and, as PerfICT has said, we maximise prize money. 

• Agree 4

DUtd fans have all but given up hope, even for the Dundee derby many aren't going - even if DUtd win the derby the travelling support for Fri will be small, if they loose it might be non-existent. Combine Friday night KO time, people having work etc, the away fans having given up, the home club having patchy attendance at best, wouldn't be surprising to see this as a sub 2k crowd unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

DUtd fans have all but given up hope, even for the Dundee derby many aren't going - even if DUtd win the derby the travelling support for Fri will be small, if they loose it might be non-existent. Combine Friday night KO time, people having work etc, the away fans having given up, the home club having patchy attendance at best, wouldn't be surprising to see this as a sub 2k crowd unfortunately.

Plus it is on BT Sport as well!   But, small crowd or not, let's hope for a good win to keep our nice little run going.  Amazing how two wins has brought some confidence and optimism back to our forum.  Long may it continue.  7th place, here we come.

Onwards and upwards.

• Agree 1

The way our team are playing of late it would be pretty daft not to go on Friday.

It's a shame for the United fans and it's a shame for any fans to see their club relegated but you support your team through thick and thin, so I don't see why United's fans would want to hide on Friday night. Way higher than 2,000.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the game about as much as any this season.  Any lingering relegation worries are gone and in the last few games we seem to be seeing a rather more positive approach with more attractive, attacking football as a result.  It should be an opportunity for the team to play with a bit of freedom.  In addition, with there being concerns about attendances and the need to boost the numbers coming through the gates there really should be an emphasis on entertaining the fans.  

Not really bothered, tbh, just want us to finish as high up the table as we can. If we win all 5 post split games we finish above Dundee anyway. I just hope we play like we have for the past couple of games. 

Is there likely to be any sort of incentive ie kids free or under 16 £5 ?.It would be good to get a reasonable size crowd for the sake of the TV. After Saturday's game even though we are safe I'm looking forward to another quality display .Its days like that we need to encourage new fans and also S T holders to renew their tickets . Keep up the good work it was a class act all round.

• Agree 3

The Dundee United result did not go for us on two counts: first, Dundee are now back above us and second, the crowd on Friday night will be even smaller. The only plus is that United will likely have zero appetite for the game and should be for the taking. They might not have a manager either.

The pressure of the situation is off them and the pressure of the crowd is off them.  They might actually be able to enjoy playing for a change.  We under-estimate them at our peril.  Their out of contract players will also be out to impress a premiership manager who is known to be looking for new players! I think it should be a good, open, competitive game of football.  

• Agree 3

On he other hand if we hit them hard with a couple of early goals we could see opponents that are utterly demoralised with the loss of premier status, a club in turmoil snd their manager about to take an early bath.

We should see very entertaining stuff from ICT though  :ictscarf:

There will be at least 2 away fans, I know a couple who are travelling up for the game.  At first I couldn't imagine why they would bother, then I remembered that the alternative for them was a Friday night in Dundee.

• Agree 3

56 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

There will be at least 2 away fans, I know a couple who are travelling up for the game.  At first I couldn't imagine why they would bother, then I remembered that the alternative for them was a Friday night in Dundee.

I can't see the Inverness Arabs staying away for this one.

The club have offered free tickets to the children of Hilton Primary, I'm assuming they may have approached the other local schools too....if this encourages some adults to attend too, it may fill up the stands for the cameras if nothing else.

cancel that - this is actually for the final game of the season vs Dundee. My mistook! :hiding02:

Edited by ictfcsince94
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

The club have offered free tickets to the children of Hilton Primary, I'm assuming they may have approached the other local schools too....if this encourages some adults to attend too, it may fill up the stands for the cameras if nothing else.

cancel that - this is actually for the final game of the season vs Dundee. My mistook! :hiding02:

Is this not done in conjunction with CJT? I'm sure there is some scheme whereby a different group or school are given tickets each home game

13 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

There's an open invite to any school that wants to take kids along to a game.  In fact, it's not just schools as any kids/youth groups can contact the club and request tickets.

The club gave away over 3000 free tickets to such groups last season.  Not sure of numbers for this season, but I'd imagine it would be in the same ballpark.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Is this not done in conjunction with CJT? I'm sure there is some scheme whereby a different group or school are given tickets each home game

That used to be the case and the scheme served as a proving ground to encourage the clubs current approach to getting groups of kids along to games.  As you can see from the 3000 figure above, it has grown quite considerably from the seeds sown by CJT.

• Agree 1

Thinking there what I'd play for tonight.  A Marcelo Bielsa hipster-style 3-3-1-3 for me!

Fon Williams

Raven Warren Meekings

Tansey

Draper--------------------Tremarco

Mutombo

Storey--------------Foran------------Roberts

Subs - Esson, Polworth, Devine, Hughes, R.Williams, Horner, D.Williams

Edited by Renegade

Fon WIlliams

Horner  Warren Meekings  Tremarco

Draper

Roberts        Polly  Tansey         Mutumbo

Storey        

I'd like to see Horner get a few games before the season ends to see if he can fill the RB position if Raven isn't staying as I believe we need Josh in the middle alongside Warren.

23 hours ago, CaleyD said:

That used to be the case and the scheme served as a proving ground to encourage the clubs current approach to getting groups of kids along to games.  As you can see from the 3000 figure above, it has grown quite considerably from the seeds sown by CJT.

Just for the record - ICT started issuing comp tickets to Primary and Secondary schools in 1996 - long before CJT came into being.  

Edited by caleyboy