Matchday Thread - Arabs on BT Sport

Inverness CT

• Lineup: Fon Williams, Meekings, Warren, Devine, Tremarco, Draper, Tansey, Roberts, Polworth, Mbuyi-Mutombo , Storey
  • Subs : Esson, Horner, Raven, Hughes, Foran, R Williams, D Williams.

Dundee Utd

• Lineup:  Eiji Kawashima, Durnan, Morris, Dillan, Knoyle, Fraser, Rankin, Dixon, Murray, Ofere, Mckay
  • Subs : Johnson, Smith, Zwick, Donaldson, Coote, Robson,

Offere, McKay and Rankin - and Ofere has the first strike

35 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Offere, McKay and Rankin

Between them they have 68 goals for ICT, which is considerably more than the whole ICT XI have scored for ICT!

• Agree 1

Well that was embarrassing. defence fell apart again and our attacker played winger all night. Honestly Hughes hasn't a clue with his tactics and that was another showing of how bad a team we have become in the space of under a year. Every home game there is a lack of atmosphere? hardly any motivation for our players.

• Agree 2

Poor.  I thought we were very one paced throughout, had an end of season feel to it which is odd considering we have places and thus prize money to play for. Taking Ryan Williams off the bench was bizarre, has barely been seen since he signed and ran around like a headless chicken in the opposite direction to the ball. Odd signing altogether.

The sooner we get Josh back in the centre beside Gary the better. Josh can do a job at right back but he is very limited going forward, there were at least 4-5 occasions where he hit the ball out of play when crossing.  Devine also gets caught out of position a little too often, if you watch it back you'll see him chase the ball into midfield leaving a gap behind him.

All in all a very disappointing night, I think 7th is out of reach which may cost us a player for next season.

Edited by Hiro
  • Agree 2

Well, how disappointing was that after our last two games?   Yes, we had plenty possession, but did we look threatening?  Not at all, until we were 3 down, when at last we showed some urgency.  Then Hughes takes off our best player by far . Why?? Was he injured? Not that I saw!

Really liked Roberts tonight.  Hope we can hang on to him.  Of the 3 ex ICT players in the Utd side, I think only Ofere looked the part on tonight's performance.  But I doubt we'll see him back at the dump playing for us.

As Hiro said in earlier post, I have always thought our defence looks most solid with Meekings and Warren together as centre backs.  For heavens sake get Raven back in at right back and keep Devine for emergencies.

Think we'll have to win both of our last two matches to have any chance of 7th now..

I won't be rushing to the bookies to check out the odds!

• Agree 2

Pretty humiliating that. I know the management team are the most qualified to make these calls, but I just feel it is so blatantly obvious that we need to get the spine of Warren and Meekings back together. I'm not as critical of Devine as some people, I feel he has a part to play in the squad, but as pretty much every fan seems to think, a back 4 of Raven-Meekings-Warren-Tremarco would provide more balance and a solid base. The substitution of Roberts was also bizarre, he was still looking pretty energetic. No injury crisis to hide behind tonight. Cannot wait for this season to end. 

• Agree 5

Humiliating. I hope there's a realisation with everyone that tonight's result might well have cost us at least one decent wage for next season. Here we are crying out for players like Raven to be signed and an unacceptable result could well have nailed that possibility. It's ironic that Raven's absence from the optimal back four might have cost him any chance of a contract next season. Meekings and Warren central defense now please.

• Agree 3

• tm4tj pinned this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic